Seminar transcript: Aug 22 - The Darkness Within

Free Pdf's and Resources from the Coven!

Moderator: Akelta

Satyra

Akelta: Darkness, Darkness is a part of us and a part of this world. To deny it, is to invite it to take control and to invite an unbalanced state in your life.

Akelta: What are some things you guys know about darkness, more specifically the darkness inside of you?
Heidi: it's dark
Heidi: it can be scary
Heidi: or it can be fun
3xcalibur: It's easily annoyed by bs lmfao
4bluefaeries: we were taught as a child to cage the darkness and never let it out
fire083: that not as comfortable with it as i should be
DeadCrow: Darkness can be falsely lulling one into a sense of strength
Eilana: I guess I know that it's there and sometimes it surprises me
eLuceo: it's non-judgemental, do what is necessary and justified and doesn't give an f about “moral” or “ethics” or “dogma:”
Heidi: it's pretty much in everyone, though in different degrees
Kei: I guess...darkness has a lot of secrets to share, but you could lose your way if you don't know what you're doing.
ThePlutonianOne: right it simply “is”
4bluefaeries: I wonder the longer you surpress it,the more aggravated it becomes
ThePlutonianOne: and transcends all of those notions
fire083: it brings fourth aspects of my personality that scare me
Heidi: it helps us survive
3xcalibur: It gets shit done
Nyctophilia Raven: I wasn't always as comfortable with my darkness as I am now. I'm not now as comfortable as my darkness as I can be, or will be. I wax and wane in comfort. My darkness likes to play with other darknesses... darkness is her food, and she likes to play with what she eats. She is a cat, and she plays wi
Akelta: You are all right, it is many things, and yes what was pointed out, it exists in varying degrees in all of us. We should not try to be more dark then we are, and we should not try to be more light then we are. We should always be looking for balance, but that balance comes from understanding bot
DeadCrow: My darkness unsettles me and troubles me. It makes me question my weakness and strengths, what I know and don't know.
Akelta: stupid word limit!
Akelta: We should always be looking for balance, but that balance comes from understanding both our sides, and sdly in this world the darkness is often shunned.
Nyctophilia Raven: She is a cat, and she plays with her food because it's fun to torture it before she eats it. When I feed, it's like lightning has filled me up. I get high all over. I'm filled with light when I eat the blackness of other things.
4bluefaeries: I see most of my darkness in my dreams
Akelta: There are lots of secrets in the darkness, and lots of lessons. There is also power and pleasure, primal strength and an ability to release and lose yourself, but at te same time ,free yourself
Heidi: i've been seeing different parts of my darkness in my dreams lately too, but not exactly parts I'd like to see.
4bluefaeries: darkness is raw instinct
fire083 left.
ThePlutonianOne: there is a Singular Beauty in Darkness. That far outshines any “External” light
Nyctophilia Raven: Darkness is Fight or Flight or Fuck.
DeadCrow: Akelta, if the darkness in me seeks release in harming, isn't that false darkness?
4bluefaeries: it's primal and old,
eLuceo: Darkness has that self assuring feel, a different blend than whiteness but empowering
Akelta: It can be unsettling, it can be dangerous and it can be deceptive. it is darkness. It is not meant to be all light and happy.
eLuceo: Darkness has that self assuring feel, a different blend than whiteness but empowering
Akelta: It can be unsettling, it can be dangerous and it can be deceptive. it is darkness. It is not meant to be all light and happy.
Heidi: makes sense
Heidi: depends on what we're talking about. Is it our dark energy or or dark side? Cause one feels more comfortable than the other.
fire083: Page glitched
Akelta: @deadcrow, that is a good question. It depends. Harming to defend yourself and your family, no, harming to eat, no. It depends.
Akelta: I can be false darkness, bit it also can be primal darkness.
DeadCrow: Harming for fun? For release?
Heidi: yeah, that's where it gets confusing for me.
4bluefaeries: that beggs the question Akelta,how do you tel the two apart?
Akelta: THere is a great unbalance in the world when it comes to darkness. A lot of people peopel shun their daknness, some will even pretend it doesnt exist.
4bluefaeries: thanks sweeti
Eilana: is the other person in on the fun?
ThePlutonianOne: to deny ones darkness is to deny a fundamental aspect that makes us human.
Kei: Then why does it seem to be overwhelmingly prevalent in the world at times, if so many people shun it?
4bluefaeries: but what if your darkness scares you?
Akelta: What Eilana says is accurate, when you start harming innocence for release your energies are crossing into an unbalanced place, and you are boarding in a region on darkness that can consume you. If you are harming for food, or well like in S&M harming that is a healthy expression of darkness.
Heidi: I have a question. Is false darkness part of our shadow selves?
Akelta: @ Kei, perfect question, because they shun it, so it control them. They lose control of their darkness and it works on them from the shadows.
4bluefaeries: I would think false darkness is denying ourselves our truth
DeadCrow: I think that's why I'm afraid of my darkness, because it's bordering very finely on unbalance
eLuceo: oh i gotta be more dark lol embracing my darkness more
