Make it yours ritual? help

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Shershah.chowdhury

I have 2 parts to this question.
Does not doing the make it yours ritual have any effect on the connection with your demon, as in will the connection be stronger if you do the make it yours ritual or weaker if you dont do it?

Also the part when it says to "" (sprinkle
some salt over or run the object through the bowl of salt)

Does it mean to dip the vessel in the bowl of salt until its buried in the salt then take it out?

And the part where it says (wash the water
from the bowl over the item)

Does it mean to submerge the vessel in the bowl of water?
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Shershah.chowdhury wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm
I have 2 parts to this question.
Does not doing the make it yours ritual have any effect on the connection with your demon, as in will the connection be stronger if you do the make it yours ritual or weaker if you dont do it?

Also the part when it says to "" (sprinkle
some salt over or run the object through the bowl of salt)

Does it mean to dip the vessel in the bowl of salt until its buried in the salt then take it out?

And the part where it says (wash the water
from the bowl over the item)

Does it mean to submerge the vessel in the bowl of water?
To answer some of it, I have never perforned the "make it yours ritual" for any of my companions as i do not have any physical vessels. For S&S even if you opt for a physical vessel the binding is done to the aura as well. I dont think this has had any effect on my connection. However, the point of the ritual is to remove any energy that lingers on the item from anything extraneous as well as the previous caster's essence to claim it as yours. It would be something good to do to balance the energy itself.

As far as spelled items ect i intentionally do not do the ritual to see if there is anything i can learn from that residual energy and i explore it. Sometimes i can pull thoughts and intents and see images from what lingers on them. When I'm done I claim it in my own way,but if you dont have your own method i would still suggest that ritual to clear residual energies away. Its basically like a beginner's neutral method using the elements to clear and what is left there. If you have physical items it may or may not effect your connection but best practice is always to clear any new items you bring into your space.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”