View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Satan and Sons Store     The Chat Room     Demon Encyclopedia     Satan and Suns Blog     Twitter     Facebook 

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Satan and Suns Forum Rules! ***UPDATED*** April 18th 2017 

Patron Deities?: Lord Leviathan
Your favourite Demon?: Leviathan, Satan, Lucifer, Belial
Number of Demon Familiars: 99
As with any sacred place we need to make sure we create a safe atmosphere where people can feel free to express themselves and grow along their individual path without criticism. In order to do that there needs to be set boundaries and rules that we need to follow and abide by. These are basic rules for now but they will be updated from time to time as we grow in size.

We seek to make this a place of education, spiritual learning and exploration and make it as safe as possible for people to discuss their path and experiences without fear and prejudice. This is a community of many paths, we believe that the individual needs the space to be able to find the path that is right for them. We are here to learn from each other and sometimes our views may conflict, but we have to remember the spiritual world is a big place and there is room for all of us.

We are adding new rules today.  I am going to say this, it is not our job to ensure members get along, it is our job to uphold the rules of the forum.  Our rules are simple, we need to work together to abide by them.  We are going to be laying out very clear rules moving forward so that there is no discrepancy and everyone is one the same page.  We feel this will benefit everyone.  

We have been working at warding the website and erecting shields of protection, as well as daily cleanses and a large cleansing we have been performing to refresh the energies. Please do not hesitate to contacts us, or send us a PM if you have questions, comments or concerns.

Yllidra, Satyra, Eilana, and Anatel are forum Moderators. We are happy to answer any questions or assist you in any way we can.

Thank you everyone for being a part of this community as we would not have Satan and Suns without you!

Satan and Sun’s Forum Rules and Courtesies.

1) Respect

a) To be a member of this community you do not need to walk a particular path. The owners and moderators of this board all walk a darker path, but that does not mean we are not open to the paths of others. We ask that you respect others and their individual paths and also to be respectful of their experiences. If you find instances where people are promoting hate, cruelty or malicious actions then please report the post and notify the moderators, they will take action to remove the post and speak with the individual. We are open to people from all paths if you wish to come here and learn, however, any offensive or disrespectful remarks will not be tolerated.

b) Debate is welcome and encouraged so long as it is clean and done in a respectable manner. All beliefs and paths are welcome here and we ask that you be respectful of each other. Please do not criticize another’s beliefs and try to convert them. That will not be tolerated. We are here to learn from each other.

c) Respect also falls into the category of respect for animals, children, others, and respect for the demons. Some things we do not tolerate here.

i) We will not condone animals sacrifice and other posts of cruelty, torture and abuse.
ii) We are an LGBT friendly community and will not condone any hate speech of that nature.
iii) We do not condone and will not tolerate racist, rude, insulting or hurtful remarks
iv) Any abusive, nasty, accusatory, threatening, or hurtful remarks will not be tolerated.  

d) If you see an abusive or threatening post, one that insights bullying or harassment, or one that promotes hate speech then please flag the post and our moderators will look into it. 

Final note: We are all adults and can agree to disagree. Remember we all walks different paths and just because we have come to different conclusions does not mean we have to yell at each other. Debate can open up the doors of knowledge and new understanding but keep it clean.

2) Handling Drama and Personal Conflicts with other members.  

a) First of all, what happened outside of the forum and the board needs to stay there.  Do not bring your personal issues to the forum.  We are trying to maintain an integral and educational community and we all need to take steps to ensure that this community stays peaceful and continues to grow and thrive.  The golden rule of the forum is respect and we ask you to please preserve that even when you have personal issues with another member.  In this space we are working towards building a community, and we are working to allow this place to grow and thrive, drama and personal issues bring down the energy.  

b) We will be moderating based on what we see on the board.  We do not care about who said what where outside of the board, in this space we need to work to uphold the peaceful atmosphere and that means no abusive, nasty, threatening, or hate-filled remarks will be tolerated.  This is an open and free forum where everyone is able to communicate and participate. We ask that you respect the rules of this forum and not bring outside drama or personal conflicts on the boards.  We will be basing our moderating decisions on what we see on the threads.  

c) That being said at times conflicts can and do arise.  We have a wide variety of personalities and it is bound to happen that two people might not get along or might have a falling out.  If this happens we do need to take steps to preserve the peace of the forum. We are all adults so please try to resolve the issue amongst yourselves and do not bring outside drama to the forums.   If you are at odds with other members of the forum DO NOT take matters into your own hands, the best way to handle this is to ignore them.  If two members cannot get along the best way to handle this is to...

i) Even if you have issues with another party be respectful of them and ignore them.
ii) Do not bring your personal issues here. Try to resolve things as best you can.  
iii) You can disagree and debate but please do it respectfully.  
iv) if the issue is insurmountable and you feel that you are being bullied or harassed then please place the other individual on your foe list.
vIgnore each other and stay away from each other to prevent drama and conflict. 
vi) do not post on their threads, and report any abusive PM’s you receive to the moderation team.  
vii) If you are being harassed or abused report to a MOD right away instead of letting it fester, or arguing about it underhandedly on the forum.

