Primal Craft And Mark Alan Smith

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Yes everyone I started a new thread. I felt it completely worthy of it's own review and write up given the nature of my evolving relationship with Mark.

I received my Scorpion God Tome last Thursday and waited until I got home to open it. I could barely contain my excitement but I rode my motorcycle to work and I wanted it kept in it's amazing packaging.

First I need to give a shout out to Mark, Mark has taken a lot of his personal time to connect with me about my workings, what I am interested in and how I might incorporate his work into what I do. Mark is an extremely knowledgeable, kind and forthcoming man who is more than willing to ensure people know what they are getting into and doing. It's extremely obvious that he is fully committed to what he does and to Hecate and I find that so refreshing. He isn't a fly by the night magician looking for attention and going any which way the wind blows, in reading his works and speaking with him, it's very obvious why he was chosen to do this.

When I got home I unwrapped the book like a 5 year old at Christmas, Joanne was with me and was excited for me, albeit not understanding anything I really do but she tries and is supportive. The book was amazing, I mean amazing. It is everything he promised, it's beautifully bound, the paper is incredible, it's bound in silk and he writes personal notes to each purchaser. It's these little details that make a true believer of me. As Magic stated in my earlier note he will also give you the shortened pdf's of the out of print books. These PDF's will get you started and will provide you all you need to then work the Scorpion God tome.

Mark's writing is also top notch, it's very obvious that great care was taken in proofing and putting this together.

I just can't say enough good, it's similar to Akelta, I just can't say enough good things.

So without further ado I wanted to share all of the links to his items, he has a few Scorpion God tomes left but they are selling quick and once gone that's it.

Great Youtube Videos of Mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... a4ETtAgn64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... dq5OsP2Uuo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I love the woman interviewing, very classy and sharp)

Mark's Google+ page
https://plus.google.com/111412633065399966877/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

Awesome review! Thank you for posting!

It is really cool how we are all guided to individual paths and I love it when people actually explore and go to the depth of their path and uncover and discover gems along the way. You can really tell that he pours himself into his work and takes great care and attention to detail in what he writes and puts out there. When a person fully embraces their path you can tell, and he really brings to his work that passion and understanding of the path he walks. I have enjoyed his books as well :devilgrin:
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
DoubleD

I totally agree, I look forward to starting his system. He is also just super nice and helpful, I told him that right now I was committed to finishing the Necronomicon gates and once I was done there would start looking at his system. At least until the toad right, I have read all the other books he sent in PDF format but I am certainly not killing a frog or any other living creature.

Or maybe my deities will not want me to perform the system due to some cosmic conflict, not sure on this yet and honestly this is where I need he most help. I am not fully able to grasp if they tell me know or yes etc. and I want to be super respectful...
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

DoubleD wrote:I totally agree, I look forward to starting his system. He is also just super nice and helpful, I told him that right now I was committed to finishing the Necronomicon gates and once I was done there would start looking at his system. At least until the toad right, I have read all the other books he sent in PDF format but I am certainly not killing a frog or any other living creature.

Or maybe my deities will not want me to perform the system due to some cosmic conflict, not sure on this yet and honestly this is where I need he most help. I am not fully able to grasp if they tell me know or yes etc. and I want to be super respectful...
My Mentor had an interesting take on rites that required animals. He was the same as me in that he would never ever sacrifice an animal. He did the toad rite, but he said he knew the timing was right when he woke up and found a toad had died on his patio. He opened the door and it was laying there, perfect but dead, he said he saw it there and he knew it had offered itself to his working, and he was honoured and immediately began preparation for the Rite. He said never in his practise had he ever harmed, injured or killed an animal and he never would, he said though that when the timing was right, sometimes they would be presented to you in ways that required no killing and no deviation from ones personal belief system. He taught me that that was the most important thing of all, stay in line with your core and what resonates with you, he says that is one way to stay balanced.
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
DoubleD

Akelta, that is an amazing story and way to look at it. I guess i got hung up on the importance of the act itself in working with Heketa but that is so logical.. I guess that could happen with me if I get to that point. At least I have about a years worth of stuff to get through before I get to that point.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Akelta wrote:
DoubleD wrote:I totally agree, I look forward to starting his system. He is also just super nice and helpful, I told him that right now I was committed to finishing the Necronomicon gates and once I was done there would start looking at his system. At least until the toad right, I have read all the other books he sent in PDF format but I am certainly not killing a frog or any other living creature.

My Mentor had an interesting take on rites that required animals. He was the same as me in that he would never ever sacrifice an animal. He did the toad rite, but he said he knew the timing was right when he woke up and found a toad had died on his patio. He opened the door and it was laying there, perfect but dead, he said he saw it there and he knew it had offered itself to his working, and he was honoured and immediately began preparation for the Rite. He said never in his practise had he ever harmed, injured or killed an animal and he never would, he said though that when the timing was right, sometimes they would be presented to you in ways that required no killing and no deviation from ones personal belief system. He taught me that that was the most important thing of all, stay in line with your core and what resonates with you, he says that is one way to stay balanced.
I totally agree with this line of thinking. Im also going to be doing the toad rite when everything is in alignment. I have the ant hill, i have the blackthorne.. i have the cemetery, i have the stream.. i just need the toad, but no way am i killing anything. Someone suggested buying a toad skeleton on ebay lol... somehow i think that defeats the purpose of the rite ...
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”