Demonosophy and Patrons

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Nox
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lord Lucifer, King Paimon, Prince Stolas
Your favourite Demon?: All of them!
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Hello!

So, the main part of my studies has been Demonolatry specifically. In it, it says that someone only has one patron or patroness, and any other demons they work with is part of their overall pantheon and/or a mentor. I've noticed that here on the forum, "patron" is described as "demon you work with." Is this something connected to Demonosophy? I'm curious if in Demonosophy there can be more than one patron, compared to Demonolatry's single patron, and if so, how that works. :)devil:

As an aside, I'm grateful there's accessible knowledge to be found here about Demonosophy; after reading into a bit of what's been posted, it's something I'm feeling more drawn to compared to Demonolatry. Thank y'all!
Alexandrine
Patron Deities: Hellenic
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral, Divinity, Abyssal

I'd say go with your gut. Even if demonosophy goes more one way than the other, it doesn't matter. If you want multiple patrons, you can have them. It's between you and the demons/gods you work with and worship!
Nox

Valerian wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:46 pm
I'd say go with your gut. Even if demonosophy goes more one way than the other, it doesn't matter. If you want multiple patrons, you can have them. It's between you and the demons/gods you work with and worship!
That's a fair point! I just worry about what's more rules vs guidelines, so to speak. Like in demonolatry, it seems to be a hard rule that you can only have one patron, period. At least, that's what I was told on top of the research I've done. And if I pursue a specific path, I want to make sure that I'm respectful and going about things the right way. ^^
Alexandrine
Patron Deities: Hellenic
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral, Divinity, Abyssal

Nox wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:34 am
Valerian wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:46 pm
That's a fair point! I just worry about what's more rules vs guidelines, so to speak. Like in demonolatry, it seems to be a hard rule that you can only have one patron, period. At least, that's what I was told on top of the research I've done. And if I pursue a specific path, I want to make sure that I'm respectful and going about things the right way. ^^
AFAIK demonosophy is an ever evolving concept that the coven pioneered but there's no hard and fast rules to it yet. Tho I believe Eilana is going to put out a book about it at some point!
Valos

Seconding Valerian here.

Ultimately your practice is up to you and what works for you, and while a lot of resources are good starting points they're not a one-size-fits-all sort of thing.
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

There is a wide, fertile valley that runs between the misty Mountains of Dogmatism and the parched Desert of Anarchy.
I won't say there are no rules, you will find sign posts along the way through the valley, but there is no super highway that everybody follows to some glittering peak.
You may find like-minded people gathering at various points along the way; but in the end, each of us has their own unique path to follow and their own unique destinations to find.
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Nox

Thank you all for your responses. You're all right. I also got a gentle knock from Prince Stolas about holding myself back worrying so much about concrete rules and such. XD I'm going to work on worrying less, and letting myself go where I feel drawn to. ♥
Le Pautrain

Nox wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:10 am
Thank you all for your responses. You're all right. I also got a gentle knock from Prince Stolas about holding myself back worrying so much about concrete rules and such. XD I'm going to work on worrying less, and letting myself go where I feel drawn to. ♥
HI, Nox!

Sorry for being a little late (I'm not so english fluent), I just want you to know this is the hardest part of a practice. I'm constantly worrying about somehtung, holing myself back... I'm trying to follow my feelings for a few months now and it feels incredible. It's almost funny, because when I started to do so, I found... my Patron!

I can't wait to see where it will lead you! Oh, and good luck for your stydu on the Demonosophy!
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I'm relatively new to the LHP, but I've been practicing magick for a good many years; and you never stop learning.
Always be aware of what others are doing and how well it might fit in for you.
Your paths will differ and some things won't fit with your personal paradigm, but there is always something new around that will either replace or blend with something you've been doing to create a new paradigm that will work better for you.
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

My impression of that "one patron/ess" rule is that it is really just someone's opinion.

Read, study, and learn what you can from multiple sources. And, follow your intuition.

At first, I thought I would only have one patroness, Lilith. But, Astaroth was bugging me a lot about it. I sent a lot of time talking to both of them about it and meditating on it.

Now, I have 2 patronesses. There were a few other spirits I felt really close to and asked about them. I felt a hard "No".

Your path is your path, not anyone else's.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”