Offerings: Music

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

As our resident musician Phlan can tell you, music is a GREAT way to bond and connect with our Demons and Dark Lords. What they like can vary as much as what we like.

Different music contains different vibrational energy. Im not going to get all technical about vibrations and soundwaves.. what it does to our own energy...blah blah blah. Just short and sweet: music is awesome and demons love it.
When deciding what to offer a companion or a DL with regards to music, the best way is to ask them what they like. This however, is not always doable as many of us do not have the "hearing" skills fully developed yet. Thats ok, dont worry, Im going to tell you how to figure it out without hearing.

Offering Music to a Companion
Think about your companion. What are their personalities like? The scrolls you get from S&S priestesses are usually very detailed as to their likes, suggested offerings, personalities etc. Read this over and spend some time meditating with them. You may just find that you get impressions, hear lyrics, get actual songs or bands. you can write down any impressions you may have.

Next , take yourself to your music player or youtube. start experimenting with different music. You'll know when you hit paydirt. You will feel an energy shift, a temperature change, a sudden peace, chills, or even an upswing in mood. This is your companion telling you "yes, this one!" Your Companion will LOVE the effort you are putting in to finding them something nice to listen to and it can strengthen the bond between you.

My Hellborn DC D likes hard, heavy balls to the wall metal. He loves the black metal sounds of Behemoth, Belial and Dimmu Borgir. I have to say this would not have been my first choice to listen to but when I offered something in my comfort zone- Metallica, he laughed and told me to get some taste in music :lol: I started listening to them... well not so much listening, more feeling. The vibrations of what he was trying to get me to "get" . This music allows him to get in touch with his primal, angry, ass kicking side, which as a Hellborn, is a must.

Offering Music to Dark Lords
The way you find out what a particular DL likes is very similar to finding out how you did with your companion. Read as much as you can on the dark lord. Whether it be through forums, personal experiences of others, groups that discuss that DL or dare i say it- a book. You can get a "profile" of that DL in this manner. You wouldnt offer Unsere, the gentle motherly Dark Lady who specializes in nurturing, fertility and comfort something like Behemoth or Dimmu Borgir now would you? lol No, she is much softer, less aggressive so you would naturally look in that direction. For Her, strange as it may sound, I find acapella is something She enjoys. She loves the fact that the "music" is made with just voices. the energies of the ones singing it, in harmony with one another allows the positive, musical energy to flow and she feels uplifted listening to it. Again, I was never a huge fan of Acapella myself but through Her, I learned to appreciate and enjoy the marvels of the human voice, what it is capable of, and how those energies can translate over into a magickal working during ritual.

However you explore with your music, just make sure that you keep yourself open, even to genres you wouldnt normally even look at. The journey is half the fun, but the reward of finding something your companion or DL loves is where the real reward is at!
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Another great post, Anatel!!! And this is an excellent form of bonding (to use a spirit keeper term) and means of really connecting with demons. Phlan definitely is the guy who makes this work best here. My CFH brother. ;) Hahahaha

While I can't say I know what all of my demons like, as far as music goes... I have been able to ascertain what a few of them like. My DC L, for example, listens to things similar to what your DC D does. Really edgy and hard stuff. Stuff way beyond what I would normally listen to. But, given her expertise, this really isn't a shock. And I know she would love to go to concerts with you, Anatel!

Several of my ladies tend to like classical music, actually. I think they find it intellectually inspiring and soul soothing at times... By the same token, I think they tend to like it because it allows the full expression of human emotion. And, sometimes, just like with us, it just depends on their mood what they want to listen to.

They say music can influence moods and changes our brain chemistry. It really shouldn't be a surprise that our demons like it and can use it to connect with them.

Again, love the post Anatel!!! :devilthumbs:
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Oh I love this post so much!!! I am glad you covered how to find out what your companions like if you can't hear. I have a few methods myself, even though I can hear ....

