Offerings: Blood

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Blood Offerings

Its smart before offering anything to a demon companion or Dark Lord to understand the WHYS of offering.

Particularly when it comes to blood offerings.

Why exactly do we make a blood offering to a Demon?
Our blood is our Life Force. There's not much more intimate an offering you can make. Generally this is done during ritual , to show that we are serious enough about a working or request that we are willing to share our life force. Our OWN life force. Its worth pointing out not every demon actually WANTS your blood. There are instances where they may even find it a distasteful practice. Knowing this comes with research and understanding of the forces you are working with. Don't offer blood that doesnt belong to you. it doesnt have the same power punch behind it- Unless a specific ritual calls for it or a demon asks for it. In which case you can go , lets say, to a butcher's or abbatior and ask them for X amount of pigs or cow's blood.

When dealing with blood you also get into the realm of creating energetic links to a demon or entity. I say entity because there are imposters that can pose as DL's (which ok, this isnt rife but it HAS happened before-especially when you are first starting out and havent the ability to discern a Demon's energy signature yet. ). Using someone or something elses blood can inadvertently create a link from the demon to themselves. If it is linked with a DL chances are nothing will transpire between donor and DL, but really, you dont want to chance that. There really is no basis to offer your companions animal or someone else's blood either. Unless you were doing a deep working where you offered your own as part off the ritual. But again, the average person ISNT going to need or perform blood sorcery - not without a lot of serious study first. And preferrably under the guidance of someone who knows what the hell they are doing. Why? Because if done improperly, it can go very wrong for the practitioner. Incidentally I have a very good friend , an author who is well known in the occult world, who thinks ANY blood offering is the most ridiculous and dangerous practice you can undertake. His general consensus is that in offering blood as part of any rite you are leaving yourself open to possession or risking becoming a "meal" to them. He works with demons and has been a Satanist for 30+ years.

There are many MANY other niceties we can offer our DL's and Companions that stay away from the blood sorcery realm. Food, drinks, crystals, artworks, learning about them, studying things they are interested in...
I have many altars around my house. For the DL's i work with exclusively, I dedicate one of my snakes to them. No, i do not sacrifice the snake. It is perfectly alive and well. I dedicate the snake and use the top of the vivarium as that DL's altar. I'll use Lord Belial as an example.

Lola is "his snake". She is a pastel python. When I first got her, I decided that a serpent is symbolic of the temptation of Eve in Eden. Though Lord Belial wasnt part of that particular myth, I know he is an earth demon, and not many animals are closer to the earth than a snake. She is beautiful, strong and i love her dearly so taking care of her is, in a way, my offering to Belial as well. She has become "his". I am merely the caretaker of her. When I do my rituals with Lord Belial, Lola always comes out to see. Sometimes I let her sit on the Altar while He and I have our discussion. Lord Belial is quite fond of her and she of him. Its very sweet to see this amazing Demon Lord being so gentle with such a (considered by many) lowly creature.

For my Hellborn Commander D, whom you've all seen me mention numerous times on the forum, I have "gifted" him with my 6 ft corn snake Samael. The reason this came about was because of his fascination for sammy when I first got him. This big huge hulking hellborn literally coo'd over this snake lol... And Sammy seemed to respond quite well to him, so they are a perfect match. It probably helps they are the same color orange/red :lol: D, being from teh chaotic hellborn realm, has never had a pet (or family until us) and it was the nicest thing I could think of doing to honor him. Youre part of our family, here have a pet :lol:

I've veered off of the blood topic and shared the snake story to show you that the sky really is the limit when you are trying to make a genuine offering from the heart to a companion or DL. Blood should be reserved for deep workings and only when you are sure you know what youre doing and WHY youre doing it. :)
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
user4558013
Your favourite Demon?: Rosier

Thank you so much for posting this, I was always curious as to the opinion of blood offerings. Even though I have yet to do it (I won't say I never will) it's always something that peaked a slight interest in me but I never bothered with it since I wasn't fully informed.
What a wonderful idea of dedicating pets to them though! I never thought of doing anything of that nature but it makes so much sense
Start and end every conversation with laughter.

