Seeking Council with Demons

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

I remember a conversation with my mentor, we were talking about Evocation and he offered up his take on it. He told me that he hated the word Evocation, it had a very negative association to it and that it was attached to methods that involved commanding and forcing demons to comply with your will. He said that method did not sit well with him at all and he found it very disrespectful.

I don't blame him either. Many of the archaic rituals are meant to command demons into a circle that is guarded by the Archangels or the holy names of those of the Abrahamic faiths. A lot of the old rituals are riddled with disrespect for demons, even at their base level of how they are crafted.

I remember before I met my mentor I felt this, at my core being I just knew how much demons despised these archaic methods. I knew this from passing moments talking to Lucifer and Satan, they had both mentioned things and Lucifer in one instance told me himself to trust what I was getting from the demons and that in my studies I was going to read horrors and that demons were not treated very well by the magicians of old. He told me things I came across were going to upset me, he was right....

My first Goetia I bought I read it and actually said out loud WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!! I was horrified with the methods that commanded and controlled the demons, the language of these rituals did not sit well with me, nor did the implications of how they viewed demons. It did not resonate with me and my path at all.

One part that stood out was the Warning labels on some of these demons and how dangerous they were, even on some demons I had met previously that I found to be very kind and gentle. Honestly, I understand why there were warnings on some of them, if I was commanded in the way that these demons were and harmed with archaic tools like blasting rods, I would be angry too and rightfully so. I would have a huge warning label on me!!

There was also something else that really never sat well with me. The implication that demons were "lesser spirits" and that they are lesser then "God" who is seen as the Divine, and that you need "God" and the words of God to call forth the spirit and command them to appear. They are being compelled against their will to appear before you and do your bidding. This reduces demons to less then Divine which is something I completely disagree with. Demon are Divine beings themselves, they are the Dark Divine, the Demonic Diving, Demons are part of the darker shades of Divinity, so to use a light Divine being to call forth a Dark Divine being, and command them no less, never sat well with me, it was insulting as well in my eyes to what demons were and reduces them to less them divine.

In the past there was a huge devotion to the Abrahamic faiths and my personal belief is that many of the Magicians commanding the demons were protected from backlash so long as they followed things to the letter because just as demons are divine, angels are as well. You have a clash of divine energies trying to bring in enough light divine to overpower and dominate the dark divine, it can work for a time but that wears thin and eventually balance must be restored. It is like beating up someone on your turf with all your biker friends around, it doesn't bode well for connections and the second you are alone, they can jump out and attack you back. It creates a hostile environment and is why many demons have labels on them that they are dangerous.

This is why Demonolators, Theistic Satanists and Demonosophers don't have these issues because we do not take this hostile approach, we work with them, learn about them and respect them and seek to learn from them and honour them. There is no commanding, forcing and harming, just mutual respect and exchange of energies.

My mentor agreed, and he never used the word Evocation. From there we discussed invocation.

Invocation. Inviting them to join you. A much more favourable word, though at times we felt it wasn't fully accurate in what we did. Invocation is were you call to them and ask for help and assistance. There are levels of Invocation. Calling to them and asking for assistance, through prayer, enn, ritual, you reach out to them, or simply offering worship, and honouring them through an offering of words.

Then there are other types of invocation where you invite them in you, to inspire and influence you shift your energies and thinking. You call them into your vessel. It can be a form of possession in some cases, where you invite the entity into you and offer up your being as a vessel, some cases people have no memory, lose self awareness, act as the deity and entity would, and even speak as they would. It is a fascinating event to witness.

Note** this is not to be confused with Transvocation, which is inviting them to join you in your body and share one mind. They do not fully overtake you like in channeling and possession, they share your thoughts and your mind melds with theirs and your thoughts are influenced by their experiences, personalities and wisdom. Trasnvocation is a more advanced skill because unlike in possession and channeling where you can just let go and surrender your consciousness, in Transvocation you have to stay there and hold your personality and stay focused on the task at hand. You have to have good mental mastery and discipline to attain this state as you have to stay focused, present, and also not allow their personality to take over to full possession. It is a rewarding state to attain though, also as with anything, any beings you transvocate with make sure you know and trust them well and have taken the time to develop a relationship.

