Demons seeking vengeance...?

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

alikat13
Patron Deities: Aries, Hades, Lilith, Aphrodite
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

I'm wondering will demons bring harm to someone who their keeper considers an enemy even if the person never did anything wrong. Last year online I saw someone verbally attacking another person and the attacker was obviously a narcissist who took extreme pride in his self so he said that he'll send his demon companion to hurt this person for doing nothing wrong other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So will demon companions harm someone who doesn't necessarily deserve it out of their love for their keepers? I know they have a mind of their own obviously they can object but will they or will they look towards this person as a foe?
"Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic" - Frida Kahlo

"You're mad. Bonkers, Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret all the best people are" Alice In Wonderland
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

No, they don't operate like trained dogs and they're not going to act on every whim of a bully.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Sapphire
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I agree with Lokakisa, I believe in situations like those where the human companion is not in danger but is not being mature the demon probably wouldn't do it.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Rumi
alikat13

That's great to know thanks for the inputs, yeah I didn't think so I thought the demon may try and talk it out with their keeper or find another method to calming them down....

"You're mad. Bonkers, Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret all the best people are" Alice In Wonderland
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

alikat13 wrote:That's great to know thanks for the inputs, yeah I didn't think so I thought the demon may try and talk it out with their keeper or find another method to calming them down....
I don't know, honestly. But we know from Akelta and S Connolly that the minute someone starts to proclaim their supreme wizardry and threaten to send their x, y, z after you, then they are just spouting foolishness and you can walk away from that coward. Maybe they'll get their own comeuppance. Maybe they'll have a teachable moment. Or maybe they don't have an x,y,z entity at all, or it's just a sludge giving them a false sense of power.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
alikat13

Lokakisa wrote:
alikat13 wrote:That's great to know thanks for the inputs, yeah I didn't think so I thought the demon may try and talk it out with their keeper or find another method to calming them down....
I don't know, honestly. But we know from Akelta and S Connolly that the minute someone starts to proclaim their supreme wizardry and threaten to send their x, y, z after you, then they are just spouting foolishness and you can walk away from that coward. Maybe they'll get their own comeuppance. Maybe they'll have a teachable moment. Or maybe they don't have an x,y,z entity at all, or it's just a sludge giving them a false sense of power.
That can be true.... considering Akelta herself has to reach in and connect with the energy of the person if they have any ill intentions she might disapprove of the person.
Yeah they can just be using it as a scare tactic or they can be delusional and truly believe this sludge is some sort of protective demon or being who will do their entire bidding for them.

Heidi

That depends on the demon, the demon's keeper and the person the keeper considers a foe. It is possible that a demon (or any other kind of spirit really) will go and attack someone their human companion considers a foe or a threat, even when not asked to do so. That's one of the reasons house rules are important. When someone is being hostile towards you but you don't think they are a real threat (someone online who is just pretending to be all-important and powerful for example), it's a good idea to let your spirits know how you want this handled. If for example you don't want them to go after the person, let them know that you don't consider the person a thread and you don't want them harmed, unless they actually attack you (and if they do, do you want the attack to be blocked or returned to the sender, or are you going to go after them too?). When it comes to highly evolved beings like the demons Akelta conjures, it's a bit rare that they will have such a short temper that they will go and attack every person who is offensive or every person their companion dislikes, but since many of us have a big number of bound spirits and all of us are born with protectors and guiding spirits of different kinds, each with their own morality and logic, it is a good idea to have a plan when it comes to what you want in different scenarios that may come up, so that you can remind all your spirits what your wishes are when it does come up.

Now in the case where someone has a demon and they dislike a person even though the person has done nothing wrong, how the demon will act greatly depends on the demon. Based on my experience, I'm inclined to say that the majority of demons from S&S wouldn't go and wreck someone's life out of nowhere, just because their human companion isn't fond of the person. In the case where their companion actively sends them to attack someone they perceive as a threat (say another forum member), they will probably go and check the person out, but my money is on the scenario where they won't really cause harm if they see it's really not needed. They may choose to just remove the person from their companion's life instead for example, or they may even do nothing.

