The Set animal

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Ymirson
Patron Deities: Sutehk
Your favourite Demon?: DC L'
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Last night I dreamed of a gathering at a hotel with open grounds. There were a lot of people I knew arriving. I had come early. So there were festivities going on meetups and what have you. At some point I ventured off to explore some of the sights of the gathering on my own away from groups. At one point I dove into this large pool and made my way to dinner party which was outside. Now, before the dinner party was the black iron fence with an animal inside. As people went to dinner they could meet the animal like a petting zoo.

I went in the black iron fence and a few people were there along with the keeper. Then I saw him, the Set animal. I was in awe to be in the presence of such a powerful animal. It radiated from him. He was on all fours and his body was about waist high, like a large wolf, but very muscular like a pit bull. His stature could definitely take a lion. He walked gracefully on the grass and it was like he dismissed his keeper. They left along with any patrons leaving myself and him in the fence. He gazed at me unflinching. It was very intimidating. His bifurcated tail whipped in the air and then he charged me, dead on. I ran for protection behind the fence.

I was excited in having such a dream, yet disappointed in myself in not being lucid and running in fear as he charged me. A natural reaction as I think if it were a lion or other large predator we would definitely stand down. The look he gave me, was similar to when you see a tiger or large cat at the zoo, once you fix their gaze, they project to sense, if these bars were not there, you would be devoured.

I am not sure what to take from this, other than I need to pay some attention to my patron, and delve deeper in facing my inherit fears. But thought I would share.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Y:

I often have similar types of dreams but I equate them with the dogman/werewolf and not Set, although now I can see how they can be similar. I have the same dream several times per year, or at least it used to be the same setting and same animal, but this last time it was a totally different setting and same animal.

Okay now I have to find that topic, I could have sworn I wrote about it but now I can't find it. Stay tuned on that.

While I do that, I feel the dream may be about you having to face something, something you are ignoring.

DD
Ymirson

DD, wow, thanks for your reply. Yes it was clearly the Set animal down to the long erect brush like ears squared off. He was black and short haired, You could see his protruding veins as well. He was clean. Interesting you mention my ignoring things, I do that quite often and go into hiding this time of year. Opting out of all family or friend events. Maybe that is it.
DoubleD

@Y

It turns out I never actually posted that particular dream here, which is odd but I did share it with a close friend so I have it in writing. I also put it in my journal.

When I get into work today I will copy it and share,

Is the hiding this time of year part of a process for you? Meaning something you do for growth or is it that you don't like the Holidays? Just curious, I don't think it makes one bit of difference to the dream.
Ymirson

Good question, I am not sure. When I was in the Army I always found a way not to go home. Then when I went back in the reserves I would jump on deployments trying to get away. I think I was always running away from stuff. Now I just hide, haha...probably out of habit. You may have shed some light on something I had not been aware of. Thank you Ms. DD.

Yes, please share the dream if you want, I really enjoy my dreamworks.
DoubleD

@Yim,

It's a common response for all of us my friend. I tend to hit things head on when they are external, bring it on I say. I love to fight (like actual MMA fighting) I like to debate etc. I am just generally very aggressive but when it comes to dealing with my own shit, yeah good luck there. I am trying though and I, like you, am experiencing some profound signs that I better start doing it or I am going to be forced to do it. Personally I would rather see a dogman in my dreams, not in real life.

Okay so my dream.

I will keep it short.

It was a very lucid dream, not a normal dream state at all and very very real. I have had the same recurring dream since I was a kid, I am being chased by one, sometimes two werewolves through the woods and hiding behind logs and such to stay out of site. in the dream i don't feel like I accidentally came on to them or that they intentionally sought me out, what I think I am doing is looking for them as if they are my clan. but I am not their clan, at least in their eyes so they chase me out. Now being chased by them scares the crap out of me for sure.

So this dream was totally different, I was with a friend in this strange river surrounded by really high rock walls with houses built into them and on top. The water and ground was very marshy, and movement was slowed but we were going through stuff together. Not sure where we were headed but somewhere. I noticed we were being followed, and at first I just thought it was bigfoot so we kept on moving, then I realized that it had a dogs head and two very pointy ears on top of it's head, I noticed this from the distance. I told my friend and we started walking faster and decided to climb this tiny mound of dirt/rock. I think in my silly mind that mound would save us. My friend was on top looking down and I was on the other side, about half up when I saw the creatures ears just over the rock moving towards me. I froze, and looked at the rock. It moved right in front of me, i could feel it, smell it and sense it. I didn't have immense fear but was pretty friggin stressed. I asked my friend what's it doing and she said "looking at you".

So this is just the short of it and there were more segments to this dream with similar messaging in them. How I take this is two possible ways..

1: This creature is me, it's a part of me i must be able to look directly at and face. It's a fear that is needless. Maybe my darker side, but I actually have no issues with my darker side so I don't think that's totally it.
2: This creature represents something I have been before, a member of the clan and it was seeking me out. And to look at it, and learn that it means me no harm would help me grow to my next level of potential.

I haven't had another dream of this creature since then, this was about 4 months ago but man I sure remember it like it was yesterday.
Ymirson

Wow, I would see this as possibly both, being apart of your shadow self and a calling from a pack so to speak. One way you could explore this is. A few years ago I was really into the shamanistic aspects of lycanthropy. I sort of developed rites taking me deeper each time. The first model was an Anpu model. I worked with Anpu, which you have experience with him as well, to have him show you his jackal side. Take his form, run with him, feel the sands of the Valley of the Kings under your paws. Next with a Cerebus model. I little more wild but still restrained, dutiful, and bound to a gate to gaurd or watch. Then the 3rd model, Fenris, unbound and frenzy. Yes we know how Tyr gave his hand. A mere morsel yet not enough to sate his appetite. He knew the chain was coming and let it, but he holds a secret and it is good to release once in awhile. When I did Fenris, I literally stripped and ran unrestrained in my back yard. It was pretty empowering.

Not saying to do this, but it may be an avenue to explore and get in touch with that inner shadow fire that burns inside. There are a lot of resources out on it as well. I would so run with your pack and see what you can learn.

Another cool anecdote, I had this lucid dream when I was practicing this, I was in a DMV and on one side it had lines and people waiting, frustrated as they are. I became lucid and told someone "watch this". I ran to an empty part of the building, transformed into a towering werewolf, and then ran back in the room full of people, growling and slathering, they ran, fell, and hurried to clear the room. Haha, it was cool. Anyway, let me know where this takes you.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”