Sometimes I will ask my companions to show me a song they like, or what kind of music they like. Minus them actually saying audibly 'Eilana I like this song *gives song name*' <- reality is it doesn't usually work that way LOL because I haven't always heard the song or know the name.... they will give me a type of music, or give me words from the title or lyrics from a song. I can usually research these words and find what they wanted. And yes, exactly as you described Anatel there is that shift in energy, sometimes I get goosebumps or chills, I can feel a burst of energy and a strong feeling of connectedness to whichever Demon it is and I am like THIS IS THE SONG! And then usually I hear a yes. Sometimes laughter, usually a positive feeling from them.

Then, there are Demons, like Ombre (I have an experience partially typed up I need to finish and post lol) who will make a particular song play on the radio. In the car. In every store you go into. In the most INSANE and ridiculous ways the song will come up at the most inappropriate times. To the point people in the environment with you start to notice and are like..... what the hell? This song again? Wasn't this just on? LOL and you can hear your Demons gleefully and triumphantly laughing. And then it's like oh god.... people are noticing.... ROFL

I had one Demon come to me in a dream and VERY loudly give me all of the lyrics to a particular song and told me I had to find this song and send it to someone who needed to hear it. So it can come through in dreams. Sometimes it comes through in dreams in energy and colors. That night I had several demons come through telling me to find songs for people. Only one gave me the actual lyrics LOL and it was a song I never heard of before... The others gave information to me in images, colors and feelings. So it can be very random how they communicate.

Other times I play all the music on my computer and have it on random. I notice when certain demons are around, the same songs repeat. Or the same band plays over and over LOL and it is very apparent.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Phlan
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

What an awesome post! I have never had songs come through in dream like Eilana said. I have had a riff pop into my head from no where and I used that for one DL song. I get chills all the time from music though lol at one point I was listening to an album and I swear I could have orgasmed lol music just tickles me pink Hahahaha. But I will say before I even had my King and he was over for a visit it's the first thing we did was play some music then listen to some. He had a write up on the site that he was into sexual healing and then I think Heidi commented that she got this hot tub vibe from him so I listen to some Ben howard(my tattoo artist said its like baby making music hahaha). But yes! Love connecting through music!!!!
badboychun
Patron Deities: Hecate

I actually really love to sing....and I can feel all of my companions like to listen. Some even sing with me too. you can feel an addition vibration different with your usual voice within the sound, and some powerful vibration within it. I also use this method to perform healings too, I invite my companion to sing with me.......well, also doing this in spell work. For example.....maybe sing Disney music if I performing a Inner child related spell, Sing Love song while performing Love magic...etc. For my own daily life, I sing alot everyday, its a good way to express my own emotion and adjust my mood, and I sing love song to my companion all the time to tell them I love them. Here is one of my favourite:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCsZNalcaXM[/youtube]

I sing this with tears sometime:P I really appreciate for their love and care.
O lunae lumen
puer tuus fac me sicut renascentur
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:As our resident musician Phlan can tell you, music is a GREAT way to bond and connect with our Demons and Dark Lords. What they like can vary as much as what we like.

Different music contains different vibrational energy. Im not going to get all technical about vibrations and soundwaves.. what it does to our own energy...blah blah blah. Just short and sweet: music is awesome and demons love it.
When deciding what to offer a companion or a DL with regards to music, the best way is to ask them what they like. This however, is not always doable as many of us do not have the "hearing" skills fully developed yet. Thats ok, dont worry, Im going to tell you how to figure it out without hearing.

Think about your companion. What are their personalities like? The scrolls you get from S&S priestesses are usually very detailed as to their likes, suggested offerings, personalities etc. Read this over and spend some time meditating with them. You may just find that you get impressions, hear lyrics, get actual songs or bands. you can write down any impressions you may have.

