Instruments and the 4 elements

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Phlan
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

I just have a random question I though I’d ask. I never really though about it but maybe someone has.
So my primary form of communication is through music. Oh man I’m trying to figure out how to word this so bare with me if I’m a terrible word smith lol. Does anyone here associate musical instruments to the 4 elements and if so what would each be? Like I’d assume woodwinds/brass be air as you are using your own air to make a note. To get to the bottom line of this message I’m just wondering is it possible well working on music to see a relation between the sounds/instruments I’m using as possibly an indication as maybe a DL that would like to possibly start working with me? Like I have noticed that a lot of my more recent beats I have been making sound very open and airy using things like flutes, blowing in bottle. And with air I usually thing of Lucifer. Anyways ya I’m just curious
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

I would think woodwinds would be more air, percussion earth, strings water, and brass fire if were talking an orchestra. I feel that drums in general have a very powerful earthen feel, and flutes are more wind. Talking older instruments, strings eel more fluid, thus water, and fire would be brass.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Phlan

Totally had the same feeling on drums! And I was wondering about guitar and I can 100% see it being water. I was pondering this morning what about synthesizer? Or like Modular synths(this to me feel like strange living instruments in there own way)
Phlan

Oh!!!!! Those instruments are soo sweet! Love that Japanese water bowl one and the Greek string one played by the wind!! The fire explosion one is also super interesting! I mean they are all extremely interesting!
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Nothing more earthy than a big bass drum
I can see the guitar as being fluid (water)
The Tibetan Temple Bell would be both earth and air, or maybe Earth of Air
And I'm going to say the Moog is Spirit/Void in that it has infinite potential
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I also equate woodwinds with air, brass with fire, strings with water and percussion with earth.
It gets even more fun when you start playing the harmony of the spheres where you get into specific musical notes/scales associated with planets.
Phlan

Ok that’s interning both the moog(lol I only have moog synth 😂) and the notes/scales of the planets! I have never heard of that I mean I could google it but I’d rather hear more of it on here. Would you mind explaining that more?!

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”