d) This is the best way for us to handle these situations, the forum is big enough and there is enough space for everyone to make threads that will avoid conflicting personalities having to engage each other.  Threads can be very personal and we need remember that there is a sense of vulnerability in posting.   

e) Legally anything anyone posts in their intellectual property though through the forum’s terms and services the forum is responsible for the publishing of your content, the author of the thread is still the author.  Spiritual paths are very personal and sometimes topics are going to overlap but that is ok because we all have unique experiences.  

f) This is a public forum and anyone is allowed to post where they want, the question you need to ask is, is it advisable?  If you are trying to avoid someone, avoid them. If you are really bothered by them and have personal issues with them then we advise both parties to avoid each other.   Part of walking the LHP is taking personal responsibility and accountability and that means taking the steps you need to take to limit interactions with people you do not want to interact with.

3) Be respectful of the PM system.

a) The PM system is a privilege that is granted members of the board.  It is not meant to be a tool use to solicit other members or abuse and harass them.  Do not use the PM system to harass, assault, threaten or antagonize another member of the forum.  Misuse of the PM system will result in these privileges being taken away.  

b). There is absolutely no solicitations through the PM system.  It is designed and meant for the use of board members to converse with each other and communicate.  It is not meant for dealing and selling.  If you are in violation of this rule you will be warned and possibly have your privileges revoked.  

4) No Spam or Trolling

a) This is a community where we seek to learn and explore many different paths. Debate is welcome and encouraged in some cases but any irrelevant posts or posts specifically designed to incite a rise out of another member will be removed. Any spam or off topic posts will be removed.  

b) Any spam that is posted on the threads will be removed.  There is a designated section for advertising with its own rules, any spam or solicitations on the main threads will be removed and deleted.  

5) No Accusations

a) If you are going to post nasty gossip or the accusation that someone has cursed, hexed or spelled you without any basis or proof the post will be deleted and if you continue to make sure posts it will be considered malicious and disciplinary actions will take place.

b) We will not allow any inter-forum fighting and no seller bashing, if you have a legitimate issue with a seller that is fine to discuss, but no bashing and accusations against other sellers.  If you have an issue with another seller then please talk to them directly and take up your concerns with them.  We also do not allow vessel reading or spirit verification threads.

6) Links

a) We do encourage reading and sharing resources, posting resource links and interesting articles. But we do have to make some things known. The SB is not a place to advertise, it is a social place for discussion.

b) Feel free to talk about your entities and experiences from any seller and you can even post details about your entity and experiences, but please keep ads and direct links to listings to a minimum.  

c) If you are a seller or have wares you wish you post please post it in the correct section... l http://www.satanandsuns.com/viewforum.php?f=53 l ... this section here is for posting listings from other sellers. There are rules for posting ads as well, they can be viewed here.. l http://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=628 l Please keep ads to this section.

d) Please refrain from posting links from sellers who are in direct competition with S&S or have had conflict and issues with S&S, other sellers have other resources to talk about their wares.

7) The Shout-box

a) The shout-box is meant to be a fun social tool for discussion. Please keep it clean and respectful.  

b) No one has to reply to you when they are online, people sign on for various reasons and it is a choice to participate in the SB discussion.  Don't attack other members or get upset if someone doesn't answer. It can be hard to watch the SB while scrolling through the forum and I know for the Admin, when they are in the backend they can't see the shout-box.

c) Do not get upset or feel ignored if someone doesn't reply. There could be many reason why they didn't see you address them, especially with our mods and admins.  They have many reasons why they have logged on to the forum and sometimes they are genuinely busy.  

8) Mass Post Deleting and Account Deletion

I need to cover this topic because we are growing as a community and I do want to address this, because it has come up, I want you all to know that moving forward this will be the policy of mass deletions of posts and deleting accounts. This is for the content threads on the forum and does not cover sales and seller threads.

Mass Deleting Posts

a) One of the things that makes online forums special is the fact that they are shared spaces. This means that when someone contributes, their contribution directly impacts the contributions of others. There are no walls or profiles, no individual areas where you have to opt-in to a specific person (at least, not usually and not in a way that outweighs the shared spaces). There is simply a space that everyone shares. Mass deletions can be very harmful for the community, and though sometimes they are necessary, we would really like to avoid them moving forward.

