Being a good host to visitors

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

fawnwings

I was wondering when you request a visit from a pre-bound and it's for twelve hours what do you normally do during that time? Is it similar to having a formal-ish guest come over (where you socialize and entertain the whole time) or after the initial greetings and welcoming, chill and resume your normal day? As, well, the only people who stay around for twelve hours as guests (for me) are usually friends or family- so there's a sense of being okay to do 'your own thing' after catching up and whatnot. Any suggestions or examples would be welcome! X) I'd like to be a better host next time.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

This is such an amazing question! I think Akelta might actually be working on something for Demon visits (a mini book or forum post? Not entirely sure...) But anyway ... me personally, I usually introduce myself and get myself attuned to their energies so I can communicate effectively with them. If I know the visit is coming I prepare for it, at least to do a welcoming ritual of sorts, which would be sit down with them and have tea and if I didn't know it was coming (sometimes it was like, oh hey we are sending them now, and I was like omg right now???) then I would greet and welcome them and say, well, this is my crazy life, welcome along for the ride LOL

One of my visits, I didn't see the message they were sending a Demon for a visit until after he was there. And something weird had happened, so when I saw the email I was like O_O .... IT'S YOU!!!! YOU'RE HERE!!! LOL I also had to go out so I just had them go with me and kind of involved them in my day. I hear them though, so I usually talk nonstop to them.

So for me, it is go about my day, talk to them, connect with them and see how it all goes. Sit down for tea (I can usually manage that sometime in a span of 12 hours) and just try to have fun with them ^^
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
fawnwings

Eilana wrote:This is such an amazing question! I think Akelta might actually be working on something for Demon visits (a mini book or forum post? Not entirely sure...) But anyway ... me personally, I usually introduce myself and get myself attuned to their energies so I can communicate effectively with them. If I know the visit is coming I prepare for it, at least to do a welcoming ritual of sorts, which would be sit down with them and have tea and if I didn't know it was coming (sometimes it was like, oh hey we are sending them now, and I was like omg right now???) then I would greet and welcome them and say, well, this is my crazy life, welcome along for the ride LOL

One of my visits, I didn't see the message they were sending a Demon for a visit until after he was there. And something weird had happened, so when I saw the email I was like O_O .... IT'S YOU!!!! YOU'RE HERE!!! LOL I also had to go out so I just had them go with me and kind of involved them in my day. I hear them though, so I usually talk nonstop to them.

So for me, it is go about my day, talk to them, connect with them and see how it all goes. Sit down for tea (I can usually manage that sometime in a span of 12 hours) and just try to have fun with them ^^
lol, That sounds fun. I wasn't so sure if tea and a conversation would be adequate, enough. Might not be with me, since I still don't hear well. Didn't want to make someone feel unwelcome or uncomfortable by rambling on my random tangents. >.<
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

For my visit it was mostly just conversation as I can not hear very well either. But after some time I had to go about my night like normal and go to sleep.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters

fawnwings wrote:
Eilana wrote:This is such an amazing question! I think Akelta might actually be working on something for Demon visits (a mini book or forum post? Not entirely sure...) But anyway ... me personally, I usually introduce myself and get myself attuned to their energies so I can communicate effectively with them. If I know the visit is coming I prepare for it, at least to do a welcoming ritual of sorts, which would be sit down with them and have tea and if I didn't know it was coming (sometimes it was like, oh hey we are sending them now, and I was like omg right now???) then I would greet and welcome them and say, well, this is my crazy life, welcome along for the ride LOL

lol, That sounds fun. I wasn't so sure if tea and a conversation would be adequate, enough. Might not be with me, since I still don't hear well. Didn't want to make someone feel unwelcome or uncomfortable by rambling on my random tangents. >.<
Awww I don't think they would be uncomfortable or feel unwelcome. My first visit ever was with a DC And I was worried about that.
I was going to try to re-write the conversation but I actually have it from one of my blog posts, so here is what happened and what he told me ....

First, what a presence. He has this sort of dark, primal energy. Very intense. I didn't feel scared or overwhelmed in any way though. He's also not very talkative. He spent most of his time observing me.
Of course it's me, so I'm giggling and acting like a spaz rofl I notice this within the first 20 minutes as I babble on and he's kind of just staring at me. I start to think maybe I should tone it down...

"No, you should be yourself. How else can I decide if I want to join you?"

He's right... it would be horrible if I pretended to be something I wasn't, then he decided to join me and we end up hating each other. Ok, I'll be myself. No holding back. LOL
A few times, I thought he might be annoyed or bored (just cuz he's so quiet and I'm having trouble reading him) so I told him he could leave if he wanted. He said he would stay.

In the end I did just act like myself. Even though I could hear it was often me talking and him being quiet (because he was more quiet then LOL) but it was a match. And I agreed with what he said ... if someone doesn't like my rambling and I can't be myself, then there is probably a better match out there for me.

Also looking back now after years of working with Demons I know he knew exactly what I was like LOL even if I tried to act some other way, he knew. He said this more for my own benefit, trying to get me to be comfortable being myself, though I still think it is a good point.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I wonder if it is too much to ask to be cuddled? I am needy...I just am! I want to put my hands on them and feel them and their energies. No I do NOT ask them to whip it out on the first date! XD However, I am a touchy person. A nice hug is a great greeting!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
fawnwings

Oh! That is a good point. X) It's how I'd like someone to be comfortable being meeting me, if the roles were reversed. Will have to keep that in mind!

And cuddles! lol Actually, I think it makes sense if they're staying over for 12 hours and some of that is likely to run into sleepy time. I wouldn't have the same reasons as feeling up their energy (XD), but because I imagine just watching a stranger sleep while you stand there is... weirder than being offered to come cuddle and relax, too.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters

fawnwings wrote:Oh! That is a good point. X) It's how I'd like someone to be comfortable being meeting me, if the roles were reversed. Will have to keep that in mind!

And cuddles! lol Actually, I think it makes sense if they're staying over for 12 hours and some of that is likely to run into sleepy time. I wouldn't have the same reasons as feeling up their energy (XD), but because I imagine just watching a stranger sleep while you stand there is... weirder than being offered to come cuddle and relax, too.
ROFLMAO that made me laugh so hard, thinking about that ... watching a stranger sleep, I had a hilarious image come to mind LOL

Sapphire
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I'm glad this was asked as it's a very good question and I used to wonder about this too. I personally, not unlike what others have shared, light some incense as an offering to thank them for visiting, then meditate and connect with them, and then introduce myself and tell them about myself. After that I invite them to join me as I go about my day and continue talking to them throughout.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Rumi
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

I do a lot of walking, hiking, so I have on occasion just invited them along and we chatted while walking. Also, if there's a good movie on I've invited them along and had a great time as
it sparks lots of discussion -- but it depends on the nature of the visitor. That kind of thing wouldn't work with everyone. I tend to like to just reveal what I am so they know what their getting into. lol

I have made plans and then had them tell me 'No'. In which case I did what they wanted and that turned out terrific.
I've missed emails too and ended up with surprise visits but it always seems to turn out okay.
"Good morning. ( level stare) I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”