Invoke is to call in, while evoke is to call forth. Invocation is a good word and I know Demonolators use it to describe their interactions with Demons. Though Invocation is more gentle then Evocation it still doesn't full resonate with how I interact with them.

Demonosophers see Demons as the Dark Divine beings they are. I used the concept of Demons being the Dark Divine when I re wrote my ritual for inviting them to join me. I took the old hermetic ritual and re created it with the notion of created a sacred space for them, inviting them to join me in that space and honouring them. I set it up so that the circle which was our focal point and the boundaries of sacred space were guarded by the dark lords and that the energy was shifted to make them more comfortable. I lit candles, offered things I got impressions they liked and worked to create a space to honour them and invite them to join me in sacred space to honour them and show them I appreciated them and adored them. My mentor liked my method and he told me what he called working with them.

He said he always Sought Council from them. They were incredible divine beings, and when he would work with them he would seek their council and guidance and honour them with offerings and appreciation. That became the words we used we discussing our interactions with them.

"Tonight I am seeking council with Lord Mammon"

"Tomorrow I am seeking council with Lord Paimon "

It is a way I see to honour them and also show that I appreciate what they share with me. I value their words and the interactions that we share, what they reveal to me is greatly appreciated and it goes well with the Demonosophy philosophy of walking with demons with respect and appreciation.

When I am looking for help and advice I am Seeking Council from them...

When I prepare the space for seeking council with them I like to make it comfortable, a place we can bond and talk, a place that is designed to honour them and also stimulate the mind and the creative centres of the brain and open up the energies to allow it to flow. The preparation work for connection is very important. I daily work on my spiritual foundation grounding, shielding, warding, cleansing, focusing and mental mastery, there foundational tools also show respect for ones practise and also allows you to cleanse your space of unwanted energies and create an atmosphere that is clean and honours demons. I approach demons clean. I always bath before approaching them and also try to eat as clean as I can.

Then I will chant their enn to vibrate the space with their energies. I will adorn the space with their sigil. Have candles, incense and offerings they like, Music that they like which sets the mood and offer then their favourite tea. Tea is ceremonial in a way, there are ancient methods of tea preparation that are incredible and when you offer tea, it is a sign of great respect and an invitation for them to join you. Tea has incredible ceremonial uses and is something that we honour greatly in Demonosophy. Demons love their tea too. Many of us to walk with demons know this, Anatel was inspired to offer a cup of tea when first working with Lord Mammon, it is a sign of welcome and respect. I do take the time to find out what Tea demons like and offer it to them, they really appreciate it. Once the space is created to honour them I enter the meditation state and say words like....

"Lord Mammon, I wish to seek council from you and hear you divine words of wisdom, I ask you to please join me in the ritual space."

Sometimes, I just want to give them offerings and let them know I adore them and appriciate them. I call these times "Joining me in Sacred Space" I prepare an altar in the same way above, and I give them an offering and just invite them to join me. There is a very powerful and positive exchange with just showing appreciation and honouring one who you adore without expecting anything in return. It can be a beautiful, empowering and bonding experience.

These are two phrases I like to use to describe my interactions with demons. Seeking Council, and Joining me in Sacred Space.
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
LucienLachance
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer.SaTan.LeviaThan.Beliala.Rossier.Azazel.Ashtarut.
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

your Information and how to behavior with them!
Even saying the words!
All that you said,
Are excellent
It's great
It is a culture
thank you
please share with us more
Thaaanks Lady Akelta
IN THE NAME OF THE DARKNESS
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Akelta wrote:I remember a conversation with my mentor, we were talking about Evocation and he offered up his take on it. He told me that he hated the word Evocation, it had a very negative association to it and that it was attached to methods that involved commanding and forcing demons to comply with your will. He said that method did not sit well with him at all and he found it very disrespectful.