Akelta: When you deny your darkness it can fiht to be heard and that releases more darkness. People who are balanced in light and dark and have walked with their shadow, dont really appear that dark, and theydont have the desire to prove they are dark by lashing
Akelta: out with anti social tendencies
Akelta: they just allow themselves to be, without the need to prove anything
DeadCrow: Ah...
eLuceo: those people who commit crimes that hurt others in the name of satan are really unbalance
eLuceo: * imbalance
Eilana: DeadCrow it can be scary... I was very unbalanced and I went into it head first to sort it out because I was fed up . That was a learning experience lol
ThePlutonianOne: especially hurting animals'
Akelta: @ Blue, darkness and shadow work are scary, you are coming face to face with the murderer, the monster in you, and you are chosing to walking beside and with yourself as a whole in peace. It can be a scary journey
4bluefaeries: if one kills in their dreams,does that represent a prt of our dark self?
Nyctophilia Raven: Sure.
Akelta: @ Heidi, False Darkness it an energy that influences your psyche and prevents you from living. it beats you down while true darkness can build you up and awaken you
4bluefaeries: I have been dark in my dreams lately waking up,almost affraid of myself ,saying **is that even me?***
Nyctophilia Raven: If one allows oneself to be murdered over and over again in ones dreams, isn't that also a part of the shadow, though? Gotta say, Victim is the ULTIMATE ego trip. Because EVERYONE gots to save me and be all up in my business and my drama, you know?
Akelta: @eLuceo, yes they are, because that is not what Satan is about or what he stands for, he stands for true darkness and I like to say demons are the muderer's muderer. They can and will defend the innocent by striking against those that harm them. They bring justice.
shadowdust: I killed things in my dream all time :p
Heidi: @Akelta, the reason I ask is because I've been having dreams showing different aspects of my darkness and blockages too, and in one of them for example, I saw that it was my birthday and no one at all had remembered it, not even my mom or my boyfriend. Now this can be false darkness that makes you f
4bluefaeries: well how do you realize it's your warrior self not your dark self?
Heidi: great, now I don't know what got posted and what not
Nyctophilia Raven: Heidi.. last words were be false darkness that makes you f
4bluefaeries: Then I am suffering from extreme false darkness
Heidi: feel this way when it isn't really that bad or part of your shadow self if it's a genuine fear that you're not important to anyone
Akelta: Deadcrow, Eilana is right, due to the fact that there is not a lot of work or acceptance of darkness there is a lot of unbalanced darkness and not a lot of understanding of what it is. We get frustrated lash out have no idea and then people attack us and tell us we are bad and evil when really we j
Heidi: thanks Nycto!
Nyctophilia Raven: Welcome.
Akelta: @Blue, I have killed in my dreams before, dreams can mean many things, they can also be the psyhes way of trying to kill a side of yourself
eLuceo: murderer's murderer, got it! Love it! <3 <3 <3
Kei: Suddenly I'm reminded of a dream where I literally choked the life out of something--or someone, don't remember. It was so real I could feel them slip away beneath my fingers. But it was the overwhelming remorse I felt immediately afterward that struck me in that dream, not the act of killing itsel
Akelta: @ Heidi, yes, false darkness can make you feel unworthy and unaccepted, also that you are unlovable and worthless
Heidi: oh great.... cause I left someone to be killed because of me in a dream three nights ago....
4bluefaeries: yeah a pycho murdering b*tch that beheads or tears people in half,and I don't even flinch
Kei: Stupid length limit :P
Akelta: @ Blue, yes you are you are surrounded by it.
Akelta: Remember your DE reading
Kei: But it was the overwhelming remorse I felt immediately afterward that struck me in that dream, not the act of killing itself. Always found that to be one of my oddest dreams ever.
4bluefaeries: I know,yes I do
4bluefaeries: I barely leave my bed now,but thats a long story
Nyctophilia Raven: I keep being killed in my dreams, but I also have eaten a lot of things in my dreams. It evens out in the end.
Eilana: False darkness is nasty stuff... Akelta, didn't you say you could bring it on yourself? or something like that...
Akelta: @ Kei, we all have these dark sides to us, some very extreme. We can keep them in check and utilize them for protection, but sometimes when they are denied they come forth in dreams
DeadCrow: How do we undeny it to bring balance?
ThePlutonianOne: I dream of Genie.
Eilana: for me, I embraced all of it and explored it
Akelta: Dreams can often be a gateway to our psyche. They can also be a journey to another world, or a creation of our energies. Each one needs to be analyzed as a unique dream.
Eilana: with the help of Demons... lol
Akelta: Eilana, that is what I did as well, explored it with my demons under their guidance and protection, They showed me how to balance my own and how to love and embrace my dark self
Eilana: <3
Akelta: So we all have a dark side how do we begin to understand it
Heidi: Akelta, is it normal for Lucifer to point different aspects of your darkness to you?
Akelta: @ Heidi, Lucifer is a demon and a damn good teacher, yes
Akelta: The first step to understanding your darkness is to remove all judgment and jsut accept Yes, I am dark I have darkness in me, and that is ok
DeadCrow: How do we undeny the darkness to regain balance?