You might as well laugh now because you’re going to laugh about it when you're further down the road anyways.
Darth Moronius

Ooh Anatel, I also like to ask how you usually do the blood offering, like the methods and stuff, if you don't mind. Do you smear it on the candle, on the sigil, or so on and so on :)devil:

Not that I'm going to do it, because I'm scared of needle and that kind of thing :unsuredevil: But it can be informational, because there are articles out there which involve blood, but not sure if they're the safe methods or not.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

Darth Moronius wrote:Ooh Anatel, I also like to ask how you usually do the blood offering, like the methods and stuff, if you don't mind. Do you smear it on the candle, on the sigil, or so on and so on :)devil:

Not that I'm going to do it, because I'm scared of needle and that kind of thing :unsuredevil: But it can be informational, because there are articles out there which involve blood, but not sure if they're the safe methods or not.
it depends on the working in all honesty. The type of working will depend on the place (on the body) its harvested from and the method used. My main method that im comfortable talking about is simple diabetic lancet on the tip of a finger. This is the safest and most sanitary way of doing it, also the most non invasive.
Where i put the blood will also be dictated by what the working is. There are times where i will dab blood on a crystal i use for specifically working with a particular dark lord because i want to intensify my intent , on a food offering if i want to offer a more intimate offering (and to display a sign of trust) On the candles if the candle itself is the focus of the ritual (ie i have a name or intent on it already- esp if its a major part of the working) - the sigil (on wood) ONLY if im doing very strong invocation or transvocation- this last method i do NOT recommend unless whoever tries it has some experience under their belt of regular transvocating first. The sigil (on paper) if im offering it to burn after the ritual .
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Akelta's Fan

Thanks Mommy...

This was such an AWESOME post filled with nectar of knowledge....

Your post has shown me mirror as to what not to do with blood...

Thanks a ton!
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Anatel, this is another great post and serves as an example of some of the various offering types and alternatives to blood magick. As you know better than I, and most everyone here, blood magick is indeed very powerful but also comes at some risk. It is wise for anyone - especially those starting off to read this and understand the reasons and potential pitfalls of this type of offering.

I also like how you get into some of the other alternative forms of offerings. Most people here are already familiar with the standard offering types - incense (especially incense of a variety they like), gemstones, etc. Phlan makes his demons music, which is an awesome offering. Others like to make their demons art work (which is equally as valid). I personally like to make sigils with my demons - that is, I connect with them and ask them to help me craft and create personal sigils to use when working with them. I then turn that into a form of art. I find that this is also something they like. As an alternative to incense, the use of essential oils in a diffuser also seems to make a good offering. And then there are the other forms as well. Many demons do enjoy those offerings of food, drink, etc. And once you get to know them, they'll start to let you know if they like something in particular, and then that can be used as an offering. With the dark lords, and many of the demons of the goetia, there is frequently a plethora of information that one can use as offerings to help make connections.

Yet another alternative to blood work is sexual fluid. This OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be used with every demon, nor should it be offered up casually. But, if you have a demon that is sexual in nature and you are willing to share that type of experience, sexual fluids can be used to make an offering nearly as strong as blood. And, depending on the demon in question, it can be equally or more useful in creating an energetic link between you and the demon. The most clear example of when you might want to offer sexual fluid would be if you have a personal companion succubus or incubus. When offering sexual fluids, you are sharing your life force with the demon in the same manner that you would use blood for another demon. In my experience, there are many demons who find this offering acceptable. There is another benefit of the utilization of sexual fluids as well - that is, if you're meditating with the demon that you intend the offering for during the process of generating the arousal required to produce the offering. Entering into a meditative state and focusing your effort and intent while raising your arousal can help to strengthen the bond between the practitioner and the demon you are connecting with. It also has a way of opening you up more to their energy and experience. And then, at the moment of climax, focusing ones energy into the offering and making that offering to the demon can be pleasing to the demon. Again, this is NOT a practice that should be used with just every demon; and truthfully she be avoided with most dark lords unless you're invited to do so. In other words, don't just go fapping to every sigil you find. But, if you have a succubus that you are close with and have some sort of bond with - by all means, experiment with offering sexual fluid (in addition to the other offerings you would make to that demon).

