Necromancy tips

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I am just curious if anyone has a good amount of experience with necromancy. I am about to wrap up another year of seasonal work and plan on spending the off season exploring and expanding upon my magickal abilities. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, tips, precautions, etc. involving the practice of necromancy. I have something I need to do which can only be accomplished through the practice of necromancy (at least in my case) and I do understand that there are some pretty serious risk involved. The biggest question I have is this: would it dangerous to use an object in a necromantic ritual that has belonged to me, or do I have to obtain new objects specifically for the purpose? The specific objects are a table upon which I plan to build an alter honoring the spirit I am trying to contact, and a wooden and marble box with a dog carved into the lid, which will contain certain objects and offerings and placed on the altar. I am going to be trying to contact the spirit of a dog who was, and always will be loved deeply by me. I had to surrender this dog to the animal shelter many years ago (28 years) and I don’t know what ever happened to her. I did not want to give her up, and the situation was really very upsetting and I have horrible guilt up to this moment. I don’t know if she ever got adopted or if she had been put to rest. I remember calling the shelter 4-5 days later to check on her, because I had possibly found a new place to live where I could have a dog, but the lady said they no longer had her. I asked if she had been placed in a home and the lady said yes she had. However I still have doubts and worries. I don’t know if she lied or if perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me and the memory of that phone call is completely fabricated by my subconscious as a means of protecting myself from further mental anguish. Either way, regardless of what happened to her, I feel horrible about what I had put her through. First and foremost, I want to let her spirit know how much I love her and that I am so sorry for failing her and not trying harder to keep her with me. I want her to know how much she really did mean to me and that I did what I did because I wanted her to have a better home and a good life which at the time I was unable to give, due to my own broken state of mind and spirit. I also need closure to this event so I can begin the healing process. Any suggestions would really be greatly appreciated.
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Hm well in the case of the object, i think if you cleanse it of your own residual energy first that should be okay. Personally depending on what i am focusing on, i usually orefer to have specific consecrated items for such a purpose, that do not have any residual energy. However sometimes the residual energy can be of benefit. ( my more necromantic workings involve the death demonic divine, shamanic practices and a more kemetic bent) In the case of actual necromancy, if it is involving death energies which to be necromancy it basically does, are you sure the spirit you are trying to contact has passed on? because if you arent then maybe practicing with necromancy and engaging with the death energies is not what you need? Certainly creating an altar to honour the being is fine to do And by pooling energies in a single space that entrain to that being can help initiate contact. But are you wanting the spirit to be with you long term? Because that may require different methods., for the animals that have passed on that i have worked with ( usually it is working with their remains in some way though and they are wild animals) i tend to make sure i give them offerings such as food etc regularly esp if i am working with them for specific things. This aids in the connection, and The ability for them to manifest as in a way sometimes they may need to be more “ tied” to this realm. I suppose it depends upon the intent of the rite or what you are doing? For closure though perhaps a different form of working is needed. And again it depends on exactly what you are doing. Have you considered contacting or working with President Camio? They are quite good with animals and for example may be able to help you find out what happened to this spirit? I wish you luck in any case.
Obsidian Goddess

Yes, I am certain she has passed on, as she was a dog born in the year of 1992. (This brings up another question though... what if she has reincarnated and is in fact living in our realm right now?) I don’t mind if her spirit sticks around or moves on after I contact her. I want what is best for her and I want her to be where she is happiest. I will be working with Hekate before and during the ritual, on the night of the next new moon. The only objects being used that could have my energies tied to them are the marble and wood box, and the table. I have objects as offerings which I have been collecting.... dog treats, sticks because she liked chewing on them, a black leash and collar with a black star-shaped tag that simply reads her name “Honey” because she loved going for walks, a little stuffed dog toy... these things are all new and were obtained for this specific purpose, except for the sticks which I picked up on my walk home from the cemetery earlier today, when I was collecting graveyard dirt. I know that when performing a ritual involving necromancy you should never include anything with your picture, name, address, etc... just Incase... I mean if you’re trying to draw something here from the realm of the dead, you wouldn’t want to inadvertently have an entity or spirit from that realm to pull you over there (contagious Magick potentially), but I am unsure about the objects. I am not particularly attached myself to either the table or the box, by the way, so I don’t feel they really hold much of my energies.
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Obsidian Goddess