I don't blame him either. Many of the archaic rituals are meant to command demons into a circle that is guarded by the Archangels or the holy names of those of the Abrahamic faiths. A lot of the old rituals are riddled with disrespect for demons, even at their base level of how they are crafted.

I remember before I met my mentor I felt this, at my core being I just knew how much demons despised these archaic methods. I knew this from passing moments talking to Lucifer and Satan, they had both mentioned things and Lucifer in one instance told me himself to trust what I was getting from the demons and that in my studies I was going to read horrors and that demons were not treated very well by the magicians of old. He told me things I came across were going to upset me, he was right....

My first Goetia I bought I read it and actually said out loud WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!! I was horrified with the methods that commanded and controlled the demons, the language of these rituals did not sit well with me, nor did the implications of how they viewed demons. It did not resonate with me and my path at all.

One part that stood out was the Warning labels on some of these demons and how dangerous they were, even on some demons I had met previously that I found to be very kind and gentle. Honestly, I understand why there were warnings on some of them, if I was commanded in the way that these demons were and harmed with archaic tools like blasting rods, I would be angry too and rightfully so. I would have a huge warning label on me!!

There was also something else that really never sat well with me. The implication that demons were "lesser spirits" and that they are lesser then "God" who is seen as the Divine, and that you need "God" and the words of God to call forth the spirit and command them to appear. They are being compelled against their will to appear before you and do your bidding. This reduces demons to less then Divine which is something I completely disagree with. Demon are Divine beings themselves, they are the Dark Divine, the Demonic Diving, Demons are part of the darker shades of Divinity, so to use a light Divine being to call forth a Dark Divine being, and command them no less, never sat well with me, it was insulting as well in my eyes to what demons were and reduces them to less them divine.

In the past there was a huge devotion to the Abrahamic faiths and my personal belief is that many of the Magicians commanding the demons were protected from backlash so long as they followed things to the letter because just as demons are divine, angels are as well. You have a clash of divine energies trying to bring in enough light divine to overpower and dominate the dark divine, it can work for a time but that wears thin and eventually balance must be restored. It is like beating up someone on your turf with all your biker friends around, it doesn't bode well for connections and the second you are alone, they can jump out and attack you back. It creates a hostile environment and is why many demons have labels on them that they are dangerous.

This is why Demonolators, Theistic Satanists and Demonosophers don't have these issues because we do not take this hostile approach, we work with them, learn about them and respect them and seek to learn from them and honour them. There is no commanding, forcing and harming, just mutual respect and exchange of energies.

My mentor agreed, and he never used the word Evocation. From there we discussed invocation.

Invocation. Inviting them to join you. A much more favourable word, though at times we felt it wasn't fully accurate in what we did. Invocation is were you call to them and ask for help and assistance. There are levels of Invocation. Calling to them and asking for assistance, through prayer, enn, ritual, you reach out to them, or simply offering worship, and honouring them through an offering of words.

Then there are other types of invocation where you invite them in you, to inspire and influence you shift your energies and thinking. You call them into your vessel. It can be a form of possession in some cases, where you invite the entity into you and offer up your being as a vessel, some cases people have no memory, lose self awareness, act as the deity and entity would, and even speak as they would. It is a fascinating event to witness.

Note** this is not to be confused with Transvocation, which is inviting them to join you in your body and share one mind. They do not fully overtake you like in channeling and possession, they share your thoughts and your mind melds with theirs and your thoughts are influenced by their experiences, personalities and wisdom. Trasnvocation is a more advanced skill because unlike in possession and channeling where you can just let go and surrender your consciousness, in Transvocation you have to stay there and hold your personality and stay focused on the task at hand. You have to have good mental mastery and discipline to attain this state as you have to stay focused, present, and also not allow their personality to take over to full possession. It is a rewarding state to attain though, also as with anything, any beings you transvocate with make sure you know and trust them well and have taken the time to develop a relationship.

