Book recommendations on ritual possession / horsing

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Oflight Lokebrenna
Patron Deities: Loki

Thank you all for your contribution, and I personally have nothing wrong with 'off topic' on my thread, as even if what is being said may not be exactly what I was looking for, it is still helpful and useful information and opinions being added.

Dance and yoga have both been used in my practice; these are excellent ways to raise and direct energy, to relax mind and body while also helping focus.

I've also had interesting experiences with alcohol involved. Buuuuttttt I think it may be better to do this sort of thing while sober. I mean, for obvious reasons... like, don't drink and drive, don't drink and be possessed... Can I get a bumper sticker of that?

As for Kaldera... I noticed long ago that Lokeans are held to a completely different standard than what Asatru practitioners are. An Asatru is problematic, no one cares. A Lokean says "Hi" and oh shit watch out folks. The scrutiny is just ridiculous at this point.
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

laalbieglna wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:12 pm
Lokakisa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:59 am
Raven Kaldera is known for making up stuff with no historical basis, and he doesn’t clearly define his UPG. I wouldn’t trust anything he says on Loki.
Every one of his Northern Tradition Shamanism books that I have begins with 10 to 20 pages of introduction where he makes it crystal clear that his work is spirit-taught and based on personal contact and gnosis, not historical research. Also, every story in the Jotunbok that is channeled begins with "as told to...". Seems defined to me.
Good, good. I was going by what I saw on his website (which I can’t remember if it has that caveat or not), and comments made by others, which I can’t remember where atm ... maybe it was the reviews for his books that turned me off from buying.
I suppose I have a personal bias of “facts first, religion second” and knowing how many young and impressionable people will gobble anything up like it’s gospel. Which swings around to what Oflight was saying about how some modern heathens have twisted things for their nazi crap.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Shifa

Oflight Lokebrenna wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:08 pm
Thank you all for your contribution, and I personally have nothing wrong with 'off topic' on my thread, as even if what is being said may not be exactly what I was looking for, it is still helpful and useful information and opinions being added.

Dance and yoga have both been used in my practice; these are excellent ways to raise and direct energy, to relax mind and body while also helping focus.

I've also had interesting experiences with alcohol involved. Buuuuttttt I think it may be better to do this sort of thing while sober. I mean, for obvious reasons... like, don't drink and drive, don't drink and be possessed... Can I get a bumper sticker of that?

As for Kaldera... I noticed long ago that Lokeans are held to a completely different standard than what Asatru practitioners are. An Asatru is problematic, no one cares. A Lokean says "Hi" and oh shit watch out folks. The scrutiny is just ridiculous at this point.
You follow the villain!
You worship an actor!
You’re just a god wife!
You’re an asshole for asshole’s sake!
OMG don’t say his name! It’s like Beetlejuice!

:nener:
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Lokakisa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:06 am
I have a small doumbek that I keep meaning to practice with to see if it would help with trance.
I also have an urge to get a pan flute and a Greek harp but can’t seem to find ones at a good price.
A wonderful thing about drumming is that it does not require expensive instruments. You can make a very inexpensive drum for the sake of practice that, if you pick the right materials, will sound great. At it's most basic, a drum is a hollow cylinder with a "head" a striking surface, at one, or both ends of the cylinder. The cylinder itself may also be struck, but drums like that are usually special-made for that purpose. the "openings" instead of the open ends of a cylinder, will be a slit opening along the entire length of the drum body, with the ends closed. The cylinder can be made from many different materials, depending mainly on the "sound" the builder hopes to achieve. "Modern" drum kits used by rock bands and such are usually fiberglass with synthetic heads. This is much more than an aesthetic consideration, these kits are designed to absorb a LOT of abuse and keep sounding good as new.

When I was a kid I made drums out of coffee cans with some sort of semi-rigid plastic for the head. The biggest problem I had was finding a way to keep the head taunt. If you can't keep the head taunt, you don't have a drum. One uh..."solution" I came up with was to use the plastic lid, glued to the can with Elmers glue. Did it work? Not really. The solution was, turn the can over and strike the bottom of the can with a rubber mallet. :headbang: Keith Moon I was not, but as long as my parents kept drinking coffee, I had the raw materials for a drum. :headbang:
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Shifa

Ha nice.
The little doumbek is a type of drum so I don’t really need to make one...

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”