The Book of Were-Wolves

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
User1444
Patron Deities: Satan, Baphomet, Agni, 1 Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Satan, Lucifer, Lilith, Baphomet, Agni, Paimon, Hekate, Santa Muerte, Qayin ben Samael, 1 Secret

For all of you who are into ware-wolves and into this subject, I can recommend you the very first serious book that was released about this subject.

Sabine Baring-Gould "The Book of Were-Wolves".

Go, check it out.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Yes Thank you . I love Werewolf Movies and Books always have One of my Companions is a Female Werewolf She Rocks ' I Will be Ordering this Book Of Were Wolves thanks again :angrydevil: :devilbanana:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

It is a very old book, on various Werewolf sightings throughout history. It has information on the trials of such beings brought forth by the same folks who were into killing people during the Inquisition. Some of these people were just mentally ill. I did not consider this a good read. It has nothing about Werewolf magick or spirit. A lot of the creatures mentioned had 'pacts with Satan', or other such ridiculous stuff. I think the Werewolf is even more hated than the Vampyre, and certainly more secretive! There is not ONE, not even ONE good book on the subject. I have researched it thoroughly. I do not consider books or information on the so-called therianism worth the bother! I am NOT a mental illness, and my magick is real!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

SH, Agreed. The best books out there now are the ones authored by Linda Godfrey, who is the local authority on the dogman, werewolves and such. Modern sightings, modern theories and great story telling.
User1444
Patron Deities: Satan, Baphomet, Agni, 1 Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Satan, Lucifer, Lilith, Baphomet, Agni, Paimon, Hekate, Santa Muerte, Qayin ben Samael, 1 Secret

How about book of Konstantinos "Werewolves: The Occult Truth"?
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

DoubleD wrote:SH, Agreed. The best books out there now are the ones authored by Linda Godfrey, who is the local authority on the dogman, werewolves and such. Modern sightings, modern theories and great story telling.
Although I do not like the modern sightings type books, this sounds like it is worth a read! TY! The reason I don't like sightings books and modern scientific studies on such things is because of the plethora of UFO sightings books. If you are still into UFO sightings, and 'Oh look! Is that a spaceship?' kind of crap, then you obviously have not met any aliens and have NO IDEA. Same with Bigfoot, WereWolves, and Vampyres!
Sataniel wrote:How about book of Konstantinos "Werewolves: The Occult Truth"?
Konstantinos' books are always a delight....how did I miss this? I will look it up. TY.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

@SH

While I agree with your points, I will say that there are actually some good books out there, the fact is no one knows what these things are, if they are corporeal or spiritual in nature, alien or inter-dimensional. They are similar to bigfoot and fall into the cryptid category. Linda has been studying these sightings her whole career and has compiled a fantastic set of sightings and theories. She was on the Monsterquest episode about werewolves, which was really good.

I don't put the corporeal ones in the same category as spiritual. Another interesting theory put out by Rosemary is that these could be djinn, or djinn mimicking the physical creatures to scare the shit out of people. I also don't believe that people can actually physically transform into a wolfman, emphasis on physically.

As I dive into my dissertation on this cryptid I am sure I will go down many rabbit holes along the way but I am excited to see where it takes me.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

I Looked at this book last night at amazing its a Very interesting Book to Me its One that ' I am thinking Long about Ordering because its on Sale Right Now witch makes it a Good Find its On My Book list that if its Not Ordered Right Now ' It Will be thanks again for Sharing Your Thoughts on it :cloud:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Marosey

Thanks

I will check this out.. its great to know more about werewolves.

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”