Beginning Connecting with Demons/ Dark Lords

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Satyra

What is a Demon ? A demon literally means “divine intelligence replete with wisdom.” It comes from the greek word “daimon” It wasnt until Christianity that the word “demon” became synonymous with “evil”.
I found this interesting tidbit from http://www.etymonline.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:

demon (n.)
c.1200, from Latin daemon "spirit," from Greek daimon "deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune;" from PIE *dai-mon- "divider, provider" (of fortunes or destinies), from root *da- "to divide" (see tide (n.)).

Used (with daimonion) in Christian Greek translations and Vulgate for "god of the heathen" and "unclean spirit." Jewish authors earlier had employed the Greek word in this sense, using it to render shedim "lords, idols" in the Septuagint, and Matt. viii:31 has daimones, translated as deofol in Old English, feend or deuil in Middle English. Another Old English word for this was hellcniht, literally "hell-knight."

The original mythological sense is sometimes written daemon for purposes of distinction. The Demon of Socrates was a daimonion, a "divine principle or inward oracle." His accusers, and later the Church Fathers, however, represented this otherwise. The Demon Star (1895) is Algol

Respect- The first thing in making a connection with ANY Demon Lord is Approach with Respect. This really cannot be stressed enough. Demons will mirror you- if you are respectful you will get respect in return. if you are cocky and commanding you could end up getting hurt. While they are not villianous monsters, they are not puppies and rainbows. Really it boils down to what our parents taught us as children: Treat others as you wish to be treated.

OFFERINGS-
Candles, incense, other offerings
Candles are great, if you know the demons sigil, carving that on the candle then meditating while staring into the flame is a good way for a beginner to connect. A corresponding incense is a wonderful idea too. Many Demons have a corresponding element, rank or office so if you can match as close as possible that is the goal. If you dont have close correspondences, its not an issue, its just a sign of respect to the demon Lord you are trying to connect with. For example, when I personally connect with Lord Belial, i will light Brown or green candles, as he is the Earth elemental in Demonolatry. I also burn mullein and patchouli incenses. sometimes i will offer an apple as well.
For Lord Leviathan i use blue, purple or white candles, sea salt and water, sea shells, if i go to a beach ill bring back some seaweed. Incense, id use violet, lemon, yarrow… any of the water elemental type herbs and incense.
**Try to keep in mind your Demon’s element. You wouldnt want to give an earth offering to a water, you wouldnt offer a water based offering to a fire, etc. Its all about trying to make the Demon as comfortable as possible and actually want to come to you. [/b-]

Enns.
What are Enns? Enns are the “calling card” of each Dark Lord. It is a way to contact them directly by calling on them in a demonic language . Enns were discovered in grimoires of old Demonolatry families. Interesting to note the Families did not always know one another but still ended up with the same or similar Enns and sigils!

how did they get the enns? It is said the Demons give the Enns through Demonic Ascension. Same with how we got their sigils.

How do you use them?
You use enns to connect. Vibrating the Enn will call the Demon to you. You dont have to see the Demon with your physical eyes to know he is there. you may feel a bit lightheaded, a moment of dizziness, maybe a slight change in temperature. even if you dont feel anything, thats ok, you are being listened to!
Vibrate the Enn here is an example….
I’ll use Lord Rosier, The Demon Lord of Love - he genuinely is a really good guy.

Serena Alora Rosier Aken (Enn to be vibrated) If it is a simple prayer/request you vibrate the Enn, Make your request, then thanks.

What do we mean when we say vibrate the Enn? Heres a quick exercise of vibrating practice. You might want to make sure no one is around- it does sound funny!
lower your voice a bit, say long and drawn out “Loooooooooooooo” do you feel how it has a “low vibration” to it? Do you feel it in your throat/chest area? now use your voice to bring it up to a higher pitch. Do you feel the vibration moving from your chest and up up up to your nose or even forehead? Next, play with the Enn and try the various tones of the vibrations. See which tones work best for you.

Prayer-
In demonolatry we pray. Prayer is defined as a ‘a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to a deity’. You dont have to throw yourself down on the ground, hands and knees, begging and pleading or anything like that. Just a simple heartfelt request for help and/or a thank you.

So lets say you wanted to pray to Rosier to help you grow in self love . Youd say something like

Lord Rosier,
Please help me to identify my blocks so that i may learn to love myself and manifest great things in my life
Thank You for Your help,
(Amen… or So be it.. or however you wish to end !)