Next , take yourself to your music player or youtube. start experimenting with different music. You'll know when you hit paydirt. You will feel an energy shift, a temperature change, a sudden peace, chills, or even an upswing in mood. This is your companion telling you "yes, this one!" Your Companion will LOVE the effort you are putting in to finding them something nice to listen to and it can strengthen the bond between you.

My Hellborn DC D likes hard, heavy balls to the wall metal. He loves the black metal sounds of Behemoth, Belial and Dimmu Borgir. I have to say this would not have been my first choice to listen to but when I offered something in my comfort zone- Metallica, he laughed and told me to get some taste in music :lol: I started listening to them... well not so much listening, more feeling. The vibrations of what he was trying to get me to "get" . This music allows him to get in touch with his primal, angry, ass kicking side, which as a Hellborn, is a must.

The way you find out what a particular DL likes is very similar to finding out how you did with your companion. Read as much as you can on the dark lord. Whether it be through forums, personal experiences of others, groups that discuss that DL or dare i say it- a book. You can get a "profile" of that DL in this manner. You wouldnt offer Unsere, the gentle motherly Dark Lady who specializes in nurturing, fertility and comfort something like Behemoth or Dimmu Borgir now would you? lol No, she is much softer, less aggressive so you would naturally look in that direction. For Her, strange as it may sound, I find acapella is something She enjoys. She loves the fact that the "music" is made with just voices. the energies of the ones singing it, in harmony with one another allows the positive, musical energy to flow and she feels uplifted listening to it. Again, I was never a huge fan of Acapella myself but through Her, I learned to appreciate and enjoy the marvels of the human voice, what it is capable of, and how those energies can translate over into a magickal working during ritual.

However you explore with your music, just make sure that you keep yourself open, even to genres you wouldnt normally even look at. The journey is half the fun, but the reward of finding something your companion or DL loves is where the real reward is at!
great post I will note what you have as a good offering for my demon companions also for any dark lords I could work with down road music I didn't think dark lords even like music I also have a hellhound who I will try to see if he likes to hear music I will also see if my Black Pegasus horse likes music as well her name is Aerin she is a winged horse her wing span is massive she's my girl thanks great post
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Phlan wrote:What an awesome post! I have never had songs come through in dream like Eilana said. I have had a riff pop into my head from no where and I used that for one DL song. I get chills all the time from music though lol at one point I was listening to an album and I swear I could have orgasmed lol music just tickles me pink Hahahaha. But I will say before I even had my King and he was over for a visit it's the first thing we did was play some music then listen to some. He had a write up on the site that he was into sexual healing and then I think Heidi commented that she got this hot tub vibe from him so I listen to some Ben howard(my tattoo artist said its like baby making music hahaha). But yes! Love connecting through music!!!!
Phlan, this may be a good place to post a couple of your demon influenced songs! Plus.., you will get the sins for it and all! ;)
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I will personally plug Phlan's talents musically. I love music and I know when my one companions is connecting because he finds music that invokes certain feelings.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:As our resident musician Phlan can tell you, music is a GREAT way to bond and connect with our Demons and Dark Lords. What they like can vary as much as what we like.

Hi Anatel I am having some luck with the music change up with two of my companions .. so things are going well thanks again
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Kharybdis
Patron Deities: Hel, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Leviathan
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

One of my favorite things to do with music and my companions is to turn on my entire library of music on my computer and set it on shuffle, then invite them to be the "DJ" for the bonding time! I have a huge variety of songs from a huge variety of genres, so it's something different every time... though I have noticed certain songs pop up more frequently than others, which is bizarre for my 2000+ item library. "Ghosts N Stuff" by DeadMau5 is a favorite when I ask generally if anyone is there with me and interested in being the "DJ" :devilgrin:

At any rate, it's a lot of fun, and sometimes you can glean some very interesting messages if you ask particular companions to choose songs. Sometimes it's in the title, sometimes it's in the sound, sometimes it's in the lyrics--even if just a few scattered here and there. I really enjoy doing it, and they seem to like it, as well.

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”