Akelta: Don't worry you will become a murderer, dont worry you will unleash a monster
Akelta: just breath and accept from a place where you have no judgement, just allow it to be
Heidi: I don't think you can undeny all your darkness at once Deadcrow. I think you need to explore it a little bit first.
DeadCrow: Hmm..
Eilana: I agree with Heidi on that
Akelta: Yeah don't rush it, shadow work takes years
Nyctophilia Raven: There is a book I'd like to recommend for anyone who's interested in working with their shadow. It's Dark Moon Mysteries by Timothy Roderick
Akelta: and it can be hard to get to that non judgemental place
Akelta: we have a lot of societal fears and memes to get through
eLuceo: i came to understand and embrace my darkness as i understand that it will manifest when i'm under discomfort situations, to protect me. Most of the time when i'm light and happy it will standby watching in the shadows <3. I learn to differentiate that this is not sludge or false darkness as I do not
Akelta: Thanks Nycto
Heidi: @Nycto, if you don't mind can you also post about it in the forum?
Heidi: I'd like to see book suggestions from others on different topics we discuss
Akelta: @ eluceo, that is wonderful. Theydo play together when they are both free, the dark and the light
DeadCrow: I know my shadow too well.. it's embracing it that's holding me back
Akelta: @Heidi and Nycto, Yes Nycto please do that would be a great resource
Nyctophilia Raven: It is unfortunately Wiccan, but outside of that, it's very effective, has good exercises for the development of understanding and communication and confrontation and eventual communion with and blending with of your shadowself.
eLuceo: @Akelta, yeah they do, we had tea together, 3 of us
Nyctophilia Raven: Certainly.
Akelta: That is awesome eLuceo
Akelta: It can be very educational to pull things from other paths, it can help to expand were one is and reveal things we may miss.
DeadCrow: Someone told me my shadow is weak and powerless. How true can that be?
Akelta: @ deadcrow. there is no need to rush.
eLuceo: and sometimes when someone whom i'm annoyed at very much, my darkness will show me thoughts of what it can do to that person and ask me, "So? would you like that?"
Heidi: I agree with that. I often find true gems hidden in books that are otherwise of a philosophy I could never embrace overall.
Eilana: sounds like they are trying to limit your power
Akelta: The shadow is never weak and powerless, it is an extension of you and it can rise like the phoenix and burn all in it's path, removing and destroying obstacles and protecting you with its great power
Akelta: Peopel who fear the shadow and the darkness do try to control and limit ones power
DeadCrow: The person was getting into a oneman-up ship with her shadow and mine, claiming hers is stronger
Akelta: I have also noticed that people, when they see greatness they either are inspired, or they try to crush it. The dark side does not allow anyone to crush it and it will lash out, sometimes violently
DeadCrow: I found it incredulous
Akelta: @deadcrow, that is silly, our shadows are all different
Akelta: we all have a different balance, this is not a competition this is about being true to yourself.
DeadCrow: Ok that explains a lot of what I was feeling in response.
Heidi: @deadcrow, claiming that your shadow is more powerful than someone else's it sounds like dalse darkness to me, trying to prove your super dark and powerful
eLuceo:"how would you like me to multilate this person? Roasted, slice open, or both? Choose the level of screams you like. Press Y to continue". And i had to stop what I'm doing and listen without judgement and relax my emotions, understanding where the thoughts come from, and respond in a wholesome way.
Akelta: No ones shadow is stronger or better then another, I dont care if you have DDE, Fae darkness, natural darkness, Any darkness, the goal is to find your balance and learn about your darkness. no ones is better then the other
Akelta: @eLuceo, LOL
DeadCrow: Ok.. this is helpful. eLuceo, I get that a lot and it scares me..
DeadCrow: But ok I think it's something I got to really address.
Akelta: @ Heidi, it is a for of false darkness, and also insecurity over ones own darkness. When you understand your darkness you just are, you are you, you don't change and murder people in the night, you actually can become calmer
Akelta: more focused
Akelta: more creative darkness often times there is hurt and pain and trauma from your past you have to walk through
Akelta: this pain and these dark emotions you need to heal
eLuceo: i feel mine could be a multilation demon "type" and would tear anyone to shreds to make sure i'm not in distress. <3 i accepted it and it doesn't feel scary.....more like a long forgotten friend whom i pushed away for the longest time
Nyctophilia Raven: There's still that part of you that hunts. That remembers. That elemental part of you that knows you can split the atom apart piece by screaming piece, and the only thing that holds you back is your own choices. That's what makes you so powerful.. is that you have that choice. You're your own leash.
Nyctophilia Raven: That's what makes you so powerful.. is that you have that choice. You're your own leash. Love holds the beast.
Akelta: The scars though can define you, and they can allow you to rise and step into a beautiful balnced power
Akelta: is in through the fire that you are forged
Heidi: Curiously enough, I haven't met any part of me that is the killing type that would make me uncomfortable. Either they're too repressed or these are the dark parts I haven't had trouble accepting.
Akelta: Really everything is what you make of it. Nothing really means anything
Akelta: we assing meaning and definition
Kei: What if you've already been through hell on earth, as it were, and barely escaped? Already lost everything once before and have slowly rebuilt?
Akelta: we are the creator, we can change the meaning
Kei: Would shadow work be more difficult then, or will it have been something you've "already gone through" before?
4bluefaeries: then why do we even bother,if in the end it's temporary ?
eLuceo: hmmmm....my darkness is looking over my shoulder and is pleased that we are having this chat and i sort of mentioned about her.
Akelta: @Kei, it is different for anyone, You may actually find a worrior woman sleeping who when awakens seizes life by the balls and spins it violently causing everything to fall into place
Nyctophilia Raven: Shadow work is internal, not external.
