Thoughts on Offerings

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

I was posting about Belial on another forum (Creepy Hollows) and it sparked an interesting discussion with my coven sisters on offerings. There are some offerings that I give that are not listed in the books and things that I am just inspired to give to particular Dark Lords. Or things that they ask for; Like Mammon asking for Oud. The conclusion that we came to was this....

When you are working with a particular demon, the offerings that you give them will vary as offering are as personal as the individual connection between human and demon/dark lord. Some of the dark lords, connections with them are built over years and as your relationship with them unfolds they may ask for different things as that relationship evolves. Even demon colours, Lucifer colour is listed as yellow, I have and always will see him as blue.

What is an offering? It is a transference of energy. Different frequencies and perhaps our personal frequencies and connection to that demon resonate at different frequencies, so offerings may vary based on your individual frequencies or how we connect with that dark lord. I also find the offering can vary based on seasons. I like to give Belial Mint during the spring and Pine during the winter. This may also have to do with how my energies connect to Belial at those times. Maybe it is not so much about the herb, but the energies between human and demon and how we connect to the individual. It really is a powerful and personal journey.

I worked with demons before I had books and Demonolatry, I was a Demonosopher before it had an official name and in the beginning I really followed my senses and listened to them and offered then what they asked for. They gave me to guidance, I didn't give herbs and offerings because a book told me so, I gave them because I was inspired to and because THEY told me to. Or I gave them things that I had because that was all I had. Sometimes I just have sat with them and talked and enjoyed their company. Treated them as a close friend and just build the connection on our conversations. Some of my greatest memories are just sitting with one Demon and talking to them, spending time with them and listening to their words of wisdom. I am always respectful and follow the inspiration and what they tell me when connecting, but sometimes it is unconventional and not by the book at all.

Knowing their elements I try to offer them things that fall within their element but over the years I have noticed that what they have inspired me to offer them, falls in that element anyway. Listening to their inspiration and guidance goes a long way to building deep connections and friendships with Demons.

Just some thoughts for today.
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Great post Akelta, offerings are something i hold near and dear because i give them almost nightly. Most of the time it's small, like lighting a candle in their honor with incense but I try to let them know I appreciate them.

They love food too, chicken seems to be the meat of choice, dark chocolate and whiskey. I feel silly when i bring my tray to my shrine but it's all good, Jay is supportive. I recently bought a bunch of crystals from my favorite shop and brought them all home and used a pendulum to allow each deity I work with choose their own.

herbs are a great idea.

but I can confirm that you are right, they will tell you what they want. How they do that is entirely based on your relationship but listen for the message.

BTW: i will be doing a podcast interview with my teacher next Tuesday on my switch from demonology to Demonolatry and why. I will be mentioning you in the podcast if that is okay but I wanted to see how you felt about my using your definitions about demons as support in descriptions? I am drawing a blank on which one you wrote but I liked it.
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

DoubleD wrote:Great post Akelta, offerings are something i hold near and dear because i give them almost nightly. Most of the time it's small, like lighting a candle in their honor with incense but I try to let them know I appreciate them.

They love food too, chicken seems to be the meat of choice, dark chocolate and whiskey. I feel silly when i bring my tray to my shrine but it's all good, Jay is supportive. I recently bought a bunch of crystals from my favorite shop and brought them all home and used a pendulum to allow each deity I work with choose their own.

herbs are a great idea.

but I can confirm that you are right, they will tell you what they want. How they do that is entirely based on your relationship but listen for the message.

BTW: i will be doing a podcast interview with my teacher next Tuesday on my switch from demonology to Demonolatry and why. I will be mentioning you in the podcast if that is okay but I wanted to see how you felt about my using your definitions about demons as support in descriptions? I am drawing a blank on which one you wrote but I liked it.
Thank you so much DD :) I am glad you enjoyed it. That is wonderful that you give nightly offerings to everyone you are working with. I find that rituals like that help to bring us closer to the ones we work with and also it shows that we appreciate them. Offerings are such an amazing way to show gratitude and appreciation. I will often buy things to and let the Demons I work with choose what they want for their altars. Though LOL recently I have been working with a new demon who has been wanting items on other demons altars LOL.

Yes! I forgot about food! I know Azazel enjoys steak for an offering.

That is really exciting about your podcast, I wouldn't mind at all, thank you so much, I am honoured, please feel free to use any information on the forum if it will help. I would love to hear it also when it is all ready to go. Feel free to post the link on the forum. I am sure it is going to be amazing and I am looking forward to hearing it!
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
Yllidra
Patron Deities: Lord Leviathan
Your favourite Demon?: Leviathan, Satan, Lucifer, Belial
Number of Demon Familiars: 99

Great article Akelta! I find it most appropriate to follow my intuition, I see what is suggested in the books as just that, suggestions, really I know my relationship with my deities the best. And DoubleD I am just about to listen to your interview, I am very excited!
The first time I called myself a 'Witch' was the most magical moment of my life.
Margot Adler,

Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.
~unknown~

Most witches dont believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they dont believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.
Terry Pratchett
Satyra

They also tend to like things that make you vibrate at a certain level. For example- I have a friend who is vegetarian so offering things like meat for HER wouldn't necessarily make the energy the offering was given in translate to that reverent energy, which is the end goal of any offering. Instead she offers non meat items, still within their element (keeping in mind some Daemons have multiple elements depending on the aspect being invoked) so the reverence and energetic vibration of offering comes through as intended.

Excellent post Akelta and great points made!
DoubleD

S:

You bring up an excellent point about offering items that resonate with you, I hadn't thought of that. Mine seem to really enjoy Chicken, when I am in with my Clairvoyant they keep telling her chicken so that is what i offer. a couple weeks ago I tried raw chicken and well they didn't enjoy it as much as the cooked so now I cook it differently each time. Last night I made them chicken cooked in wine and offered some hard cider with it. I will be using the hard cider this morning to crock pop a pork roast for pork tacos tonight so we keep it all moving.

I found they also enjoy the sriracha.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

DoubleD wrote:S:

You bring up an excellent point about offering items that resonate with you, I hadn't thought of that. Mine seem to really enjoy Chicken, when I am in with my Clairvoyant they keep telling her chicken so that is what i offer. a couple weeks ago I tried raw chicken and well they didn't enjoy it as much as the cooked so now I cook it differently each time. Last night I made them chicken cooked in wine and offered some hard cider with it. I will be using the hard cider this morning to crock pop a pork roast for pork tacos tonight so we keep it all moving.

I found they also enjoy the sriracha.
damn. i wish i was one of your deities! that sounds delicious!!! :lol:
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
DoubleD

Magic:

I can't even tell you how often I hear that from my friends, my animals and those around me eat way better than most people. Cooking is one of my five love languages, thank god I cook healthy and we work out or we would all be little porkers around the house.

I have a picture of a plate I make for my Parrot daily, let me find that and load it up. you will die laughing. Not only do I care what they eat but plating is precious.. :)
DoubleD

here is a sample of what my parrot gets in her cage during the day. This is of course after her breakfast (which is like feeding a 2 year old) and it changes all the time. but it's a good idea of how I roll

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.88 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
Heidi

I usually give regular offerings (sometimes daily or multiple times a day) to a very wide range of spirits, both friendly spirits and spirits that are hostile towards me. Then I give special offerings to specific spirits in my keep, immortals, saints, spirits connected to talismans I work with etc when the mood strikes me, on their special days, when asking for their help or when I want to thank them for helping me or when I see something cool I believe they will enjoy. I always push energy into the incense smoke and shape it into whatever they would enjoy the most, and will it to multiply to infinity.

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”