meditating with our own crystals

Magical tools that we use in our workings
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

As excited as I was to buy the crystals from the S&S store - and as much as I tend to belittle my own abilities - I seemed to be getting the message to not buy any more items or spells. Instead I am being nudged to pick out/create my own tools instead of being dependent on something else.
I really wanted to feel those energies, but, with work perhaps I can get there myself with the help of my lowborn and any others who come along.
Besides, I have many hands-on exercises already that I can work on.

I found myself filling my cart then abandoning it, worried about my finances and medical bills, shopping around for (affordable) pretty jewelry pieces or wands, or looking at my own jewelry supplies ... I think I'd rather invest in the companion Akelta finds for me, and buy or make a piece that feels meaningful to me as a focus point.

I had a bonding ritual service done through a BOTP seller ( I guess I can't post names here), and without having mentioned this idea to her or to anyone at all, considering I was pretty much ready to buy from S&S ... I got the writeup today and I was given the message from my lowborn directly - "stop buying things and we will work on your skills together," which confirmed the nagging feeling I'd been having.

It's great that S&S offers many tools, but I had let my confidence in myself go way too low and my dependence on others go way too high. S wants me to stop doubting myself so much and really grasp my potential.
Like SH's alternate pathways, it's not that I don't *need* the Goety Crystal, it's just that S will help me find a different path to achieving the same goal for instance.

This means too that I can pick out something special like an offering of special jewelry or whatever since I usually do bind-to-spirit; I can share something special with S.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Premade stuff can be great. The magickals sold on SnS are, in my opinion, awesome. Great energy, all the way around. But, yes... if you're feeling called to experiment and do your thing, then do your thing. I've undertaken this a little and find it a really enjoyable process. And when I travel the globe, I always bring some of my more meaningful and more relavent pieces with me. Good luck!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Darth Moronius

Sound like a progress, Lokekisa :)devil:
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Bumping, @Lok. I think this is an amazingly profound statement and the timing couldn't be better, no?

I fall in the middle, I do make my own now but I also have some from the S&S team and they are pretty impressive. Since you posted this a bit ago how are things progressing?
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Ah well, I guess it's nice I have vessels for two of the demons as focal points now... my imp was distance-bound so recently I found a cute pendant to represent him.
And I've mentioned elsewhere that I have sigil pendants for Marbas and Sitri.
I'm bad for not finishing projects, being perpetually in the planning phase. Plus I'd kind of switched to gift-buying mode, with the talismanic crafty ideas still percolating in the back of my mind.
I suppose the scroll info and the new exercises have shifted my interest since starting this thread, and I think maybe at the beginning I hadn't expected that I was going to have vessels, if that makes sense. For a long while I was getting all conjures distance-bound.
This year I've made the commitment to quit buying services and magickals; it had become almost like an addiction and most of it wasn't helping me expand or develop myself at all.
Now I know what my DLs and companions like and can teach me, and I have the exercises to work with, so I have a more defined list of stones and sigils and whatever to choose from.
And you know, there are activities and music and all kinds of things that can be connective and meditative.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

How did I miss this post? I use the SNS stuff, and it is great, but I make a lot of my own, as well. Loved this topic, Lokakisa!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)

Return to “Magickal Tools”