Eilana: I've been through 'hell on earth'. Shadow work was still hard.
Akelta: Actually Kei one thing, of my social circle the people who have had the shittiest starts,have the most success.
Nyctophilia Raven: I thought I'd been through hell on earth... then I met my shadow. lol
eLuceo: @Akelta wooo i like your description!
Akelta: @eLuceo, that is awesome
Eilana: I had to relive some of it and also confront my deepest fears. It was very unpleasant at times
Kei:
Eilana: Lol Nycto
Kei: That's inspiring. And a bit relieving, if I'm honest. I don't expect anything worthwhile to be easy...just hard to imagine going through all that pain *again*.
eLuceo: "Keep Calm & Grab Life by its Balls" me wants this shirt
Heidi: I've called a part of my shadow in my sanctuary to see what we have to heal and she kicked my ass. And I mean this literally! She came and kicked the hell out of me!
Akelta: I found my pains carried great lessons when I did the shadow working. Looking at them through the eyes of my demon guide I saw how they helped me and how through that darkness awoke in me skills and talents I didnt have before, and a sense of self.
Eilana: rofl eLuceo
Nyctophilia Raven: And once I'd met my shadow... then we crossed five elemental Abysses together, met my Higher Self, crossed a Void, crossed five Elemental Heights, and crossed a second Void. I'd say my Shadow kicks ass.
Akelta: @Kei, I learned to love the challenge. Hard because fun and exciting, the harder the problem the more I engaged. It is all about perception.
Eilana: @Kei, yes, it's definitely worth it
Kei: LOL eLuceo
DeadCrow: This is very encouraging
4bluefaeries: I'm calling it a night,I don't feel very well........will read this if it is posted in the forum> love you guys
Akelta: @ Heidi, wow yeah sometimes meeting the shadow self is literally ass kickingly painful
Akelta: to often we rush into things in this world, patience is something we are losing, the art of waiting and just being still
Akelta: @Heidi, lessons come in all shapes and sizes
Nyctophilia Raven: I did no rushing... it just sort of... happened to fall into my lap. or head. or something.
ThePlutonianOne: " Be still my love" love that quote
4bluefaeries: before I go can someone say hi to Christian for me please,always miss him
Akelta: One thing that can happen when we work with the shadow is the expectation of darkness. everyone darkness is different, it is not something that is universal.
Akelta: Some people when they start they are angry and mistrustful and they tend to go DARK and act in violent brash ways, instead of finding the balance, they lash out and can get lost in the darkness.
Akelta: This is big on a lot of Satanic groups
Akelta: people who feel they need to burn churches or kill animals to prove their darkness.
Nyctophilia Raven: One thing I noticed was that my expectation of my darkness was an egoic reflection of what was really there... and once my ego was gone... what was really there was something completly surprising. I have my egoic darkness - what Akelta calls false darkness... and I have my true shadow... and one is
Akelta: THey often get to a level where they are angry, and vengeful, they lash out at people, hurl curses and can be very mean and nasty.
Heidi: I think this may have to do with feeling powerless.
Nyctophilia Raven: what Akelta calls false darkness... and I have my true shadow... and one is very soft, and very small, and very much a wounded child. And the other is nothing like that.
Akelta: @Nycto yes! that is a good name for false daknress egoic darkness, it works!
eLuceo: to compensate for their ego, i think the more someone has to prove something, the fragile the ego is
Akelta: A lot of people are always shocked to discover what I do, lol I dont live up to most peoples exetations of what one who works with Satan should be.
Akelta: That is a good thing
Akelta: @eLuceo, yes, this is true as well, often times people who are trying to prove they are dark will commit to darker and darker acts, and it only leads them to ruin
eLuceo: Yup! i think that's the reason all of us feel comfortable wit you Akelta and SA and SnS
Akelta: Thank you
Nyctophilia Raven: But... because I merged with both my ego, my shadow, and my higher self... something very interesting happened for me... my egoic shadow became as real as my shadow self. They are all the same. I'm whole. It's all real.
Heidi: I agree
Akelta: That is an interesting point to bring up Nycto. Part of our perfection comes in our flaws. we are not all perfect. in fact, perfect doesn't exist. We just are, and some things that are a part of us might not be desirable traits for others, but that does not make them wrong, as long as we are true to
Akelta: but that does not make them wrong, as long as we are true to ourselves.
eLuceo: those people who wants to prove their darkness gives satan a bad name
Akelta: Especially the ones who kill cats. Satan Hates them
Akelta: with a fiery vengeance
Eilana: why do they kill cats? I never understood that, of all things, why cats?
ThePlutonianOne: yesss
eLuceo: i has a sad when they kill kittehs
eLuceo: why dont they kill rapists and politicians? stupid idiots.
Eilana: LOL
Nyctophilia Raven: Because cats can see through the Walls.
Akelta: Well cats are Satans favorite animal, also there is a taboo that cats are the witches animals which comes from eons past.
ThePlutonianOne: Cats were seen as evil by the churches. and synonoumous with Satan during the dark ages
Nyctophilia Raven: Cats are the one being that can walk through Hells without damage.
Heidi: ALIVE cats are a witch's animals though!
Akelta: I dont know why, I just know I had a very long conversation wih Satan one day about how much he hates people who kill cats
Nyctophilia Raven: I know... I've seen my cats do it. Freaked me the fuck out.
Kei: Has he ever said why they're his favorite?
Akelta: In the past though, they were seen as evil because they were the witch's animal.
DeadCrow joined.
Heidi: cats are great. I can see why he likes them so much
Akelta: so they were seen as evil and that meme kinda carried on
ThePlutonianOne: yeah I can always tell me when my Cats travelled there.
Nyctophilia Raven: Akelta... have you ever been to the hell that is frozen at night, but is a sunny picnic spot during the day, and as the sun goes down, all the souls have to go into towers to be saved from the ice?
Heidi: a very independant animal was seen as evil by he church.... now that's a new one! lol
Akelta: I haven't been there, but Hell is so massive!
