Building an Astral Temple

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Anatel wrote:What is an astral temple? It is a sacred astral space we can create and go to for our meditations, connections and even rituals. Some of us dont have corporeal temples or sacred space to work in. An astral temple can be an ideal alternative.

A lot of people , for whatever reason, be it financial issues or privacy, cannot openly practice but still feel the calling to have somewhere sacred to work, medidate, converse with their Companions and Dark Lords.

You can build an astral temple and you do not have to be a wizard at astral travelling to get there. All you need is to build your visualization skills. This actually is a bit more difficult than you might think, however it IS achievable with practice.

Start small. Think of what makes you relax. Is it a beach? is it a forest? is it a cabin? is it a city or the countryside? Mountains? At the risk of sounding like a Bob Ross instructional video, Im going to say wherever your astral temple will be should be your happy little place. And it can be wherever you want. This is your world. You can make it what you want.

Now close your eyes. You can listen to music if this helps you relax or adds atmosphere. Set it on low though. You want the music to enhance, not overpower. Visualize the perfect setting for your temple. Spend at least ten minutes "programming" the smells, sounds, sights. For example, I like the forest. My astral temple is deep in a forest , away from everyone and everything. I have soft cool grass to walk barefoot on, I have flowers growing all round, the sun shines during the day and the moon is always full at night. I can see tall trees, i can hear a stream nearby. I can see mountains in the distance. I can smell the flowers and the trees. I can hear the birds talking to each other. Hold on to your visual and keep recalling all the details youve put in your area. Keep recalling it until you know it. If it helps you, journal it for easier recall later on if you have trouble remembering details.

Walk away from it for the day or even a few hours. Give those images a chance to take hold in your mind. Even better, doing it before sleep may help you to dream about it where you can "see" it clearer!

The next day , spend another 10 or so minutes recalling your images from the previous day. This time though, lets add a happy little temple. It can just be a series of altars out doors or it can be a house, a castle or even a deathstar should you so choose (for our starwars fans out there ;) ) whatever it is, imagine the structure of it. See it. then walk inside. whats to your left? whats to your right? whats straight ahead? How about whatever the hell you want. Again, in my best Bob Ross voice, this is YOUR world. This is where you will work with your gods and family. Visualize the furniture, if any. the floor, if any, any fixtures you want... you get the idea.

My first temple was a very simple medium sized one room cottage type of structure. It had a thatched roof and inside i visualized it as having altars at all four points and a bigger one in the middle with an achemy type of "lab" on it. I had a fireplace, as I love fireplaces and I wanted it for a light source since i visualized my cottage completely devoid of any modern conveniences. I kept a huge kettle/cauldron near the fire.I visualized a big overstuffed pillow in front of the fire place where i could meditate, cupboards that had endless supplies for any ritual imagineable. I visualized various plants, herbs and oils. I had sigils on the walls, a large baphomet statue at the door, and the floors were bare wood. Not even varnished.

Once you've visualized your structure and had some fun with the decor, quit for the day. Journal what youve created in case you need to recall later on. You can recount your details from beginning to end before you go to bed, sometimes our temples come to us in our dreams.

The next day (or when you have a chance) spend 10-15 minutes again recalling all the details up to this point. You can read your journal, if you've written one, so that you can refresh your memory to all the details youve added prior to visualization. Once youve done that, and you can see your place clearly (dont feel bad if you cant. over time this will become much clearer. Thats why it is a good practice to journal it) Start adding your altar(s) . You can have one or many, that is entirely up to you. Put everything you feel you require for an altar. Is it dedicated to one deity or companion or is it a working one where you will set it up completely different each time? Do you need candles? Incense? Offerings? Cleansing items?

Again, give yourself some time to journal your days work. Write down the layout of your altars so you can come back to that later.
Keep visualizing it over and over, use it as your meditative space. You'll know when youre ready to connect.

*some tips*
- You can invite your Companion to come with you as you create or show them around when youre finished!
-Dont stress out if you are struggling with the visualization process. Rome wasn't built in a day!
-It can be as complex or as simple as you want. There are no hard and fast rules about what should or shouldnt be there. Just enjoy the experience of creating something you love.
-Dont forget to shield your astral space from any intruders, astral parasites, etc!

For those of you who already have astral temples, feel free to leave your tips and hints here as well!
I wanted to tell you last night . I started working some more on my Astral temple doing the visualizing is becoming much more easy ' so I am thinking about working on it every night for about a half an hour if,, I am lucky everybody in the house leaves me alone . this is something I want to do .. I liked the ideal from start when you posted about Astral temples . also Shielding is another thing . I am spending more time working on so I wanted to give you a update on my Astral temple :mrgreen:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

velle thats AWESOME!! I hope everyone gives you some peace! I am really pleased to hear your visualization skills are improving with this. Keep up the good work!

When i made my first one, my youngest was a baby so i would go take a bath, lights off, candle and incense and shut everyone out. it worked wonderfully! Let us know how you get on with your own temple and thanks for sharing that :)
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
user1876
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon

Anatel wrote:velle thats AWESOME!! I hope everyone gives you some peace! I am really pleased to hear your visualization skills are improving with this. Keep up the good work!

When i made my first one, my youngest was a baby so i would go take a bath, lights off, candle and incense and shut everyone out. it worked wonderfully! Let us know how you get on with your own temple and thanks for sharing that :)
Thank you Anatel yes working with my Astral temple is helping me to relax more then every . my joy and peace comes from having such loving companions around me :)
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
user1876

Anatel wrote:velle thats AWESOME!! I hope everyone gives you some peace! I am really pleased to hear your visualization skills are improving with this. Keep up the good work! Anatel I had my first Astrol Projection ' it was awesome so My Astral Temple is something that ' I will be working now for sure ' I ordered some books to study from so Yes ,I wanted to Share this with you Sis :)

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”