30 days of spirit work

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

One of S. Connolly’s works.
Is it worth getting or would any journal do? It’s $10 on Amazon.
I thought about getting this or something like it to do a committed practice with Loki.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Oflight Lokebrenna
Patron Deities: Loki

I had to look up the listing myself and the description didn't impress me much. Reading reviews just clarified that this is just a journal with about 30 pages in it.

Someone even said they used their copy as fire kindling... Hm, think that's a bit drastic and a waste on their end.

Anyways, for $10, you can easily get 8 100-page notebooks from any dollar store.
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!
Shifa

True. And yeah I saw that review.
I guess I thought by the title alone it would keep me motivated, ya know?
I think a lack of consistency is part of my problem.
Oflight Lokebrenna
Patron Deities: Loki

I completely understand. There seems to be a uh... Trend? In the metal community that materialistic possessions have more emphasis on personal practice than what's really necessary.

In example. This notebook. Don't get me wrong, I like this author, but this notebook is a bit impractical for those on a budget or like. There is a huge market in the meta world for "specially designed" items for a specific task when these items are really not that unique or special, and can be easily supplemented for a lesser cost but still have equal benefits. This is a 30 page notebook for $10. What makes it special? The publisher? The laminated cover with simple but nice design?

Versus....

A notebook from the dollar store, which only cost $1, not including tax, which will have 100 pages, which allows more room for detailing work and editing errors, plus you have a variety of covers to choose from, on top of you still have around $9 left that you can also use to buy pens, pencils, markers, a folder, binder, paper protectors, and maybe a candy bar because we all deserve candy.

I know I'm a sucker for material objects (I love rocks, okay. Give me ALL the gemstones, crystals, and mineral specimens!) . But ultimately, material possessions can only contribute to your personal practice as much as you can utilize it. You can utilize a $1 notebook just as well as a $10 notebook.

As someone on a budget, I try to find ways to not break the bank.
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!
Shifa

Hahaha and candy for Loki!
Oh yes I agree, I guess I thought staring at the cover everyday would get me doing something.

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”