(*Amen is not a Christian thing. it derives from Amen-Ra . It was started as a way of sending a prayer to the Most High and Hidden God, believed in Ancient Egypt to be Amen-Ra. Amen being the hidden side. -S. Connolly** Ive also personally found different explanations for it that are similar, including it being a translation of “so be it” - point is, it is another phrase adapted and made popular by Christian culture but is still acceptable in demonolatry as a prayer ending. It’s all entirely up to your own comfort level)

Meditation-
Meditate with the Demon of your choice. You really wont get far unless you learn to meditate! Try concentrating on Him/Her for 15 minutes a day to start. Focus solely on them, their attributes, what you want to achieve with them as your guide/help. Many times, depending on your ability to meditate and how finely tuned your senses are, a Demon can actually visit you and have a conversation!

Sigils
I love to use sigils to connect. A sigil is a symbol that represents the Demon the Demon has given through demonic ascension, again like the Enns.

Sigil use- you can connect with a Demon through its sigil various ways. One way is by writing the sigil on a piece of paper then concentrating on the sigil as you meditate.
-Another way is take a piece of paper with the sigil on it , fold it, and place it in your pillow case.
-You can place a sigil under your mattress
-you can wear the sigil on a piece of jewelry
-Sigil art- the act of making a sigil into an artwork, ie painting, jewelry, etc can connect you with the Demon .
-you can put the sigil on a piece of paper, the request on the back, then burn it. this changes the energy to an offering.
loumandi

Hi Satyra,

I like the post very much and learned a lot from it. I have a question regarding Enns. Do divine demons also have demonic enns? I'm asking because I would like to know if my Divine Demon King V also have an Enn of his own. The enns that you're referring here are mostly for the dark lords? Thank you very much.

:fulldevil:
BravoOmega8

OMG! I am now in an internet cafe-an unlikely place to meditate and with the loud music coming from the receptionist area.I tried the Enn and I got these phrases "I love you" and I know that was not from me.I will try this again. Thanks for the valuable info Satyra.
Sapphire
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Thanks for the information. It is very useful. I didn't know you could use sigils that way. I have a question, could Lord Rosier be someone's patron? I haven't seen anyone who has him as their patron so I am curious. Could any of the demon lords be someone's patron?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Rumi
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Sapphire wrote:Thanks for the information. It is very useful. I didn't know you could use sigils that way. I have a question, could Lord Rosier be someone's patron? I haven't seen anyone who has him as their patron so I am curious. Could any of the demon lords be someone's patron?
Great question Sapphire, I would say any Demon you want could be your patron. It's all up to what feels right and works for you. Just because everyone else is doing something, doesn't mean it's the best choice. Or just because no one else is doing certain things, doesn't mean they aren't viable options ^-^
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Sapphire
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Eilana wrote:
Sapphire wrote:Thanks for the information. It is very useful. I didn't know you could use sigils that way. I have a question, could Lord Rosier be someone's patron? I haven't seen anyone who has him as their patron so I am curious. Could any of the demon lords be someone's patron?
Great question Sapphire, I would say any Demon you want could be your patron. It's all up to what feels right and works for you. Just because everyone else is doing something, doesn't mean it's the best choice. Or just because no one else is doing certain things, doesn't mean they aren't viable options ^-^

Thanks for answering Eilana. That makes sense. :)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Rumi
Satyra

Hi Sapphire :) Any Demon Lord can be a Patron. It is about choosing a patron that resonates with you that you've got a good working relationship or deep spiritual affection for. You can still work with any and all demon lords , choosing a patron doesn't exclude you from working closely with and interacting with others. You don't hear about Rosier being Patron much simply because He is not as *flash* or *trendy* as some of the others lol. He is a fantastic patron for those on the path of self love and love for others however.
goaldigger123
Patron Deities: bune
Your favourite Demon?: wealth
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Satyra wrote:
Hi Sapphire :) Any Demon Lord can be a Patron. It is about choosing a patron that resonates with you that you've got a good working relationship or deep spiritual affection for. You can still work with any and all demon lords , choosing a patron doesn't exclude you from working closely with and interacting with others. You don't hear about Rosier being Patron much simply because He is not as *flash* or *trendy* as some of the others lol. He is a fantastic patron for those on the path of self love and love for others however.
Great insight satyra ♥♥♥♥
(We are all being played in one form or another. I guess it comes down to how you are being played, are you being played in a way that benefits you and will overall lead you to your goals and be a win win situation for the parties involved, or are you being played in a way that will be harmful and destructive.) - Akelta Wilde

(Half asian half amazin :-* )
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

When selecting a patron that is the best thing, to follow your heart and not go with the most flashy or the most popular demon, but the one that resonates with you and speaks to your personal path and journey.

This is why some people take years to choose their patron.
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

I still haven't chosen my patron yet. When I first started I had no idea how to even start working towards that. There are just so many options it can seem a bit overwhelming :lol:

Recently though, I've been thinking of someone in particular LOL but, I'm still not rushing into it.

Deep spiritual affection.... yes *laughs*
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”