How Do I Upload Pictures?

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

To upload photos to the forum you can do the following...

Scroll down until you see the 'upload attachment' box beneath the 'preview'/'submit'/etc buttons:
upload1.png
In the upload attachment section you will see a button that says 'choose file' and one that says 'add the file':
upload6.png
upload6.png (22.85 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
Click on 'Choose file' and a pop-up window will come up (yours may look different than this if you are using a different operating system)
upload2.png
Navigate through your folder directory to the file you want to upload then click on it and submit it. The window will disappear and you will see the upload attachment section now has the name of your file, like this (mine is named 'skull1'). Click on the 'Add the file' button to the right:
upload3.png
A little box will pop up with a symbol that says it's loading. Depending on your internet speed and the size of the file being uploaded it may be quick or take a few seconds (mine was so fast I couldn't get a picture of it lol)

And then you will see above the 'preview'/'submit'/etc buttons your file name (mine is again 'skull1') next to a button that says 'place inline':
upload4.png
In the text box where you normally type your posts/replies, put your cursor where you want the picture to be and then click the 'place inline' button as seen here (it will put the name of the file between two attachment tags):
upload5.png
Once you hit preview or submit your post, it should work and display the photo like this...

I am putting my cursor below here, so the picture will be below this line of text:
skull1.jpg
skull1.jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 1507 times

If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement to this post, please let me know.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I would like to add, more often than not the picture size has to be resized before it will allow you to upload. So right click on the pic, open in paint, click the resize option, go to the pixels and type in new dementions. Click save and upload the newly sized file in the directions Eilana described.

Great post E ^^ I remember being new trying to upload something for the first time lol.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”