Piano Improv

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Saber
Your favourite Demon?: Tezrian
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I just improvised this and I thought I would share. I felt like parts were a bit doll like and wondered if it was inspired by the Carnivale.
My improvisations tend to be quite dark and for once I think I might be kinda pleased with this one though it is far from perfect.

https://soundcloud.com/mollypreston/improv6-9-18-mix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you enjoy!
Saber

Here is a second one: more doll like and very brief. Under 2 minutes.
https://soundcloud.com/mollypreston/improv6-12-18-mix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

I saw this but couldn't get the page to load for some reason. I'll try again later as I'd love to hear what you've created .
"Good morning. I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

I enjoyed the first playing very much! Will listen to the second one later :)devil:
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

Very nice, I am feeling it. Thank you for sharing with us.
My piano improvisations always veer into rather dark places as well (but who is surprised? lol).
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Saber

Noctifera wrote:Very nice, I am feeling it. Thank you for sharing with us.
My piano improvisations always veer into rather dark places as well (but who is surprised? lol).

Please share!!
Noctua

If I remember to capture a recording then I surely will. I wander off to play when the mood strikes and don't always consider immortalizing what I've tapped into.
I would love to hear more of your own melodies!
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Saber

Noctifera wrote:If I remember to capture a recording then I surely will. I wander off to play when the mood strikes and don't always consider immortalizing what I've tapped into.
I would love to hear more of your own melodies!

It took me a while to get used to recording improvisations. I can improvise every day, but feel like that would just be too much music. You could keep a recorder next to the piano like a zoom h1. Turn down the mic a lot though when you use it. But if you have a large SD card in it will take a long time to load. Just a heads up if you decide to do it that way. You can totally send them privately too if you don't want to publicly display them. Depending on what you do I could take your melodies and improvise around them a bit for practice. I'm really not a pianist, I'm a composer. So the improvising is fun and really about my self-expression.

Here is the main link for my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mollypreston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I posted one yesterday that I did. I also did an opera for Halloween last year. It was a one act. I didn't post this music because i don't have rights to the performance and recordings of it and thus cannot distribute it. Currently I wrote a couple chants for Tezrian that I would love to post but I am having problems with my microphone. It will be three different melodies with improvising in between each melody. But I also need to ask the person who wrote the chant for permission.

In conclusion I hope sometime next week I'll be able to post that!
Titania
Your favourite Demon?: All
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

Saber wrote:I just improvised this and I thought I would share. I felt like parts were a bit doll like and wondered if it was inspired by the Carnivale.
My improvisations tend to be quite dark and for once I think I might be kinda pleased with this one though it is far from perfect.

https://soundcloud.com/mollypreston/improv6-9-18-mix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you enjoy!
I love the sound of this one! It sounds like a story being told and I did notice the darkness in it, also amazing!
At first, I thought that it reminded me of an upcoming war but the slower parts then made me think of this piece as an upcoming revolution where groups are planning an attack and keeping things low before the final strike... something like that :tentbiggrin:

I did notice some parts being more Carnivale-like which I loooove! You did an amazing job!
Now I feel like going back to my piano :,(
Oflight Lokebrenna

The carnival, after hours. When dream and mystery are your fetish come to life.

At least, these are my thoughts listening to the first piece.
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”