Magical soap question

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

yuurae

So I use a few bar soaps in the shower/bath for any cleansing things or what have you, BUT what do I do if someone else uses them? 1. w/o my permission and 2. w/o even knowing its for witchcraft/bath or shower rituals - my dad used my rosemary one so but that wasn't 'spelled' or anything I just put my intention into it as I wash to cleanse myself - however my mum has now used my unbinding soap which IS spelled, and I bought it all the way from America (I live in England so) and was meant to do an unbinding ritual tonight and then wash w that in the shower for an added boost but now I feel I can't use it bc its got someone elses energy on it (plus also ew with ppl using bar soaps bc honestly use yr own - I find it rly gross tbh) but I'm not sure if I can even use them anymore after someone else has used them? I've asked them not to use them but apparently respect & boundaries don't exist in my house (since yesterday asked my dad not to use my soap w my mum in the room so pretty sure she did it on purpose using it today - I know someone used it since I have a selection of magical soaps in there and its since moved its position (and its usually my sister n me using that bathroom my parents are using this one now idk why tho??) - my sister doesn't bc she knows (atleast now) I use them for ritual baths/showers and she just wouldn't do that anyways, and my dad said he didn't and is since using a different soap, so narrowed it down to my mum and I know her intentions towards me/and she's just malicious towards me in general) so I'm not sure what to do about it?? do I just throw it out and re-purchase? (which is kinda annoying to me bc shipping is expensive fro the us to the uk and also current pandemic will take longer for it to arrive - and unfortunately we don't have that sort of thing in the uk finding spelled soaps like they have in the us) or try and clean it and get as much of her energy/etc off as possible and cleanse??? idk tho, thank you <3 :cuteghost:
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Well for future reference you can buy hard plastic cases for soap bars, (I got mine from Wilko and Superdrug) so you could keep them out of sight and not have to keep them in the bathroom.
Also there is a UK shop called Powerful Hand that sells American Hoodoo and folk magick supplies. They're based in Brixton but they do have an online store. Not sure if they'd have the specific spelled blend you're after though.
Other users may have a way of completely cleaning off unwanted influences from magickal soaps, but speaking personally I couldn't fancy a bar soap that had been used by someone else.
yuurae

TaipanTwist wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 am
Well for future reference you can buy hard plastic cases for soap bars, (I got mine from Wilko and Superdrug) so you could keep them out of sight and not have to keep them in the bathroom.
Also there is a UK shop called Powerful Hand that sells American Hoodoo and folk magick supplies. They're based in Brixton but they do have an online store. Not sure if they'd have the specific spelled blend you're after though.
Other users may have a way of completely cleaning off unwanted influences from magickal soaps, but speaking personally I couldn't fancy a bar soap that had been used by someone else.

ooh! that's a good idea - didn't think about that (sometimes just wrap them up in tissue paper and place them away but obviously forgot last night), but thank you!
Ooh thanks! I usually buy alot of my witchcraft supplies and soaps and such off of etsy so only usually purchase from there, but thank you - I'll definitely have a look into that.
Yeah, in general I don't mind ppl borrowing shower gels but draw the line at 'sharing' a bar of soap, so put off from using it now anyways even if I find a way to cleanse it regardless.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”