Galadraal: yay, found it! :-)(
Nyctophilia Raven: It's a hell but it's a spiritual afterworld.
Akelta: A lot of parts of hell are a spiritual afterworld, it can be a beautiful place
Galadraal: hey Eilana and everyone
MagicWand-a: my cats evil for sure. he manages to persuade every person in this house to feed him. he eats ten times a day
Akelta: though rapists and murderes might not find it so at the hands of the demon who brings them to justice
Akelta: but some places are wonderful!
Heidi: @Nycto, this sounds like a hell version of a desert. Sunny in the day and very cold at night.
Akelta: It sounds lovely actually
eLuceo: lol @wanda
Eilana: I thought so too
Akelta: must go find layer of hell
ThePlutonianOne: my cats the same with those verdamt temptations treaties
Heidi: lol
Akelta: @Wanda, cat have mind control powers
MagicWand-a: mine is a pro at it , we are all under his spell lol
eLuceo: oh that's why i love cats very much....oh wai
Nyctophilia Raven: Anyway... it's a punishmnet place for certain types of humans, and it guarded by humanoids, not demons. But I visited there to learn something... and my familiar, Crow, followed me there, and as the sun was setting I was going into the tower, and Crow wouldn't come in... and I freaked out, and he wa
Nyctophilia Raven: and as the sun was setting I was going into the tower, and Crow wouldn't come in... and I freaked out, and he was fine. Cats don't get hurt in hells. They just... don't.
Kei: My friend's cat didn't need mind control powers. Every time you stopped petting him he'd just reach out and grab your hand like "Nope. Get back here."
DeadCrow: Cats have special passes :p
Eilana: LOL mine does that
Akelta: We started an hour ago
ThePlutonianOne: my Cat likes stalking me.
Galadraal: LOL Kei
Eilana: he also opens the freezer and defrosts all the food -_-;;;
Akelta: So how can we work with our darkness and make it a part of our life.
Heidi: so how can we better work with our darkness?
Heidi: @Nycto, this sounds like a hell version of a desert. Sunny in the day and very cold at night.
Akelta: It sounds lovely actually
Eilana: I thought so too
Akelta: must go find layer of hell
Akelta: So how can we work with our darkness and make it a part of our life.
Heidi: so how can we better work with our darkness?
Akelta: Well our dark sides can be primal, sexual, creative, powerful, protective, vengeful, they can add a lot of qualities to us
Akelta: When our darkness is balanced we can tap into the dark creative channels
Akelta: we can open up our dark sexual centers,
Akelta: we can castand work with dark spells and magick for protection, manifestation, anything.
Nyctophilia Raven: Oooo... that's a great thought right there... working with our shadow chakras.
Heidi: sounds great
Nyctophilia Raven: I tihnk I'll get into that next.
Galadraal: ooh, we have shadow chakras? How do we work with them?
DeadCrow: Oh wwow. Have to find them.
Heidi: @Nycto, cause we don't have enough issues with our chakras already. lol
Akelta: we can also remain calm and not lash out when we are wronged. We can see the whole side of the equation and plan our more, logically without acting irrational
Akelta: wooo dark chakras
Nyctophilia Raven: Once I'm done cleaning out all the gunk and repairing my bodies and chakras, I'll get to work on my shadow chakras and merging them into my system. SQEEEE
Akelta: Nice!
Heidi: sounds great Nycto
Galadraal: awesome, Nycto
Akelta: We do have many layers to us and shadow chakras are a part. we also have the dark sides of our energy and each chakra has a darkness to it.
Akelta: in fact every cell in us has both darkness and light in our individual balance.
Galadraal: cool
DeadCrow: Is it a darker coloured one behind the regular one?
Akelta: When we are in alignment with that balance, we can access so much
Akelta: our darkness becomes them a tool for empowerment and getting what we want, instead of something that is feared and can control our emotions.
Akelta: We work with the darkness, instead of being controlled by it and living in fear of the shadow within.
4bluefaeries left.
Nyctophilia Raven: Crow... when you merge with your shadow, you access your shadow energy, and your shadow energetic system. Then you work on that energetic plane and level. You access the chakras and layers and bodies from that level.
Galadraal: LOL my brains are in competition quite often
Akelta: That is interesting, when the dark and the light are not unified they can fight
Kei: My brain's been asking that question for a while now. :P
Akelta: and try to attain dominance, and sabatage each others efforts, you make the best and the worst enemy
DeadCrow joined.
MagicWand-a: lol kei, im with you there
Galadraal: YES! to the sabotage
Nyctophilia Raven: Which is why you see CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO WILL REMAIN NAMELESS who tend to be UBER into white arts and freak out the moment they see anything grey arts or even HINTING at the possibility of being darker than white.
Akelta: Really the first step to darkness is admitting you have darkness and being ok with that. You can also invite you dark self to join you, to heal together and begin to mend your relationship. Our darkness is not your enemy, it is a great friend.
Akelta: Denying the darkness actually makes it powerful and violent, and can cause much havok, it manifests differently in people depending on the balance of their energies but it desires to be heard.
Galadraal: Yes, Akelta :-) You have helped me discover that :-)
Akelta:
Nyctophilia Raven: And then there are people who sway the totally opposite direction and go crazy the other way... which is just as bad.
Akelta: Yes, they throw themselves into darkness and become destructive and nasty, violent and unhinged harming and lashing out at all those around them
Akelta: unbalanced darkness, which is what I am trying so hard to change on these dark paths.
Eilana: you're succeeding
Kei: Hmm. Can it manifest as a self-directed hatred so deep a "sensitive" person said it's practically a sentient being all its own? Or is that a result of trying to bury it?
Akelta: Thank you That makes me happy to hear
Nyctophilia Raven: Which is a fantastic thing, I gotta say. SO tired of seeing so many unbalanced people on BOTH sides of the paths. SMDH. lol
Nyctophilia Raven: Kei... yeah, it can.
Akelta: @Kei, yes it most definitly can! it can speak to you and whisper poison in your ear and work slowly at destroying who you are.
Kei: Well that's disturbing. :P

