How do planetary correspondences play into working with demons?

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
bafomet

Hello! I am curious what role planetary correspondences can play in working with the demonic. And how does a demon become associated with a planet? How does one learn of their correspondences in the first place, aside from the experiences of others? Can a demons planetary association vary from person to person?

Thank you!
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

bafomet wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:23 am
Hello! I am curious what role planetary correspondences can play in working with the demonic.
I'm going to say it's an astrological correspondence to the demon's nature.
For example, Halphas is associated with war and Zepar with consuming sexual passions, both of which would suggest an association with Mars energies.
Mammon, OTOH, is associated with wealth and sudden transformations, which I would attribute to Jupiter and/or Pluto
Can a demons planetary association vary from person to person?
To a point.
I find that my meditations go better when the moon is favorably positioned relative to my sun, and likewise, I find that I connect better with demons associated with astrological points that fit harmoniously with my own chart.

Also, they have a number of aspects, so you might find that you connect better with one aspect than another.
For example, the Goddess of Love often has a Warrior aspect, suggesting a Mars/Venus polarity, so we might both interact with the same being and come away with very different experiences
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
flywithbats666

Hmmm..well Wednesday is the day of Mercury, mercury rules communication....so i say on that day, communication (of any kind) with any demon of choice is fair game. But i wouldn't limit myself to only communicating with demons to that day only. Just keep practicing.
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I would say that unless a demon is connected to a specific planetary spirit (or sets of spirits) that generally they are not individually connected to planets, though I'm sure that there are some who are because of the latter case. Or because of what they do. And this tends to be the reason I would personally use for connecting any demon to a planet who doesn't already have an energetic connection to it but in the point of utilizing planetary magic with the demon to perform a specific result.
If its communication, I may work with the demon in connection the planetary power of Mercury.
Wealth and business, Jupiter.
And so on.

If their specialization is in that area of influence dominated by a planetary force, it would be a good addition.

Of course this is keeping in mind that planets have their own spirits so it would likely be a cooperative working between the demon and the planetary spirit (s) of one's choice if they aren't already aligned with the spirits of that planet.

For instance. I work with Turiel, the fallen watcher in terms of connection to the energy of Jupiter. Or I might go to the god Jupiter and connect to the planet through the providence of the deity its named for.
But I also have four demons who are all about manifesting wealth and prosperity whom I work with toward that end and could infuse a joint effort through the planetary spirits and deities as noted above whether that be demons connected to the planet, celestials, gods etc.
So there is definitely a way to work with demons in association with planetary aligned energy.

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”