Heretique wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:30 am
Hm well in the case of the object, i think if you cleanse it of your own residual energy first that should be okay. Personally depending on what i am focusing on, i usually orefer to have specific consecrated items for such a purpose, that do not have any residual energy. However sometimes the residual energy can be of benefit. ( my more necromantic workings involve the death demonic divine, shamanic practices and a more kemetic bent) In the case of actual necromancy, if it is involving death energies which to be necromancy it basically does, are you sure the spirit you are trying to contact has passed on? because if you arent then maybe practicing with necromancy and engaging with the death energies is not what you need? Certainly creating an altar to honour the being is fine to do And by pooling energies in a single space that entrain to that being can help initiate contact. But are you wanting the spirit to be with you long term? Because that may require different methods., for the animals that have passed on that i have worked with ( usually it is working with their remains in some way though and they are wild animals) i tend to make sure i give them offerings such as food etc regularly esp if i am working with them for specific things. This aids in the connection, and The ability for them to manifest as in a way sometimes they may need to be more “ tied” to this realm. I suppose it depends upon the intent of the rite or what you are doing? For closure though perhaps a different form of working is needed. And again it depends on exactly what you are doing. Have you considered contacting or working with President Camio? They are quite good with animals and for example may be able to help you find out what happened to this spirit? I wish you luck in any case.
Can you please tell me a bit about President Camio?
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Apologies for missing that, it was at 3am i wrote the other post, so i missed that part of it. So for President Camio while i have not worked with them myself yet here is sns page on them http://demonsanddemonolatry.com/demon-o ... ght-demon/ Basically President Camio aids in animal communication and understanding of them, also He is very good at helping find animals too. Sometimes vets will work with Him as well to aid in understanding their patients. In terms of the "dangers" of necromancy a lot of it depends on what your beliefs are around things as well, certainly though precautions are definately necessary, the dead should also be respected. From my perspective the reason for not including the living or references to them is a precaution to avoid being swamped with death energies rather then being pulled into death- though theoretically that could happen. To deal with such things usually a thorough cleansing and sometimes banishing is what is required. Unless you are opening the gates but that is something else. As death energies while a natural accompaniment to life, technically most things contains death energy as it is intertwined with life to such a degree anyway. So protection for this is useful but if you are performing the rite within a demonolatry circle or whatever the tradition you are using requires, then it should be okay. Necromancy at its base is divination via the dead. That is not to say there are not certain rites which are dangerous. But i do not think that is what is being done here. Though usual precautions apply for dealing with intense energies etc.

From an outsiders perspective on this, it does seem as though this will be beneficial in bringing a sense of peace of mind, though from looking at your other topics on this, i feel (though i dont know if you have been working through this already or not) That forgiving yourself for the situation could play quite a big role in receiving of closure for this situation- which lends itself more to shadow work. Just an observation though. In terms of what you have described above, the leash and collar can represent an interesting connotation to tying/binding or even to drawing the spirit forward. I also notice that you work with King Belial, He also has a necromantic aspect- being that He is Lord of the earth, if that is of any interest to you. Though I do think your choice of Lady Hecate for this will be most beneficial. I think just in case of anything going awry, the objects should still be cleansed. If you have the time you could also consecrate them to the new purpose as well.
Obsidian Goddess

Thank you so much for the reply! It is really helpful, and I am about to check out the link you included for President Cameo. King Belial will be invited into my circle as a protective force, which He is in all of my ritual workings, but I decided to do this primarily with Hecate because of Her connection to nature and animals, particularly dogs. What is most interesting is that although I make contact with Hecate on occasion, mostly for Her okay to perform certain rituals, I have not worked with Her a whole lot in the past... there is some other unrelated ritual work I am about to do and Belial Himself suggested I should work with Hecate , not only for that working, but on a regular basis as He stated I have much to learn from Her and at this point in time She would be the best teacher for me. I have pretty much worked mostly with Belial exclusively in the past but recently He has let me know He wants me to work with Hecate and also I have noticed certain signs that I believe are from Hecate calling me to work with Her. This led me to really taking a lot of time to learn about Her, and I was really amazed by some of the things I found out. Based on things that are of interest to me, even some of the work I do (dog training, animal rescue, organic produce farming), it seems like working with Her is going to be a great match. As for this specific ritual, and this particular situation, there is a lot of shadow work as well which has been hard because the day I surrendered Honey to the shelter was the worst day of my life and truly the lowest point of my life, but I feel as if the Magick is already in motion and I feel a certain degree of healing taking place already. I just really miss her, even after all these years.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”