Nyctophilia Raven: Kei... yeah, it can.
Akelta: @Kei, yes it most definitly can! it can speak to you and whisper poison in your ear and work slowly at destroying who you are.
Kei: Well that's disturbing. :P
eLuceo: "Hi I'm xxxxxx, I am an alcoholic." so we need DA Darkness Annoymous support group
Nyctophilia Raven: Oh I just want to scream her name right now. Gah. lol
Akelta: @Nycto, me to, it should not be about who is lighter and who is darker and which path is right or wrong, but finding our individual balance and being true to the path that calls to us.
Nyctophilia Raven: And a WA one. lol
Heidi: rofl Nycto!
eLuceo: "Hi I'm xxxx I have imbalance darkness."
Akelta: @eLuceo, LOL!!
Galadraal: LOL eLUc
Kei: LOL
DeadCrow left.
Akelta: I try to help people on both sides. Those who are light to learn about their darkn and those who are to dark to accept their light.
Eilana: that's lovely
Galadraal: I agree, Akelta, I don't think there is "right" or "wrong" but a path we chose and WE DECIDE if it is right or wrong
Kei: Interesting, though. I've actually felt a lot more settled these past several months. The same "sensitive" person I spoke with commented offhand that my lighter side was strengthening again--but I feel like it was more a reconciliation.
Akelta: That is exactly it, right and wrong are subjective, it is about you and what calls to you
Nyctophilia Raven: Akelta... I completely agree... individual balance and true pathworking is vital, and I, too, try to help people on ANY side. It's the only way to be afaics.
Heidi: It's pretty weird how some of the most hard core WA people are the ones who cast spells or ask for spells that rob others' free will 100% and they don't see them as BA spells because they're not spells directed to do harm. As if making someone happy all the time for example against his will is WA
eLuceo: i think the WA ppl see what they want to see, same goes to the imbalance DA ppl

