Offerings: Improvising

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

When i first started working with Dark Lords there was a period of time where i literally had nothing. I mean nothing. When i say nothing, i mean nothinger than nothing. That was a terrible period for utter brokeness. I'd not long had a baby and she was the third.

I had been studying CM at the time and was pretty shocked by some of the more barbaric methods of evocation and had already decided it wasnt for me. It actually made me feel guilty how humanity had behaved towards Demons i was coming to know and love. I read the article on here about blasting rods and was further disgusted by humanity. I remember reading about Lord Mammon's eyes going dark when he was asked about his experiences with them and his refusal to discuss it in much detail.

This made me feel almost a compulsion, in my naivety, to apologise for humanity. I remember reading about things you needed for connecting, candles, incense, offerings.... It felt overwhelming to me at the time- even though these things are generally inexpensive. i knew i wasnt going to enter into this from a place of disrespect and NOT have that stuff available but i still felt i wanted to do something. This led me to brainstorming alternatives.

I had one gold candle i had bought at a boot sale for approx 50 cents (after checking stores and ebay to find they were substantially more- which was completely out of reach for me) . I came across it after telling myself i was determined to make some sort of contact. but the buck stopped there. I couldnt get anything else that were "popular" Mammon correspondences: Oud (no way in hell i could afford that) Gold (yeah right!) or anything else for that matter. Still. I was determined. i came to the conclusion that if anyone were to come to my house, since I am in England, I would offer them a traditional cup of tea. I am a huge tea drinker so that i could do. I went to my cupboard and checked the tea. I had exactly two tea bags left. I stared at a moment contemplating because I knew there was no more tea, not for a day or two and how was i going to survive kids without it.. lol... Then i said to myself "no. this is what you signed up for. its a freaking tea bag. its not Mammon's fault you drank too much."

So I made two cups of tea and lit my gold candle. I stumbled through the offering. I remember saying something to the effects of "Ok well i know im new at this, i know i dont have near the stuff "required" but... Im offering what i have. I understand Im not doing this the "right" way but thats ok! I dont actually WANT anything from you. I just read the story and I just wanna say ... well i guess i want to say we arent ALL assholes. Um... so... here's a cup of tea and one day I promise I'll have better offerings for You." Then i just sat there for a while, drinking my tea, in silence. He showed up, smiled at my pitiful offering and said "thank you. This is quite the offering when you have nothing. i like it"

I couldnt believe he had actually shown up! There was no gold! There was no Oud! There was no opulence! It was my lowly tiny cluttered by kids house! There he was! ENJOYING the offering of the tea and the crappy 50 cent candle.

It was around that time that I'd learned a valuable lesson. Yes, we should try to accommodate offerings and correspondences to the best of our ability, but sometimes you just cant. for whatever reason. But when you have an offering and it comes from the heart and its genuine, they enjoy it as much as if you HAD everything required. Another point Id like to make is if you genuinely feel, hand on heart, that an offering different to what you read is appropriate, GO FOR IT.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Anatel,my always love this story! And the advice contained within is great. The best offerings are those that truly come from the heart. Depending on what is going on in life, things can get strained that make "traditional" offerings impractical. But, improvisation works!!!! Thank you!!!! :devilbow: :devilthumbs:
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

You are gonna make me cry! I am about where you were....not even enough diabetic supplies to keep me going. House empty of food, pockets empty of money. I just wanted you to know that your tradition lives on.....one of the Demon Lords offered ME a cup of tea and his time. I know he is fantastically busy, but he took time out and sat with me and watched me drink his herbal tea. It was the TIME and effort he went to that touched my heart! He CARED enough to sit patiently until I was through, too! I STINK, I haven't had a haircut for months, and I survive by saying "You just gotta make it through TODAY." Yet he respected me enough to be right there the whole time. I won't say his name...it was a private moment, but the thought of someone taking a blasting rod to this gentle demon, is just beyond infuriating! I will always remember his kindness and respect. As I am sure Mammon remembers yours.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This is a fantastic story and a reminder for us to always remain humbled. All of us, and I mean all of us can and have gone through these hard times, no one is alone. Stay resolute with your eyes on the prize and it will turn around. Or that's my motto.

@Anatel, this is also a great reminder about simplicity in offerings. Demon's, like anyone, appreciate thought, no matter how basic. It's the intent, not the item. This is a great reminder to keep things simple. My guys always love dark chocolate and on a fun note I have a human spirit in the house named Gabe, he has been here forever and we chat on the board sometimes. He likes Pot, yep pot. When he is around I can smell it wafting and when I make offerings to him it's in the form of a dark chocolate thc candy. I can get them on the other side of the river here and I just keep it around for him. It's sort of funny to hear myself say this actually. I get my ghosts weed... hehehe.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:When i first started working with Dark Lords there was a period of time where i literally had nothing. I mean nothing. When i say nothing, i mean nothinger than nothing. That was a terrible period for utter brokeness. I'd not long had a baby and she was the third.

