Oils and aromatherapy

Discussions of Energy Work and Alternate Health Practises. ***Not a Substitute for Medical Advice or Medicine!
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Oils and scents can be a great aide in your work with demons. Demons have a strong sense of smell, and can be greatly attracted to the energies of properly made and charged oils. Ritual oils, are also called 'oleums' due to the fact that olive oil is often used to dilute, preserve, and carry the scents. Smell can also have a profound effect on our own psyche. it can calm, invigorate, and we associate it strongly with particular memories. Although considered a weak sense in humans, it is our oldest means of interaction with our environment. The creation of oils and perfumes is a science in its own right! Oils are also used in the making of incenses, which is a common method to use in creating a sense of ceremony or signaling ritual and coming into our 'sacred space'. One of my oldest memories is a recipe for a perfume called 'triple lotus', which contains three different types of lotus flowers, and is sacred to the God Nefertum. The study of herbals and oils is a pleasant and potent way to enhance your studies!
Last edited by User3246 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Yes, some demons can be connected with easier with the use of Oleums. Some demons do prefer those various scents. I see that you have posted a link to various oleums and oils from a competitor website. Fortunately for those of us here, Anatel has already formulated various oleums that can be used in the connection with specific demons, as well as promoting astral travel/prophetic dreams. You can find this on the S&S store page at:
http://www.satanandsons.com/Oleums/cat1 ... 94162.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

There is a hoodoo oil called Black Arts, it's traditionally used for pact making with demons. The scent is quite unpleasant and so is the matching incense. I wonder what our demon companions think of this oil.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Cka75 wrote:Yes, some demons can be connected with easier with the use of Oleums. Some demons do prefer those various scents. I see that you have posted a link to various oleums and oils from a competitor website. Fortunately for those of us here, Anatel has already formulated various oleums that can be used in the connection with specific demons, as well as promoting astral travel/prophetic dreams. You can find this on the S&S store page at:
http://www.satanandsons.com/Oleums/cat1 ... 94162.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, Cka! I have gotten quite used to sharing sources and networking as a Registered Nurse, and I quite forgot that folks do not like that on their sites when they have similar items! So I have removed the offending link. People can make their own web searches. I know Anatel has a lot of experience with herbals and aromatherapy, too, and I do think the S&S oleums are backed by a lot of knowledge, experience, and hard work! So, sorry! :devil:P
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

I have oleums from the lovely Anatel and can say they are amazing.

I do also work with oils and aromatherapy. Some of my demons, I know when they are around because they have a certain scent and I can actually smell them.

@Inanna, depends on the demon..... I know mine like things like patchouli, oud, sandalwood, frankincense, lavender, gardenia, vanilla, jasmine and a bunch of other smells.... They do all have preferences though. I can't say any of mine like anything I have ever thought smelled unpleasant lol what does it smell like? Any idea what's in it? I would ask the demon themselves to be sure.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Mine all like pleasant smells too. I haven't heard (yet) of one who enjoys unpleasant things - but I will say it's possible and you should ask them directly. And lady Anatel does always do a wonderful job!!! :devilgrin: :devilbow:
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

Eilana wrote: @Inanna, depends on the demon..... I know mine like things like patchouli, oud, sandalwood, frankincense, lavender, gardenia, vanilla, jasmine and a bunch of other smells.... They do all have preferences though. I can't say any of mine like anything I have ever thought smelled unpleasant lol what does it smell like? Any idea what's in it? I would ask the demon themselves to be sure.
The formula for the particular bottle of Black Arts oil I have is unknown, but I am pretty sure it contains valerian root which is very very stinky.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Thanks ck and eilana :) :hug: Im glad you both enjoy them :devillove:
I do have other oils in the pipelines but experimentation is time consuming and can get pricey (trial and error) so Im a bit slow with getting new ones out.

anyway, I wanted to say that olive oil in itself will not preserve an oil mixture. There are a few ways you can preserve the integrity of any ritual oils you make- I personally add benzoin essential oil. Its a great perservative and adds a slight scent of vanilla to a softly scented oleum or nothing at all to one with stronger scents. This is the most non invasive preservative ive found. You could also mix with vodka, but i personally find the smell overpowers the mixture and i dont like my oils and perfumes to have that alcohol smell. It can really ruin some of the gentler scents out there.

@inanna,
valerian.. ugh that stuff smells like ass lol.. but its great for sleep or anxiety issues. Im curious as to how that would end up in a black magick oil as it has no cursing properties to it. Im not sure of their logic behind that one but it might be worth asking them whats in it and why. My own private black magick and cursing oil is so deadly i have to handle it with rubber gloves and keep it well out of reach of anyone in my household. (i have a passion for poison plants lol ) I think it would depend on what your intention was would depend on the smell thing. Like look at the properties of the oil, whats in it, how does it vibrate/resonate with a demon, and why. just because it doesnt smell good to us, doesnt mean it wont positively vibrate with a demon and vice versa. Look at all properties of an herb and how they relate to a demon and why that demon would like it. Also, it helps a GREAT deal if you just ask that Demon, hey do you like this? why or why not? They are very quick to tell you if they like or dislike something.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Heidi

Valerian root is related to cursing and to the dead. But I'm on a trip and hate typing on my phone, so you'll have to wait until Monday for more details :P

Nice topic btw :)
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Heidi wrote:Valerian root is related to cursing and to the dead. But I'm on a trip and hate typing on my phone, so you'll have to wait until Monday for more details :P

Nice topic btw :)
I have seen it being talked about as a substitute for graveyard dust and to enhance curses or hexes. However, i disagree with this (obviously my opninion not law) as the properties it promotes (love, sleep, peace, protection, purification) really dont resonate well with me for execration magick. As everything used in any casting is mostly a peripheral anyway (i say mostly. we can charge/program almost anything with intent thus altering its vibrations) to draw your own energy out and to enhance the intent of the working,i dont think this works for me. I prefer to use mandrake, hemlock, belladonna, henbane, yew, sulfur, black salt, blackthorn thorns, blood etc. etc...some of which i now grow myself. but.. eh. fun little peripherals. In an emergency or a situation where you cant openly cast, you dont need a thing but a tag (not even this if your energetic link to your target is strong enough) your intent and energy projection.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta

Return to “Energy Work and Alternative Health Practises”