Rosary finding

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Many years ago I was going through a divorce and during the process of moving into my new house, I had to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks. One day a friend was with me as I was moving stuff from the room to the new house and he dropped something of his, which landed and kind of bounced under the bed. He bent to look under there for it, and jumped back, saying there was a snake or something under the bed! I thought he was clowning around and looked, and sure enough, I too saw the snake. At first we were both nervous, and when we looked again we even thought it had moved. We were both pretty freaked out at first, but I finally got up enough courage to reach under the bed and catch it. As I got down to try and grab it, I looked under the bed and where the “snake” was, there lay a simple wooden rosary, with beads strung together with twine that was tied into little knots in between the beads, and a simple wooden cross on it with no image of Jesus on it... unlike most rosaries. For some reason I grabbed it and kept it, then forgot all about it.
Now, over 15 years later, I was looking for something and that rosary showed up in a storage box full of odds and ends. It seems almost like a sign that I should be following through with something I have been contemplating. One thing about me is that I am very independent and self sufficient... I work for no one because I am a stubborn and hard headed person and I take orders from no one. I have lots of things I do on my own to get by... I train dogs, grow organic produce to sell at the local farmers market, I grow medicinal plants for medical cannabis patients, I own several 1900 lines which I answer myself, and I am also a retired fitness trainer so I create personalized fitness programs for people and do online counseling with them. It is fall and the growing season is at an end, so I have been thinking about making customized strands of 108 beads, which would be made from semiprecious stones with crystals of ones choice at either end , and sell them online. It’s an idea I kind of put out of my mind, but all night I kept thinking about it again, then the rosary shows up... which are often used to keep track when chanting enns. I don’t believe in coincidence, so I know there is a significance to the rosary showing up after all these years.
The question I have is what would be the best way to cleanse it of any negative energy? I really don’t feel anything bad about the rosary and in fact, for some reason, I am very drawn to it. It seems to have some kind of powerful dark energy about it though that I can feel strongly. I am in fact fascinated with it for some reason, which is just plain odd for me. The energy I feel from it feels very dark, very Demonic actually., and I love it! What do you guys all think about this?
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

While "rosary" has specific christian connotations, and the fact that a cross is attached kinda drives that point home, "prayer beads" do not belong to any one religion. They are a tool of aiding focus while meditating and are used as such around the world. It might not be a bad idea to cleanse them, not so much because they might have "jesus cooties" than it is a way of truly making them your own.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Obsidian Goddess

Passchendaele wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:07 am
While "rosary" has specific christian connotations, and the fact that a cross is attached kinda drives that point home, "prayer beads" do not belong to any one religion. They are a tool of aiding focus while meditating and are used as such around the world. It might not be a bad idea to cleanse them, not so much because they might have "jesus cooties" than it is a way of truly making them your own.
I agree with you. It wasn’t so much the cross on it that made me a bit leary, but just not knowing who it belonged to before and what kind of “cooties” they may have left on it. One thing I noticed was that there was no Jesus on the cross like a rosary, but a small hole in the center of it, as if someone had removed the Jesus symbol from it. I actually have come up with a cleansing ritual for it that I am going to perform tonight. I usually do a cleansing ritual that involves burying an object in the earth for a while but because of the materials it is made of, I didn’t want to use that method. I had thought about throwing it away but I held it in my hands and focused on the energies I felt from it and I had a really incredible experience that revealed the true significance of my finding it. I have since decided to keep it and will be posting about it again soon in general discussion as I feel it is an experience worth sharing.
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Yrtys
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Crosses
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

A cross on its self is fine as it is a symbol that has been used for many things, (shit tons of people have died on them not associated to the christian religion)

A while back Akelta made this blog post talking about crosses and the various kinds of crosses https://satanandsuns.com/blog/a-discussion-of-crosses/

Dont shy away from something just because your first thought is of a certain religion.
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

“Jesus cooties” ... Passchendaele, l laughed so hard I forgot what I was going to say.

I was taught that mixing the energies ... adding a pinch of white to the pot of black so to speak ... makes the magic stronger, more flexible and thus potentially more toxic. That pops into my mind reading your post and feeling the rosary energies.
Once I was clear what the attraction was to the item, I would find a way to use it.
"Good morning. I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

I'm fond of rosaries and other 'holy' relics. They can be utilized in their original religious significance if you aren't too shy to partake of that presence, or they can have their essence inverted quite easily for adversarial use, or they can be used in various folk charms which bridge a way between holiness and unholiness for wickedly potent magic.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Obsidian Goddess

I actually like rosaries too, for those reasons you mention. They are very versatile, and aside from all that they are just plain pretty to look at...lol!. The reason I got a bit uncomfortable about this particular one was that I had found it, and I am very empathic. I was able to pick up on energies of the previous owner, and what I felt was foggy confusion and lots of sludge...lots. I myself was at a major crossroads in my life at the time I found it, and when I meditated upon this recently, I realized that finding the rosary was no coincidence, because it helped me see what road I could have taken, what could have been as the result... and that opened my eyes to how strong and resilient I really am and it made me very, very grateful for being who I am. So, I cleansed the rosary using sea salt and water, and I use it every morning at 12am when I start my day to say Belial's Enn during my meditation and prayer time. The ritual is just part of the pact we have and I think He appreciates the many little jokes we have shared about the rosary...lol!

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”