eLuceo: "Hi I'm xxxxxx, I am an alcoholic." so we need DA Darkness Annoymous support group
Nyctophilia Raven: Oh I just want to scream her name right now. Gah. lol
Akelta: @Nycto, me to, it should not be about who is lighter and who is darker and which path is right or wrong, but finding our individual balance and being true to the path that calls to us.
Nyctophilia Raven: And a WA one. lol
Heidi: rofl Nycto!
eLuceo: "Hi I'm xxxx I have imbalance darkness."
Akelta: @eLuceo, LOL!!
Akelta: Things are never linear on the energetic level, but that is what makes them awesome, it is like looking at the general relativity image of the universe vs the Quantum Theory image of the universe, lol
Nyctophilia Raven: ^^THAT
Akelta: one the brain is like, that makes sense, the other the brain is like WHAT IS GOING ON!!
Eilana: LOL
Akelta: This is true Heidi, noting is linear
Akelta: I actually was just talking about that the other day with someone, one of my social studies teachers, who was a GREAT guy, got busted for child porn
Kei: True WA and True BA being two sides of the same coin...never really considered it that way. Go far enough in the opposite direction and you come back to the beginning...
Akelta: we were all like
eLuceo: @Heidi reminds of the meme of the 9 image of Lawful, Neutral and Chaotic where they feature the heros/villians from movies.
ThePlutonianOne: wow...
Kei: Oh geez.
Akelta: He never hit on a student, but when he got busted no one saw that coming.
Akelta: He was one of the teachers we all liked
Heidi: The alchemist in me feels the need to say there are not opposites, only one thing with two poles. So good and evil or WA and BA are just different polarities. Not different things.
ThePlutonianOne: I am True Neutral.