In any case, it's a good idea to remember that relationships with spirits are negotiable. Just because a spirit is someone else's companion doesn't mean they are soldiers blindly doing their companion's bidding. When you notice the presence of a hostile spirit (provided that it's not BA or a sludge monster or something like that), you can try to find out what is going on, who sent them, why etc. That doesn't apply to every case, but in some cases you can avoid an attack by showing the spirit that you aren't the enemy here. They can choose not to attack someone, even if their companion sent them for that purpose, if they see the situation is different than what their companion thinks. It's not much different to how humans react. You may initially hate someone because your best friend hates them and has told you what a horrible person they are. But if you spend some time with the person, you may realize that they don't seem to be that horrible person you thought, and you may decide that your friend was overreacting and that you want to give the person a chance, cause it may all have been a misunderstanding.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I would be cautious. There ARE BA demons, Fae, and other entities that can be very powerful and hateful and only want to hurt someone. Other people may conjure an entity and CALL it a Demon, but it's only your guess what it really is. One of Akelta's demons I would just talk to and explain the situation. My demons have NOT been quick to attack people, even people who are actually hurting me, with the exception of my Crypt Demon Evil. A neighbor in my apartment complex took great delight in telling me she reported me to the management for banging my walker against the doors and damaging them. I never did any such thing, and it annoyed me! Our management can and WILL get rid of you if you are tearing equipment up or not being a good neighbor. Said person was suddenly in the hospital not a day later! I found a note pushed under my door when she got out, explaining she was sorry and realized the kids upstairs were probably doing it. Wow! So be careful around your Crypt if you have one. Make sure they know your wishes.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
badboychun
Patron Deities: Hecate

I think it is totally UP to the demon... They would NEVER harm their companion for sure....but if someone cross their companion, maybe the "enemy" isn't a real threat, but I think it is really depends on their mood......For myself, I told EVERY of my companion some people are my friends and I love them, so if they hurt me somehow, DON'T kill them as I will feel sorry later. They understands it for sure.

However, some demon are actually LIKE to "play" with people they just simply don't like or being a fool. I m not speaking for all of the demon,
just my own personal experience, my Lowborn DC love to "play" with stupid people, if they fool did nothing to me, of course my DC won't do anything, but if they say something foolish to me or making me not happy, well, depends on the mood of my DC, sometimes, he will not do anything as it maybe not a big deal at all, but if they keep being annoying, then my DC will start to play with their mind, making them keep saying something stupid then everyone on facebook laugh at them or else, just make them being insulted publicly, but nothing more. (unless to real enemy).

For my Royal Commander, I can tell he has a hero spirit within him. He will simply punish people who did things wrong, he love to bring justice to those who keep doing harm to the others, no matter those people are harming me or I just spot out a bully, even they did nothing to me. Or sometimes, i watching news, and seeing there are some injustice happening, I will tell my DC and ask him to send some of his legion to see if they cant bring justice. Sometimes can, sometimes not, depends on situation, but all i can tell is, my Royal DC has really strong sense of justice. but he is not a real "bloody" type, but I can feel he believe in justice.

but NO, I think they won't just go after someone as they black mouth you or did nothing wrong to you, unless they really hurting you, they will surely punish them. but if they just being annoying, I think demon would not do anything, unless they felt annoyed as well. but I dont think there will be real harm.....

but I don't know all the demon...but I think it is really depends.......some demon might take all the chances to have some "fun", some might just simply laugh and ignore your request of revenge.......lol.
O lunae lumen
puer tuus fac me sicut renascentur
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
Vixen

Each of the contributers/ions above offers a good dose of perspective in regards to a situation like this. When it comes to empowered demonics, especially those of the Outer Spiritual that Akelta offers, they can usually see into the situation with a mature enough viewpoint to know how to handle things. Whether this entails 'vengeance' of a traditional sense or some sort of reorienting on the part of the human and their emotions this is up to the demon in question, its nature, its bond with the human, and its take on the whole of the situation (ie; what might be necessary not only now but down the line in the future as well). The traditional view of humans commanding the demons around to do their bidding, no matter whether their wishes are morally right or wrong, is in part because of the influence of demonolatry of old where this was attained through very severe, brutish practices of temporarily enslaving the demon-- the dynamics of a companion relationship are entirely different from the ground up, thankfully so.
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”