Invoke is to call in, while evoke is to call forth. Invocation is a good word and I know Demonolators use it to describe their interactions with Demons. Though Invocation is more gentle then Evocation it still doesn't full resonate with how I interact with them.

Demonosophers see Demons as the Dark Divine beings they are. I used the concept of Demons being the Dark Divine when I re wrote my ritual for inviting them to join me. I took the old hermetic ritual and re created it with the notion of created a sacred space for them, inviting them to join me in that space and honouring them. I set it up so that the circle which was our focal point and the boundaries of sacred space were guarded by the dark lords and that the energy was shifted to make them more comfortable. I lit candles, offered things I got impressions they liked and worked to create a space to honour them and invite them to join me in sacred space to honour them and show them I appreciated them and adored them. My mentor liked my method and he told me what he called working with them.

He said he always Sought Council from them. They were incredible divine beings, and when he would work with them he would seek their council and guidance and honour them with offerings and appreciation. That became the words we used we discussing our interactions with them.

"Tonight I am seeking council with Lord Mammon"

"Tomorrow I am seeking council with Lord Paimon "

It is a way I see to honour them and also show that I appreciate what they share with me. I value their words and the interactions that we share, what they reveal to me is greatly appreciated and it goes well with the Demonosophy philosophy of walking with demons with respect and appreciation.

When I am looking for help and advice I am Seeking Council from them...

When I prepare the space for seeking council with them I like to make it comfortable, a place we can bond and talk, a place that is designed to honour them and also stimulate the mind and the creative centres of the brain and open up the energies to allow it to flow. The preparation work for connection is very important. I daily work on my spiritual foundation grounding, shielding, warding, cleansing, focusing and mental mastery, there foundational tools also show respect for ones practise and also allows you to cleanse your space of unwanted energies and create an atmosphere that is clean and honours demons. I approach demons clean. I always bath before approaching them and also try to eat as clean as I can.

Then I will chant their enn to vibrate the space with their energies. I will adorn the space with their sigil. Have candles, incense and offerings they like, Music that they like which sets the mood and offer then their favourite tea. Tea is ceremonial in a way, there are ancient methods of tea preparation that are incredible and when you offer tea, it is a sign of great respect and an invitation for them to join you. Tea has incredible ceremonial uses and is something that we honour greatly in Demonosophy. Demons love their tea too. Many of us to walk with demons know this, Anatel was inspired to offer a cup of tea when first working with Lord Mammon, it is a sign of welcome and respect. I do take the time to find out what Tea demons like and offer it to them, they really appreciate it. Once the space is created to honour them I enter the meditation state and say words like....

"Lord Mammon, I wish to seek council from you and hear you divine words of wisdom, I ask you to please join me in the ritual space."

Sometimes, I just want to give them offerings and let them know I adore them and appriciate them. I call these times "Joining me in Sacred Space" I prepare an altar in the same way above, and I give them an offering and just invite them to join me. There is a very powerful and positive exchange with just showing appreciation and honouring one who you adore without expecting anything in return. It can be a beautiful, empowering and bonding experience.

These are two phrases I like to use to describe my interactions with demons. Seeking Council, and Joining me in Sacred Space.
Thank you Akelta I am making notes of everything that should be done when working with Dark lords making sure my sacred space is clean offerings them candles oil's tea things I know they will like to show that I not only respect them but appreciate them helping me with the things I need help with honouring them the respectful way
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Thank you, Akelta. As always, good information. I think that this is an important point of discussion for people who haven't had a lot of experience with dark lords or demons generally. Might be a good idea for us to keep this (and a few select others) in the forefront as important information to pass along to newcomers.

