Using Flameless Candles for Magick and Offerings

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

The primordial energy of flame works for me
Not so sure about electronic substitutes
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Noctua wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 pm
I admit I haven't read through this entire thread. I mean no disrespect.
I'm just gonna say, when an offering begs for fire and it's not the candle type that I can make or that they ask for, I am offering other contributions which resonate with the fire element. Such as hot peppers (there exists a world of peppers... different extremes which different presences are fond of).

I think replacing candlelight is simple if we understand what the candlelight represents.
I really like this idea, and thank you. While I can't imagine replacing candles anytime soon... the idea of using other items which have fire as a correspondent would definitely help me bridge the gap I have in my mind.
Kharybdis wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:30 pm
I use flameless candles in places I cannot have an actual flame (at work, in small spaces where they would be lit on fire otherwise, etc.) and as constant passive offerings for certain deities. I have a flameless pillar in black and white for Hel that, when lit, gives off an eerie purplish white color of light on her altar space, and it is set on a timer so that it comes on and turns off at consistent times every single day, without fail. I also have a similar candle for Odin and Freyja, in more natural colors, which lights and goes off a little earlier than Hel's candle does. As a passive offering, it works well. When I notice it lit, I give a little acknowledgement to the deities in question. At work, I have a little orange LED tea light for Forneus that I "light" every day after my first teaching period and "extinguish" when I leave for the day.

These offerings have not been rejected in any capacity by the deities they are offered to, but they are also not my only point of contact, either. When I can, I offer them regular-ass candles lit in their honor, and I generally use regular-ass candles for spellwork as I find the intensity of fire to be more useful, productive, and potent.

Dismissing "flameless" candles outright seems rather foolish to me, as they have numerous practical applications especially in conjunction with other focused workings, but y'know. Using something as an anchor point for an astral overlay is sometimes one's best and only option, even if it would be "ideal" to use other tools. An LED flameless candle serves as a convenient point of reference for me to overlay the energy I need when I do not have access to the 'real thing,' as it were, and allows me to do quick offerings and magic in a pinch.
I think this is such an amazing idea - to have them on timers so that they catch your eye, your awareness, and remind you to stop and focus every now and then...

As a person with no small amount of both memory dysfunction AND executive dysfunction, having such reminders would be wonderful, and while I'm still not really sure, despite Noc's additions, of using flameless candles in rituals or spells, THIS seems like something that would be really helpful for me.

So now I'm going to look for some flameless candles with timers, so little flashing lights will remind me that it's a good time to connect! Thanks!
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
PorkyPig

As a rookie, I do not know: flame-less candles can spoil the whole atmosphere, in a certain way. :deviljaw:
On the other side, you can write seals on the them, color them and personalize them permanently. :crazy:
Perhaps if you are a person who gets easily distracted (like me) they are a good option as they minimize risks of sudden fires. :devilflame:
However, if you do not like wax, there are stearin candles too.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”