Demons for beginners

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Mizu-Taki wrote:Hello, I am new to S&S and I am curious about what demons are good for beginners. Seeing as how I have never interacted with a demon or talked to one, i figured it would be a good idea to ask. Thanks!
Mizu - what exactly are you looking for in a companion? What are your plans for your future when it comes to working with, and living with, demons and demonic companions? Why are you drawn to them? Is it just curiosity, or are you looking for a spiritual path? If you're exploring a spiritual path, are you exploring Thelema, the goetia, and other forms of ceremonial magicks, or are you looking at Satanism, Theistic Satanism, Demonolatry, Luciferianism, or another specific religious/non-religious path?

When you can answer these questions for yourself, you will know more about whether a demon companion is right for you, and if so, which one.

This forum was built on the idea that education is the fulcrum around which working with demons revolves. It's important that you educate yourself not just on the types of conjures available through the S&S store, but also that you gain a working knowledge of demons themselves. Working with demons takes a level of dedication that... seems to be missing in most spirit keeping practices. If you're willing to push yourself, if you're wanting to stretch and grow, even if it's not always comfortable or pleasant, then demon keeping is definitely for you.

If you're just looking for quick fixes to everyday problems - a demon can help with that, sure... but they probably won't if you're not going to give them your own effort in turn.

Please understand, I'm not saying this to accuse you, or judge you. I have said this to just about every new demon keeper at one time or another, because I think it's important for people to take their time to really think about where they want to be in a year, in five years, in ten years, in fifty years, when they're thinking of working with any kind of entity - not just demons, but also angels, gods/immortals, the Sidhe, etc. because the entities that can be summoned and conjured are used to working with magicians. They've had contact with humans practicing magick for thousands of years (I'm not joking - it goes all the way back to Babylonian and beyond times), and they're used to being educators and counselors, and they expect when they are being worked with that you will be invested in discovering more about the underlying movements of the universe and the powers that rule our souls and our everyday lives. They expect that when someone comes to them, that person is seeking to evolve themselves, through knowledge and practice. They expect formality, respect, and dedication. They expect magickal experience and knowledge.

It's important to know these facts before working with ANY entity.

If you truly seek this path, welcome - everyone in this forum who is knowledgable will do whatever they can to assist you on your journey, though most of it will be deeply personal to you, and thus we may not be able to always offer assistance.

I hope that what I've said has helped you in your considerations for companionship.
Blessings -
Raven
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Calin

And that post should be a sticky on the front page of the site. Nice one Raven.
Mizu-Taki
Patron Deities: Father Asmodeus
Your favourite Demon?: Asmodeus,Azazel, Lilith
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Passemoon wrote:Noble as in demons from the noble realm. There are many realms that different demons are connected to Mizu.. but yea reading in the forum on the different demon types and getting a sense of which ones you may be interested in works. Or you can consult Akelta and the ladies at SnS on a list of criteria you may be looing for and a price range you are comfortable with. And customs are not necessarily more expensive than pre-comjures..
Everything to me is more expensive, seeing how i am 15 and have no job, I couldn’t ask my parents for money because they are WAY to against demons and such, I am not.
I didn’t do it, it was Rai

Hail Father Asmodeus, Great Prince of Lust
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Ah I see. Then I think what the others here have suggested are excellent for consideration. You have so many online resources available to you nowadays, unlike for some of us when we stumbled upon this path or were doing research in the early days. The free enn videos by Akelta on YouTube is also a great place to start connection to any of the dark lords. The videos are free and you can listen and connect to see who you resonate better with. So that when you are ready in future with your own means and resources, you would have already built a foundation for yourself to work upon and further your journey.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias

Calin wrote:Before you put money down, can I suggest you listen to Akelta's enn chanting videos if you haven't. The energy demons give can be very overwhelming at first and may not be readily your vibration. Try lighting a candle and using Lord Satan's enn and seek counsel with him. He will come, and you will get a very good sense of his energy and whether it is suitable for you. Plus if you are attuned, you can learn a lot from him in a single session, it can be transformational.
That is a very good idea. I had considered doing something like that while meditating, a quiet room, a candle, a request to Lord Satan for guidance, then chanting His enn.
I didn't do it though. I thought it was presumptuous of someone "at my level" to approach Lord Satan with requests.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Passchendaele

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:
Mizu-Taki wrote:Hello, I am new to S&S and I am curious about what demons are good for beginners. Seeing as how I have never interacted with a demon or talked to one, i figured it would be a good idea to ask. Thanks!
Mizu - what exactly are you looking for in a companion? What are your plans for your future when it comes to working with, and living with, demons and demonic companions? Why are you drawn to them? Is it just curiosity, or are you looking for a spiritual path? If you're exploring a spiritual path, are you exploring Thelema, the goetia, and other forms of ceremonial magicks, or are you looking at Satanism, Theistic Satanism, Demonolatry, Luciferianism, or another specific religious/non-religious path?

When you can answer these questions for yourself, you will know more about whether a demon companion is right for you, and if so, which one.

