Is it offensive if you only want to work with a demon one time?

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Blu
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Usually we have our companions or our Patron demons we work with.
But what if you need help from a demon for only one time, is it offensive to call them?
Lets say you or somebody you know is sick and you want to call Lord Marbas for healing.
But the problem is you never called him befor nor did you feel a connection/preference for him.
How would it work out if you would call him and he knows that he is called only for this one purpose?
Are demons fine with it when you call them only one time?
I saw this on Koettings forum a few times and on youtube as well when people for instance called Bune or
Clauneck for money but only if the need money.
Otherwise they don`t care about the personal connection to the Dark Lord or Lady.
"Loyalty is more important to me than money"Franz Sanchez from the James Bond movie Licence to Kill
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

I'd say probably not, but maybe it depends a lot on who, how, why and etc.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

That's where offerings come into play. Of course you could also make a contract/trade or whatever. But you'd have to talk to them and find an agreement.
Of course they could do it for free, but it's not guaranteed they do it, if you just ask them to. Especially without an offering.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Whiski wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:30 pm
In most cases I would think not. I don't think this kind of a being is going to hold asking for help against you. Asking for help is a good thing, it shows that you're someone who doesn't neglect potential resources.
Whiski wrote:
Lets say you or somebody you know is sick and you want to call Lord Marbas for healing.
But the problem is you never called him befor nor did you feel a connection/preference for him.
How would it work out if you would call him and he knows that he is called only for this one purpose?
Building a relationship is a factor that increases the likelihood of effectiveness, but I don't think it's an absolutely necessary requisite. Your neighbor that you talk to often is more likely to let you borrow a cup of sugar than your neighbor who you have never spoken to before. As long as you're respectful and treat them with due respect rather than as just some tool to accomplish something, I don't see any cause for a problem. Most likely it will either work out or you'll be turned down politely.

For the example in question, healing is kind of something he's known for. I haven't worked with him specifically, but maybe he's into it? Maybe he likes to do that sort of thing because it's his thing?

as Aprophis said, an offering is a good way to increase the likelihood of a favorable outcome.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Probably not, as long as it's from a place of respect. As mentioned earlier, an offering is a good way to communicate your sincere gratitude to him for his assistance.
Just research the demon before doing so just in case, maybe there is a demon that may not like that? Personally I probably wouldn't want to do that if it were Marquis Andras for example.
I don't know, maybe someone knows more on the matter?

I have been doing something similar with Marbas, but I have addressed him quietly by chanting to his enn before asking him for guidance. I have some family members who are gravely ill, and one day I nearly got emotional and incidentally reached out to him for help. I would sometimes feel guilty for doing so because I had not formally invited him, with sigil , chants etc. like I had originally planned to and probably should have in any case, but I have told him each time I had reached out to him, that I promised to connect with him formally soon and that I will be working with him more often in the future, so it's not a one off thing. This past month, there has been some sudden, unusual shifts in my own life regarding health that could possibly help some of my family members too, as I was only asking for any solution for them, and only them,not for me, but the matter seems to be integrally connected to me also. It sort of happened a few weeks ago when I've decided to select his sigil, then added it in my other personal blog, meditated on it closely and mentally uttered, "I'm going to be working with you ". I then forgot about it afterwards, and went about my day. Later that week, things started shifting suddenly that made me question a lot of things, health wise, which hasn't happened in a long while before. I think possibly, maybe Marbas had a hand in it and sort of shoved me in that "current" to some resources that I had overlooked before. It's a long, complicated story and probably for another post someday. I might add it in a future post as the situation progresses.
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Shershah.chowdhury

Blu wrote:
Usually we have our companions or our Patron demons we work with.
But what if you need help from a demon for only one time, is it offensive to call them?
Are demons fine with it when you call them only one time?
I saw this on Koettings forum a few times and on youtube as well when people for instance called Bune or
Clauneck for money but only if the need money.
Otherwise they don`t care about the personal connection to the Dark Lord or Lady.
I dont work with dark lords or walk left hand path and im not an expert in this but i do know that some demons can want a business only type relationship where you and the demon have a temporary relationship where you want them to do something and they want a offering of some sort in return and once they do the job intended by the conjurer or for the keeper they leave.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”