I had been studying CM at the time and was pretty shocked by some of the more barbaric methods of evocation and had already decided it wasnt for me. It actually made me feel guilty how humanity had behaved towards Demons i was coming to know and love. I read the article on here about blasting rods and was further disgusted by humanity. I remember reading about Lord Mammon's eyes going dark when he was asked about his experiences with them and his refusal to discuss it in much detail.

This made me feel almost a compulsion, in my naivety, to apologise for humanity. I remember reading about things you needed for connecting, candles, incense, offerings.... It felt overwhelming to me at the time- even though these things are generally inexpensive. i knew i wasnt going to enter into this from a place of disrespect and NOT have that stuff available but i still felt i wanted to do something. This led me to brainstorming alternatives.

I had one gold candle i had bought at a boot sale for approx 50 cents (after checking stores and ebay to find they were substantially more- which was completely out of reach for me) . I came across it after telling myself i was determined to make some sort of contact. but the buck stopped there. I couldnt get anything else that were "popular" Mammon correspondences: Oud (no way in hell i could afford that) Gold (yeah right!) or anything else for that matter. Still. I was determined. i came to the conclusion that if anyone were to come to my house, since I am in England, I would offer them a traditional cup of tea. I am a huge tea drinker so that i could do. I went to my cupboard and checked the tea. I had exactly two tea bags left. I stared at a moment contemplating because I knew there was no more tea, not for a day or two and how was i going to survive kids without it.. lol... Then i said to myself "no. this is what you signed up for. its a freaking tea bag. its not Mammon's fault you drank too much."

So I made two cups of tea and lit my gold candle. I stumbled through the offering. I remember saying something to the effects of "Ok well i know im new at this, i know i dont have near the stuff "required" but... Im offering what i have. I understand Im not doing this the "right" way but thats ok! I dont actually WANT anything from you. I just read the story and I just wanna say ... well i guess i want to say we arent ALL assholes. Um... so... here's a cup of tea and one day I promise I'll have better offerings for You." Then i just sat there for a while, drinking my tea, in silence. He showed up, smiled at my pitiful offering and said "thank you. This is quite the offering when you have nothing. i like it"

I couldnt believe he had actually shown up! There was no gold! There was no Oud! There was no opulence! It was my lowly tiny cluttered by kids house! There he was! ENJOYING the offering of the tea and the crappy 50 cent candle.

It was around that time that I'd learned a valuable lesson. Yes, we should try to accommodate offerings and correspondences to the best of our ability, but sometimes you just cant. for whatever reason. But when you have an offering and it comes from the heart and its genuine, they enjoy it as much as if you HAD everything required. Another point Id like to make is if you genuinely feel, hand on heart, that an offering different to what you read is appropriate, GO FOR IT.
wonderful story also I happy to hear your doing much better now its lesson's like this one that keeps us in a humble mind set and I agree anything you give are offer some one long as it comes from your heart that's what matters you gave it from a genuine place I sure the offering was much appreciated
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
4bluefaeries
Patron Deities: light/dark deities
Your favourite Demon?: DC lady K DC D Son of Lucifer E 4king Hellborns,HH G imp L, lowborn soulmate

The weight of one's loving heart weigh's more then gold, it really depends on who you ask. Thankyou for sharing this beautiful personal story with us. :hug:
Let 's not be divided,let's be united,for balance is key

user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

4bluefaeries wrote:The weight of one's loving heart weigh's more then gold, it really depends on who you ask. Thankyou for sharing this beautiful personal story with us. :hug:
That is so true also that's what my grandmother tells me all the time :)
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
4dropsofwater
Patron Deities: none
Your favourite Demon?: Samael, Lucifer,Asmodeus

Reading this made my day~ :D
"The dance between darkness and light will always remain-- the stars and the moon will always need the darkness to be seen, the darkness will just not be worth having without the moon and the stars."

C. Joybell C.
Pwnie

..................................................Jeez just wow; you guys now how to keep someone going and finding more and more justifications of being here.... Im glad everything is better now though for ya
Marosey

It is a wrong perception to think you need to always have an elaborate ritual to connect with whomever you desire to connect to.
They know your intentions. This post shows how we can just be simple and start that unknown journey with these beings.

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”