This forum was built on the idea that education is the fulcrum around which working with demons revolves. It's important that you educate yourself not just on the types of conjures available through the S&S store, but also that you gain a working knowledge of demons themselves. Working with demons takes a level of dedication that... seems to be missing in most spirit keeping practices. If you're willing to push yourself, if you're wanting to stretch and grow, even if it's not always comfortable or pleasant, then demon keeping is definitely for you.

If you're just looking for quick fixes to everyday problems - a demon can help with that, sure... but they probably won't if you're not going to give them your own effort in turn.

Please understand, I'm not saying this to accuse you, or judge you. I have said this to just about every new demon keeper at one time or another, because I think it's important for people to take their time to really think about where they want to be in a year, in five years, in ten years, in fifty years, when they're thinking of working with any kind of entity - not just demons, but also angels, gods/immortals, the Sidhe, etc. because the entities that can be summoned and conjured are used to working with magicians. They've had contact with humans practicing magick for thousands of years (I'm not joking - it goes all the way back to Babylonian and beyond times), and they're used to being educators and counselors, and they expect when they are being worked with that you will be invested in discovering more about the underlying movements of the universe and the powers that rule our souls and our everyday lives. They expect that when someone comes to them, that person is seeking to evolve themselves, through knowledge and practice. They expect formality, respect, and dedication. They expect magickal experience and knowledge.

It's important to know these facts before working with ANY entity.

If you truly seek this path, welcome - everyone in this forum who is knowledgable will do whatever they can to assist you on your journey, though most of it will be deeply personal to you, and thus we may not be able to always offer assistance.

I hope that what I've said has helped you in your considerations for companionship.
Blessings -
Raven
As usual, Raven, you bring it all into focus, and put a ribbon on it. :devilgrin: A thing I have wondered about since I first considered the LHP, has any person done a history of Demon/human interaction? I mean a real history, not the propaganda/fairy tales in that door stop of a book some consider "holy writ" :devilread:

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Passchendaele wrote:
Calin wrote:Before you put money down, can I suggest you listen to Akelta's enn chanting videos if you haven't. The energy demons give can be very overwhelming at first and may not be readily your vibration. Try lighting a candle and using Lord Satan's enn and seek counsel with him. He will come, and you will get a very good sense of his energy and whether it is suitable for you. Plus if you are attuned, you can learn a lot from him in a single session, it can be transformational.
That is a very good idea. I had considered doing something like that while meditating, a quiet room, a candle, a request to Lord Satan for guidance, then chanting His enn.
I didn't do it though. I thought it was presumptuous of someone "at my level" to approach Lord Satan with requests.

I think you can always approach the dark lords as Long as you can from a place of respect.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Passchendaele

Passemoon wrote:
Passchendaele wrote:

I think you can always approach the dark lords as Long as you can from a place of respect.
This is one of the tricks "I" use to keep from moving forward. "Oh, poor me! I'll never be worthy" BS. Another is "But where do I begin? It's so complicated!" I actually asked this aloud a while back, my Little Voice answered. "At the beginning." Smart-ass Little Voice.

William Butler Yeats

Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

Passchendaele wrote:my Little Voice answered. "At the beginning." Smart-ass Little Voice.
Funny, my smart-ass little voice usually tells me to start in betwixt and see where I wind up.

I think every one of those inner voices must be completely unique, and hence our journeys and the ways in which we engage them.
So what we're learning here is.. attune to the inner voice, the way it is; and then just do what it says, or you never will..

For Mizu, Nycto's post is sound. Take it deeply into consideration.
Stop focusing on expenses, the other day in a certain chat you were asking something along the lines of 'where can I find demons for less money', and when asked then why you wanted to work with them I recall your uncertainty, and from your response believe you're more curious about demonic energy ..what it means and what it amounts to at this point. Simply educating yourself through the means provided by those experienced is a better place to get what you are truly looking for.

Please don't fall into traps of convenience (cheaper, faster, less questions, less answers, to get what you think you want), it's a mistake. You're young, I don't like to judge people by age at all but you're still forming and stuff and don't want to mess up the integrity of your future engaging with the metaphysical, or ruin the experience of demons with all of the masquerading bs out there. There's a good bet you are wading around in media-fueled preconceptions of demons for that matter.
Don't allow 'I want it and I want it now' to take over when you can't even comprehend your draw to it or what it is. Take time to relish in the unique experience of discovery, and piecing together-ness.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
User54634
Patron Deities: Yui, Inari, Ri, Drakinaka, Yakumi, Rei MouMou, Lilith
Your favourite Demon?: RIMMA, DAMICA, LAILA, FELIKINA

Noctifera wrote: Please don't fall into traps of convenience (cheaper, faster, less questions, less answers, to get what you think you want), it's a mistake. You're young, I don't like to judge people by age at all but you're still forming and stuff and don't want to mess up the integrity of your future engaging with the metaphysical, or ruin the experience of demons with all of the masquerading bs out there. There's a good bet you are wading around in media-fueled preconceptions of demons for that matter.
Don't allow 'I want it and I want it now' to take over when you can't even comprehend your draw to it or what it is. Take time to relish in the unique experience of discovery, and piecing together-ness.
Trust the goddess says. :headbang:

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”