Maergzjiran

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Mellowsloth29
Patron Deities: Astaroth
Your favourite Demon?: Still deciding
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Hey guys been a while since I've been on this website. Curious has anyone actually tried the maergzjiran system yet or worked with anyone of the blight lords. Specifically chernobog. I'm on the process of diving deep into it and I'll share some of my experiences in the future and would love to read your if you had any experience with them
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Mellowsloth29 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm
Hey guys been a while since I've been on this website. Curious has anyone actually tried the maergzjiran system yet or worked with anyone of the blight lords. Specifically chernobog. I'm on the process of diving deep into it and I'll share some of my experiences in the future and would love to read your if you had any experience with them
Is that before or after their leader decided to rewrite the Quran?
I do remember back then we had a talk and there were people who know adepts from the black court and they said the energies they're working with aren't healthy and there were a few suicides involved and most of them just went crazy.
So, if you start working with them, be careful.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Mellowsloth29

Aprophis wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:50 pm
Mellowsloth29 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm
Is that before or after their leader decided to rewrite the Quran?
I do remember back then we had a talk and there were people who know adepts from the black court and they said the energies they're working with aren't healthy and there were a few suicides involved and most of them just went crazy.
So, if you start working with them, be careful.

Weird I'll have to look that up. Never heard of unhealthy energies or people committing suicide for it.
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

You can commune with Chernobog without subscribing to their systems. I would heavily advise against them. Back when they were 'fresh on the scene' I had the chance to touch those energies, I knew a couple of people into what they would offer. The presences and beliefs they outline are not inherently problematic (no more than the advisory that comes with any dark/demonic-oriented energy, still nothing to take lightly). The problem is the way they dictate things, the hand they have in things and how people can be manipulated by it. I got the impression they do not care in the slightest to seriously support anyone getting involved with their stuff, there's no sort of 'safeguard' on it and it isn't filtered in any way for your benefit. If there's anything redeemable about it then it's up to the individual to make it that way, so if you're going to explore it just keep that in mind.
But I don't think it's worth your time. If you cannot connect clearly with deities, energies, magic on your own then you're at a serious disadvantage when it comes to making anything out of this; and if you DO have a clear ability to connect with these things then you should be pursuing your own path independent of structures or ideologies crafted by others. You are capable of setting up your own framework, your own protective space, and then reaching out to whatever dark deities or beings that you feel can advance you on the path you're on.

It's important to be open to different angles of practice and ideology in developing intelligently upon your own, whether or not you agree with them, but I feel like falling into these groups upon the notion that you can perhaps only make gains in a certain area of work or with certain deities/forces via those groups is not only false, but disempowering and will leave you too reliant on some aspect or another that isn't authentic to yourself.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Mellowsloth29

Noctua wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 am
You can commune with Chernobog without subscribing to their systems. I would heavily advise against them. Back when they were 'fresh on the scene' I had the chance to touch those energies, I knew a couple of people into what they would offer. The presences and beliefs they outline are not inherently problematic (no more than the advisory that comes with any dark/demonic-oriented energy, still nothing to take lightly). The problem is the way they dictate things, the hand they have in things and how people can be manipulated by it. I got the impression they do not care in the slightest to seriously support anyone getting involved with their stuff, there's no sort of 'safeguard' on it and it isn't filtered in any way for your benefit. If there's anything redeemable about it then it's up to the individual to make it that way, so if you're going to explore it just keep that in mind.
But I don't think it's worth your time. If you cannot connect clearly with deities, energies, magic on your own then you're at a serious disadvantage when it comes to making anything out of this; and if you DO have a clear ability to connect with these things then you should be pursuing your own path independent of structures or ideologies crafted by others. You are capable of setting up your own framework, your own protective space, and then reaching out to whatever dark deities or beings that you feel can advance you on the path you're on.

It's important to be open to different angles of practice and ideology in developing intelligently upon your own, whether or not you agree with them, but I feel like falling into these groups upon the notion that you can perhaps only make gains in a certain area of work or with certain deities/forces via those groups is not only false, but disempowering and will leave you too reliant on some aspect or another that isn't authentic to yourself.
So I probably should of explain I'm not actually joining the cabal but only working with the gods there. Ya the whole cabal thing is just to similar to 09A. I'm just learning some different ways to experiment with. Like when it comes to necromancy. I kept seeing recommendations for this book by Somnus dreadwood who's not the ascended master anymore.
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

I wasn't specifically commenting on if one were to join the cabal or not, to be clear myself. I think how they pose pretty much everything they have done is from a manipulative standpoint and that the energy behind their intentions (which is actually quite clear by how they present certain work, some of their behavior, etc. I'm not just theorizing here) is on the more 'self-involved' side of things, meaning I don't believe it is even proposed with the benefit of anyone else in mind. That is of course highly up for debate; I'd just leave whether or not their work makes sense for you up to why you're even attracted to those gods, and via the way they present them, in the first place.

