Book suggestions for shielding,grounding,and warding

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Does anyone have suggestions of books pertaining to shielding,grounding,and warding? Anything from intro to advanced, i find this is an area i dont have much reference materials for.
Or would anyone know of any books discussing black flame meditations? Just out of curiosity. I finally have dedicated time to read a little bit every day. Ive decided to dedicate more time to myself and focus more on my own growth for a little while and find out who I really am.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Gauche

Ive read every pdf i have found on here and also most forum posts.. i was looking for something more in depth or different ideas,im hungry to learn as much as i can
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Usually shielding and grounding are basic concepts, so it will be hard to find books about it.
Warding is a different matter and there's not much talk about it usually, you'll have to find magical systems and books about magical practice to find information about that.

If you want books for protection, psychic self defense by dion fortune and practical psychic self defense by robert bruce are two that come to my mind.
They cover a bit more than just shielding.

There are many different ways to ground and the simplest is just having roots grow out of you into whatever you want to ground into. And you can't just ground into earth, you can ground into anything you want, basically.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Gauche

Aprophis wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:45 pm
Usually shielding and grounding are basic concepts, so it will be hard to find books about it.
Warding is a different matter and there's not much talk about it usually, you'll have to find magical systems and books about magical practice to find information about that.

If you want books for protection, psychic self defense by dion fortune and practical psychic self defense by robert bruce are two that come to my mind.
They cover a bit more than just shielding.

There are many different ways to ground and the simplest is just having roots grow out of you into whatever you want to ground into. And you can't just ground into earth, you can ground into anything you want, basically.
I have actually been eyeing the one by robert bruce,and another from the perspective of an exorcist. Yeah..that is what i am seeing is that there isnt much public literature.
I have been been drawing my companion's sigil during experimenal energy working and have been experimenting with doing that during warding and sheilding myself and my space..and for grounding i have been toying with doing it through my senses and not just the earth..like if im using the earth,i will ground my feeling as the earth would feel,seeing as how the earth would see,hearing the sounds ect..the same with any other element. It just seems like this is something that is considered so basic not much is ever said,yet,the unserstamding of it can be so deep its almost like no one carea to share anything beyond the basics lol i definitely will look into both of those books, so thanks for those :)

Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Gauche wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 pm
and for grounding i have been toying with doing it through my senses and not just the earth..like if im using the earth,i will ground my feeling as the earth would feel,seeing as how the earth would see,hearing the sounds ect..the same with any other element.
This sounds more like invocation to me, you invoke those particular elements into yourself.
Imho that's a different practice. If you do it with earth, it make you naturally more grounded since earth itself is grounding. Other elements might have different effects.

Grounding is about getting rid of energies you don't want in you or excess energies, the way you're doing it you're actually pulling the elemental energies inside yourself and attuning yourself to them.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Gauche

Aprophis wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:12 pm
Gauche wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 pm
and for grounding i have been toying with doing it through my senses and not just the earth..like if im using the earth,i will ground my feeling as the earth would feel,seeing as how the earth would see,hearing the sounds ect..the same with any other element.
This sounds more like invocation to me, you invoke those particular elements into yourself.
Imho that's a different practice. If you do it with earth, it make you naturally more grounded since earth itself is grounding. Other elements might have different effects.

Grounding is about getting rid of energies you don't want in you or excess energies, the way you're doing it you're actually pulling the elemental energies inside yourself and attuning yourself to them.
Youre probably right,honestly ive never thought of it like that before ive always seen grounding kind of like centering,like taking a walk in the beach shores. Which now that you mention it is probably the exact same thing because its letting out stress and negativity.most people when they think grounding think of it like a mental excercise..and i mean it can be,i just have a hard time doing that. I even have a hard time sitting for meditation and often have to use moving meditations. Here i am invoking elements and not realizing it 😂

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”