Heidi: eLuceo I haven't seen that

ThePlutonianOne: balders gate style

eLuceo: one mo lemme search

Heidi: well I guess you now know his dark side

Akelta: Yeah we found it out, lol

eLuceo:http://www.vangviet.com/wp-content/uplo ... haotic.jpg
Heidi: hahaha, that's actually pretty great

Akelta: I wanted to keep this chat a bit shorter, only an hour and a half over two hours. 

Nyctophilia Raven: I am Neutral only in that I encompass all poles. I could not eat the black were I not capapble of being that blackness. I could not transmute it into the light were I not capapble of such light. I maintain a balance only by being both and neither at the same time. I am neutral yet not. 

Akelta: Does anyone have any questions on darkness?

ThePlutonianOne: thnx for the link love it

Galadraal: I missed it all so I hope ther is a transcript like the others 

eLuceo: Cheers! try google "lawful chaotic" and more images will come out

Heidi: I seem to have some things preprogrammed in my brain so I can't truly become neutral. This is the first thing that got me to suspect I might have something angelic in me. Some things just...are. No room for discussion about them. And this doesn't get in the way either.

message to Luna - you've spoiled us terribly! we missed you!! :devilbow: roflmao
fire083
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Thank you, makes me rethink some of the interactions I've had with myself a little.
All my freestyle dancing is basically magic.
To be the left hand of a god.
darkstarfyre

Lol like this cat got lots of false darkness(kidding) since they like to play with their prey before eating them :Ddevil:
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

As requested: "There is a book I'd like to recommend for anyone who's interested in working with their shadow. It's Dark Moon Mysteries by Timothy Roderick

It is unfortunately Wiccan, but outside of that, it's very effective, has good exercises for the development of understanding and communication and confrontation and eventual communion with and blending with of your shadowself."
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Satan and Sons Downloads and Resources”