Deleting Accounts

a) While there are special cases at times where accounts will be deleted, moving forward we will not mass delete posts or delete accounts, we are going to try to find other options. With accounts, moving forward if you would like to leave, your account will not be deleted. It will be closed. This means that the username is changed to something non-descriptive, like username12345. The profile fields (email address, instant messenger names, website URLs, avatars, etc.) are cleared. The account is closed from further usage and the member can no longer use it, as it is no longer tied to them or identifiable to them.

b) Regarding Individual posts though, we are happy to work with people on any sensitive or identifying information. I would need a write up of your concerns and why you would like the post removed, and then we will look into removing it. These posts can be ones that have identifying information of photos that the person does not wish to be seen, or highly personal posts they no longer wish to be seen. In those cases, I’m happy to help and simply to remove the sensitive posts in question.

c) The goal here is to respect the integrity of the community and a forum space, without upsetting people. In the end, all your posts are stored in Google and other spider indexing. They exist. If you post online you are opening yourself up and there is nothing I can do about deleting those indexing. This is how Post Deletion and Account Deleting will be handled moving forward.

Moderation Warnings and Bannings. 

We really wanted to avoid this, to help people grow and for the most part we will continue as we always have. You know that it takes a lot for us to give warnings because we believe in growth and helping people, we also believe in letting people learn from their mistakes.  This does not include rants, venting, feeling frustrated and just needing to let off steam. This system is for people who are clearly abusive, threatening or being nasty to other members.  

a) For most offences we are reasonable and want to work with you to solve things in a diplomatic fashion where everyone can learn and grow.  Most things we let go and If you own up and apologize for your actions, no warning will be given unless it is very apparent that it is a hollow apology.   If you are sincere and own up to what happened, let’s put the past behind us and move forward.  The LHP is about personal accountability and responsibility and we want to breed a positive atmosphere where we can grow and learn.  

b) DO NOT threaten another member with harm, physically or spiritually.  This will not be tolerated. I don’t care how much of a bad ass you think you are, if you threaten a member of this forum you will face consequences.  There is no reason to threaten anyone here.  This is serious and it is something we want to avoid here.  There is a reason that Satan and Suns is of the energy vibration that it is.  This includes..  

~ Threats of physical nature
~ Threats of a spiritual  nature.  Ex. death cursing, harm or threatening to take out another member of this forum
~ Purposely going after people in a cruel and nasty way.   
~ Trolling someone with the intent to provoke them
~ Posting horrific images of abuse and torture with the intent to disturb other members

If you commit one of these acts the following moderations will be taken.  

1) You will be given a warning.  

2) If you do it again you will be given a second warning.

2) A third offence will result in a 24 hour ban.

4) A fourth time will result in a 3 day ban.

5) A fifth offence will result in a permanent ban.

This is not energy that we want here and if you are unable to control yourself then please take your aggressions elsewhere.

c) We reserve the right to ban you if we find out you are talking bad about us or spreading rumours about us or members of our forum.  We ask that events that happen on the forum stay there and private details shared by our members not be taken and posted elsewhere.  This is especially true in the private blog section of the forum and the over 18 sections.  People share personal details and they do not want them shared outside of the forum.  What happens on S&S stays on S&S.  Thank you!

Final Note: Presented here are the rules for participation on this Forum. Lets work together to keep this space one of respect and education. Ok now that that is over with lets get back to posting and just having fun.

Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.
~unknown~

Most witches dont believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they dont believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.
Terry Pratchett

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Mommy

Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16
great revisions! Understood :)

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:18 am

Number of Demon Familiars: 1
Excellent revisions, I still wonder about the requirements for tenure as I have not managed to locate anything on it thus far.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:17 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Patron Deities?: Lucifer, Satan, Mammon, Prince V
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Satan, Mammon, Azazel, Prince V
Number of Demon Familiars: 66
Thanks Yllidra for posting the updated rules, this is great!

fire083 wrote:
Excellent revisions, I still wonder about the requirements for tenure as I have not managed to locate anything on it thus far.

We will be putting together a post on the different levels soon and the requirements for Tenurship :cooldevil:

Satan's Little Elf

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Dance with Lucifer in Light
Kneel before Mammon's Throne

Satan and Sun's Blog

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

Number of Demon Familiars: 1
Akelta wrote:
Thanks Yllidra for posting the updated rules, this is great!

fire083 wrote:

We will be putting together a post on the different levels soon and the requirements for Tenurship :cooldevil:

Awesome :headbang:

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:21 pm
Profile YIM

Number of Demon Familiars: 10
Seems pretty basic common sense rules

I am so grateful to have this place to learn about what paths others are on and expand my own knowledge

Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:33 pm

heard and understood :devilthumbs:

Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:20 am

Patron Deities?: bune
Your favourite Demon?: wealth
Number of Demon Familiars: 3
I love these rules! !!!!!

(We are all being played in one form or another. I guess it comes down to how you are being played, are you being played in a way that benefits you and will overall lead you to your goals and be a win win situation for the parties involved, or are you being played in a way that will be harmful and destructive.) - Akelta Wilde

(Half asian half amazin :-* )

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Read and understood. Another good place to learn in a respectful way. Kudos.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:15 pm
SINNER of the month

Patron Deities?: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0
Read and understood. So very well written :fulldevil:

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next