I have read in several books concerning the subject of blood offerings that there are some situations where blood work is requested but may not be practical with a given practioner. Say, for example, if you have some sort of disease or other medical condition which prevents blood offerings from being given. And there are a few other reasons why blood offerings might not be practical in one's particular situation (in addition to the warnings previously provided by Anatel). Most texts on the subject permit the substitution of sexual fluids, hair, saliva, and skin in place of blood (in that order). That should not be read as an endorsement of any of those methods, but merely as an example that there are other offerings of self that can be made in certain circumstances.

Still, I think the point remains that everyone should understand what they are offering and why they are offering it, If you don't have a good reason for such an intimate and personal offering as blood or sexual fluids - don't do it. As noted above and in Anatel's examples, there are plenty of other, perfectly suitable offerings and gifts that can be made to both demon companions and the dark lords. I would recommend starting with those. After all, blood (and other personal offerings), are really about intent and creating an energetic link between you or an object with a particular demon.

Thank you again, Anatel, for such an in depth and good post, This is important to all of us - most especially the beginners out there. I can't wait to read some of the others experiences! :devilthumbs:
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Darth Moronius

Anatel wrote: it depends on the working in all honesty. The type of working will depend on the place (on the body) its harvested from and the method used. My main method that im comfortable talking about is simple diabetic lancet on the tip of a finger. This is the safest and most sanitary way of doing it, also the most non invasive.
Eep :scareddevil:
Just imagining made my skin crawl. I still remember how I scream like a little kid during that kind of examination.

Anatel wrote: Where i put the blood will also be dictated by what the working is. There are times where i will dab blood on a crystal i use for specifically working with a particular dark lord because i want to intensify my intent , on a food offering if i want to offer a more intimate offering (and to display a sign of trust) On the candles if the candle itself is the focus of the ritual (ie i have a name or intent on it already- esp if its a major part of the working) - the sigil (on wood) ONLY if im doing very strong invocation or transvocation- this last method i do NOT recommend unless whoever tries it has some experience under their belt of regular transvocating first. The sigil (on paper) if im offering it to burn after the ritual .
Yep, that's a good info, thank you :)devil:
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

This is an amazing post on blood offerings! We all are called to work with demons in different ways and This is a great post on offering Blood. It is a very vast field of study and an art form in itself. There are so many factors to consider, where do you draw the blood from, how much is required. Again with working with blood understanding anatomy is important and also energy anatomy as being able to tell what energy is around the area that you are extracting the blood from. This is your life force and you want to be incredibly careful with it and for what it is being used for. There is also quantity, and safety to consider when collecting the blood. It is a very vast field of understanding and Anatel is one who understands it well. She has a incredible amount of experience on blood offerings and understands the complexity of their uses and collection methods.

My mentor told me he would never use any blood either then his own and even then he was careful for what purpose he used it for. He use to bring the realm gap between him and one of his demons. This was a demon he trusted explicitly and had spent YEARS forming a connection with. He used it to create a physical link and to bring his companion forward physically for a few minutes. He said the energy he expended doing that was incredible and he didn't collect enough blood for it to work longer then a couple of minutes. He had a warning to on anything he told me.

He said... "Like all spiritual studies the knowledge of blood workings runs deep, and if you are really called to embrace such areas where danger is prevalent, commit to it with mastery and dedication and always remember to mind your spiritual foundation."

I honour that, if you want to learn about an area of spirituality, especially one where dangers are prevalent. Be smart about it, commit to it and strive for mastery of it and learn the risks and how to manage them. It is definitely not something that is for everyone and really if you don't feel called to learn about it, don't feel like you have to.

off topic!!! :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana:

I have a lot of unique offerings I like to offer to my demon companions. One thing I do is dedicate activities to my demon companions. Paintings and creating art forms. I will sit with one of my demon companions and we will pic colours and they will give me an image, something that is special and significant to them and together we will work at creating it onto the art medium. Or they will just inspire me with something through their energies and together we will draw, paint or create that image. Then that picture is dedicated to them. I love offering paintings!

Our Coven has unique ways of connecting with demons, and offerings that we give. We will be posting more about them.
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
4bluefaeries
Patron Deities: light/dark deities
Your favourite Demon?: DC lady K DC D Son of Lucifer E 4king Hellborns,HH G imp L, lowborn soulmate
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I give blood offering 3 times a week,every week. I have vampires in my companionship,and I have a vampric demon prince, that requested it.