My sense of this doesn't mean that you can't glean some sort of insight or direction from their writings, that kind of thing does come in the most unexpected of places, it's just a warning not to take what they propose too seriously.
I'd say (almost) similar about a resource like the stuff that comes out of Temple of the Black Light. Years ago I immersed myself in the ideology and practices they publish books about as I was interested in the extreme perspective and I like to understand all angles for the most growth in my path, but you have to be going in with a very critical eye so you can take away the substance that works for you rather than eating up whatever they say about a particular deity or force. Much like with anyone's system.

So herein lies the rub: the unique-ish thing about Maergzjiran (as far as I recall) is that in their original hierarchy of deities apart from maybe only Chernobog, the rest seemed to be exclusively known to them. Beings that had no distinct source in history, which nobody had heard of before this cabal talked about them. At least by the names presented. Someone like Apro who is a walking historian, correct me if I am wrong, I haven't observed their work since the 'good ol' days'.
When THAT is the case then you have to go in with an even MORE critical eye because you're dealing with a very niche paradigm and you know only what these people tell you to know about those beings, unless/until experienced for yourself. I can think of so many different possibilities about a deity that comes from seemingly nowhere, and whose writings are controlled by a singular group of people, which range from the tame to the more insidious as far as what followers of the Cabal's work will involve themselves with on behalf of said deity.
When you're connecting with a being, like, say, Pazuzu - you essentially know who they are and how they came to be known, you have a whole history and vast range of expressions to judge by in determining to connect with them, and you know where that energy is going as you do connect.
Do you really know where your energy is going when you connect with some of these 'unknown' figures presented by the cabal? Not really. (And again, all nonsense coming from me unless I am recalling correctly about their thing with deities nobody has ever heard of before).
It's not impossible for anyone to meet and connect with an immortal that nobody else knows about, at one point none of the deities we know of now were in the awareness of mortals. But this group be shady as fuck, man. So just be aware of what you're giving to what they are putting out.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Mellowsloth29

Noctua wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:30 pm
I wasn't specifically commenting on if one were to join the cabal or not, to be clear myself. I think how they pose pretty much everything they have done is from a manipulative standpoint and that the energy behind their intentions (which is actually quite clear by how they present certain work, some of their behavior, etc. I'm not just theorizing here) is on the more 'self-involved' side of things, meaning I don't believe it is even proposed with the benefit of anyone else in mind. That is of course highly up for debate; I'd just leave whether or not their work makes sense for you up to why you're even attracted to those gods, and via the way they present them, in the first place.

My sense of this doesn't mean that you can't glean some sort of insight or direction from their writings, that kind of thing does come in the most unexpected of places, it's just a warning not to take what they propose too seriously.
I'd say (almost) similar about a resource like the stuff that comes out of Temple of the Black Light. Years ago I immersed myself in the ideology and practices they publish books about as I was interested in the extreme perspective and I like to understand all angles for the most growth in my path, but you have to be going in with a very critical eye so you can take away the substance that works for you rather than eating up whatever they say about a particular deity or force. Much like with anyone's system.

So herein lies the rub: the unique-ish thing about Maergzjiran (as far as I recall) is that in their original hierarchy of deities apart from maybe only Chernobog, the rest seemed to be exclusively known to them. Beings that had no distinct source in history, which nobody had heard of before this cabal talked about them. At least by the names presented. Someone like Apro who is a walking historian, correct me if I am wrong, I haven't observed their work since the 'good ol' days'.
When THAT is the case then you have to go in with an even MORE critical eye because you're dealing with a very niche paradigm and you know only what these people tell you to know about those beings, unless/until experienced for yourself. I can think of so many different possibilities about a deity that comes from seemingly nowhere, and whose writings are controlled by a singular group of people, which range from the tame to the more insidious as far as what followers of the Cabal's work will involve themselves with on behalf of said deity.
When you're connecting with a being, like, say, Pazuzu - you essentially know who they are and how they came to be known, you have a whole history and vast range of expressions to judge by in determining to connect with them, and you know where that energy is going as you do connect.
Do you really know where your energy is going when you connect with some of these 'unknown' figures presented by the cabal? Not really. (And again, all nonsense coming from me unless I am recalling correctly about their thing with deities nobody has ever heard of before).
It's not impossible for anyone to meet and connect with an immortal that nobody else knows about, at one point none of the deities we know of now were in the awareness of mortals. But this group be shady as fuck, man. So just be aware of what you're giving to what they are putting out.
Thanks noctus.you really make a good point. I should connect more with the gods and try to stay out the ideology/system or at least get to know every aspect, pros and cons before I jump. Chernobog the only reason I even really looked into it. Plus your like big brain smart so I probably should go to the source just like you said. Would you compare them to the 09A. I know a lot of people say they mask their gods just like them or at least make them materialize/evoke different.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Forgive my brain, i'm nearly 50 and keep to myself a lot now, but way way back in my younger days I seem to recall the O9A being an extreme fascist right wing group who would happily let some of their members beat others up to pass from one rank to another. So a worse than JOS group.

My advice for any extreme fringe system / way of thought is be careful and go in / read the source material with eyes wide open. Research, research and then go some where else and research the group again.

However whatever you decide to do, just make sure you do it for your reasons xxx
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”