Demons for beginners

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Noctifera wrote: the other day in a certain chat you were asking something along the lines of 'where can I find demons for less money',
I admit I had a quietly horrified moment when I thought about all the people I've seen in the last ten years who went with the "cheaper" option when it came to demons...

I have too much to say about this to get into it in this thread, but... Mzu... trust me. Cheap is not always better... sometimes, cheap is a Very Bad Thing. :hug: :scareddevil: :devilcry:
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Noctifera wrote:
Passchendaele wrote:my Little Voice answered. "At the beginning." Smart-ass Little Voice.
Funny, my smart-ass little voice usually tells me to start in betwixt and see where I wind up.

I think every one of those inner voices must be completely unique, and hence our journeys and the ways in which we engage them.
So what we're learning here is.. attune to the inner voice, the way it is; and then just do what it says, or you never will..

For Mizu, Nycto's post is sound. Take it deeply into consideration.
Stop focusing on expenses, the other day in a certain chat you were asking something along the lines of 'where can I find demons for less money', and when asked then why you wanted to work with them I recall your uncertainty, and from your response believe you're more curious about demonic energy ..what it means and what it amounts to at this point. Simply educating yourself through the means provided by those experienced is a better place to get what you are truly looking for.

Please don't fall into traps of convenience (cheaper, faster, less questions, less answers, to get what you think you want), it's a mistake. You're young, I don't like to judge people by age at all but you're still forming and stuff and don't want to mess up the integrity of your future engaging with the metaphysical, or ruin the experience of demons with all of the masquerading bs out there. There's a good bet you are wading around in media-fueled preconceptions of demons for that matter.
Don't allow 'I want it and I want it now' to take over when you can't even comprehend your draw to it or what it is. Take time to relish in the unique experience of discovery, and piecing together-ness.
Way back in the day, (Like, last summer) I was working on a necklace I wished to consecrate to Lilith. Um...actually, I think that is why I came here in the first place, I wanted some practical advice on performing a consecration ritual, and my Little Voice told me at that time," What is in your heart is more important than the gestures you make, or the words you say."
My Little Voice was completely accurate. Empty words and meaningless motions do nothing, accomplish nothing other than giving the person performing and saying them a sense of "accomplishment" I wasn't an Irish Catholic for nothing! I know empty gestures and meaningless words!

And my Voice was right on so many levels, from "Rookie" to "Ascended Master" the question is, Where is your heart? your True Self? Only from there is there real learning, real growth. Our paths are our own, not because "superior beings," have decreed it so, but because this Path is the path we have freely chosen.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”