Now going back to read this thread,I know,I know I often comment before reading :lol:
Let 's not be divided,let's be united,for balance is key

user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:Blood Offerings

Its smart before offering anything to a demon companion or Dark Lord to understand the WHYS of offering.

Particularly when it comes to blood offerings.

Why exactly do we make a blood offering to a Demon?
Our blood is our Life Force. There's not much more intimate an offering you can make. Generally this is done during ritual , to show that we are serious enough about a working or request that we are willing to share our life force. Our OWN life force. Its worth pointing out not every demon actually WANTS your blood. There are instances where they may even find it a distasteful practice. Knowing this comes with research and understanding of the forces you are working with. Don't offer blood that doesnt belong to you. it doesnt have the same power punch behind it- Unless a specific ritual calls for it or a demon asks for it. In which case you can go , lets say, to a butcher's or abbatior and ask them for X amount of pigs or cow's blood.

When dealing with blood you also get into the realm of creating energetic links to a demon or entity. I say entity because there are imposters that can pose as DL's (which ok, this isnt rife but it HAS happened before-especially when you are first starting out and havent the ability to discern a Demon's energy signature yet. ). Using someone or something elses blood can inadvertently create a link from the demon to themselves. If it is linked with a DL chances are nothing will transpire between donor and DL, but really, you dont want to chance that. There really is no basis to offer your companions animal or someone else's blood either. Unless you were doing a deep working where you offered your own as part off the ritual. But again, the average person ISNT going to need or perform blood sorcery - not without a lot of serious study first. And preferrably under the guidance of someone who knows what the hell they are doing. Why? Because if done improperly, it can go very wrong for the practitioner. Incidentally I have a very good friend , an author who is well known in the occult world, who thinks ANY blood offering is the most ridiculous and dangerous practice you can undertake. His general consensus is that in offering blood as part of any rite you are leaving yourself open to possession or risking becoming a "meal" to them. He works with demons and has been a Satanist for 30+ years.

There are many MANY other niceties we can offer our DL's and Companions that stay away from the blood sorcery realm. Food, drinks, crystals, artworks, learning about them, studying things they are interested in...
I have many altars around my house. For the DL's i work with exclusively, I dedicate one of my snakes to them. No, i do not sacrifice the snake. It is perfectly alive and well. I dedicate the snake and use the top of the vivarium as that DL's altar. I'll use Lord Belial as an example.

Lola is "his snake". She is a pastel python. When I first got her, I decided that a serpent is symbolic of the temptation of Eve in Eden. Though Lord Belial wasnt part of that particular myth, I know he is an earth demon, and not many animals are closer to the earth than a snake. She is beautiful, strong and i love her dearly so taking care of her is, in a way, my offering to Belial as well. She has become "his". I am merely the caretaker of her. When I do my rituals with Lord Belial, Lola always comes out to see. Sometimes I let her sit on the Altar while He and I have our discussion. Lord Belial is quite fond of her and she of him. Its very sweet to see this amazing Demon Lord being so gentle with such a (considered by many) lowly creature.

For my Hellborn Commander D, whom you've all seen me mention numerous times on the forum, I have "gifted" him with my 6 ft corn snake Samael. The reason this came about was because of his fascination for sammy when I first got him. This big huge hulking hellborn literally coo'd over this snake lol... And Sammy seemed to respond quite well to him, so they are a perfect match. It probably helps they are the same color orange/red :lol: D, being from teh chaotic hellborn realm, has never had a pet (or family until us) and it was the nicest thing I could think of doing to honor him. Youre part of our family, here have a pet :lol:

I've veered off of the blood topic and shared the snake story to show you that the sky really is the limit when you are trying to make a genuine offering from the heart to a companion or DL. Blood should be reserved for deep workings and only when you are sure you know what youre doing and WHY youre doing it. :)
thank you wonderful post on blood offerings I agree with your points you do make some good one's here also your right their are many other things you can offer your demon companions ' are Dark lords other then your blood ' Also lets say you do offer your blood to your demon companions . are a dark lord your working with do you believe that it will create a link between you and the dark lord are your Demons I have been reading this book by S Connolly on Daemonic offerings its really a good book I like all her books
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”