I might suggest we create a thread box for this, and a few others, that is sort of the "Have you read "X" yet" - that we can point people to when they're seeking to learn the basics of this path. Just a thought. Thank you again!
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
user1876
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon

Bathosias wrote:Thank you, Akelta. As always, good information. I think that this is an important point of discussion for people who haven't had a lot of experience with dark lords or demons generally. Might be a good idea for us to keep this (and a few select others) in the forefront as important information to pass along to newcomers.

I might suggest we create a thread box for this, and a few others, that is sort of the "Have you read "X" yet" - that we can point people to when they're seeking to learn the basics of this path. Just a thought. Thank you again!
sounds like a good ideal . Bath to create a thread box . for this post for people that don't know much about working with Dark lords / Demons I still have a lot to learn myself so yes its important to know agreed
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Oh, Akelta! Thank you so much for the part about offering tea! When I was having a tough time adjusting, when I first came here, Lord Uphir offered me a cup of herbal tea and sat with me watching me drink it. As you probably know, he is tremendously busy, and his gesture really touched my heart! I am crying just remembering it. Now I am thinking that I can work with him learning some healing...or even anyone under him (realizing his important works get priority.) I would love to hear how you came to work with him here...! Please tell us! :devillove: Caution: Much hard work ahead for me! I know! Yay!!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Marosey

Now that I see this post. This is something I am going to do. I learned recently. I do not have to get a fancy altar.
I can keep it simple and even use a part of the window seal. I will be learning more in my classes. The classes will be starting next month. I need to keep in mind to eat healthy. Bathing is a common courtesy, there are some DL's that
are sensitive to human smell. They may want you to bath in a special soap. I did not know. That tea was important to them. I will take the time to figure out all their favorite teas.

It's excellent to rewrite a ritual and show them respect. I'm sure as I progress in this path. I can create a different method that fits with the spirit and the circumstances. Those magicians made it so hard on themselves, trying to control
demons. I'm not sure why, they didn't consider the needed balance in this world. No side is better than the other. If they
can just work together.

Thanks for the post Akelta!
user1876

Marosey wrote:Now that I see this post. This is something I am going to do. I learned recently. I do not have to get a fancy altar.
I can keep it simple and even use a part of the window seal. I will be learning more in my classes. The classes will be starting next month. I need to keep in mind to eat healthy. Bathing is a common courtesy, there are some DL's that
are sensitive to human smell. They may want you to bath in a special soap. I did not know. That tea was important to them. I will take the time to figure out all their favorite teas.

It's excellent to rewrite a ritual and show them respect. I'm sure as I progress in this path. I can create a different method that fits with the spirit and the circumstances. Those magicians made it so hard on themselves, trying to control
demons. I'm not sure why, they didn't consider the needed balance in this world. No side is better than the other. If they
can just work together.

Thanks for the post Akelta!
'' no Marosey you don't need any fancy altar ' I went with one that would be respectful what , I did was read about ' the dark lord, I wanted to work with what colors they like candles oils incenses . then set up my altar in a way that would be pleasing to them that is also one that's respectful to them ' so far things have gone really well ' I also like to write out my own Ritual that works for me and ' the Dark lord they really are not hard to please because they know what comes from ' the heart and what don't so you will be alright when your ready to start working with them
Riael
Patron Deities: None at this time.
Your favourite Demon?: Marbas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Thank you. This will certainly help me quite a bit. I was talking with some others in chat earlier about this same subject.. about Solomon's way of evoking demons into the circle and commanding them and going as far as punishing them for not taking a humanoid form with lashings from some sort of magickal whip or scourge. Even before studying demonology when I first read the Lesser Key of Solomon... even then I found it abhorrent.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Well said. I remember when I first bought the goetia, I as well thought wtf!? I was confused by the direspect. I thought to myself I will not speak to the entities in this mannor. Nor constrain them in a nine foot circle, nor call upon light entities to assist in constraining. I mainly use it for reference on sigils and the abilities that each entity is willing to show us how to harness along with the corresponding planets of an entity . That's pretty much it.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”