Race/Ethnicity/Culture

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
alikat13
Patron Deities: Aries, Hades, Lilith, Aphrodite
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Utu wrote:I'm Mexican and Salvadorian, but on my dads side his grandpa on his moms side was Chinese and his dads mom was german. But I generally associate more with Mexico and el Salvador. Its hard growing up the the states and being 'different' I went through a lot of discrimination with my dad because I was the first one in our family to learn English and when we went out even though I was only like 9 but people would give my father the most terrible disgusted looks for not being able to speak english. I really miss mexico and el Salvador the jungles there really call out to me and its my dream to move back there one day and live in the jungles.
That's horrible Utu that sucks that your dad went through that. I get discriminated where I live because I don't speak Spanish actually and everyone assumes I just know it automatically because of my skin color and well I am Mexican but I don't know Spanish :unsuredevil: . I live right by Mexico so the majority of people here speak Spanish but not everyone speaks English so it's hard to communicate with some people especially at my job because most clients only know Spanish.

I'm learning how to speak Spanish though and I'm getting the hang of it little by little. The only words I was ever taught as a child were the curse words so I would know if anyone was talking smack about me :lol:

I hope you get to go back to Mexico Utu I've been to Mexico a few times, I remember laying beside the ocean I forgot where I was I think I was in Cancun but I also went to a little town when I was younger to buy some clothes or Mexican candy lol (tbh it's way too spicy for me lol I can't handle that many spicy foods). I never been to jungle before I hope one day I'll be able to.
"Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic" - Frida Kahlo

"You're mad. Bonkers, Off your head... but I'll tell you a secret all the best people are" Alice In Wonderland
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Everyone is mixed some how in some way.

I have anglo, two different native american that I know of, some German, and mexican.
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Western and Eastern European, Scandinavian, Sephardic Jewish, and a tiny bit of Indian Subcontinent via Romany (Gypsy) heritage, Italian that I didn't know about until a few years ago, and a very tiny bit of British Isles. Partner is mostly Welsh and French with a little bit of Sephardic Jew, so our birth child is a blend of ours, but our second child is mostly African American and half Mexican, but most of the Mexican half is Native American, with some Asian, European, and a small bit of Polynesian, so quite the blend. And deities and spirits from all of these backgrounds -- and from different regions our families have lived in over time -- pop up around here -- also, we have a strong ancestor practice that includes all of our families' collective ancestors -- since there's been a lot of adoption and complicated marriages within my family in past generations, too, we are quite unusually crowded with ancestors. Also, polyamory, which potentially brings in even more lines of ancestral connection.
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

From what I know, I am of Eastern European Jewish descent.

I have been wanting to look into My family's genealogy and ancestry, and plan to get a DNA test to find out more.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Utu
Patron Deities: Namma

alikat13 wrote:
Utu wrote:I'm Mexican and Salvadorian, but on my dads side his grandpa on his moms side was Chinese and his dads mom was german. But I generally associate more with Mexico and el Salvador. Its hard growing up the the states and being 'different' I went through a lot of discrimination with my dad because I was the first one in our family to learn English and when we went out even though I was only like 9 but people would give my father the most terrible disgusted looks for not being able to speak english. I really miss mexico and el Salvador the jungles there really call out to me and its my dream to move back there one day and live in the jungles.
That's horrible Utu that sucks that your dad went through that. I get discriminated where I live because I don't speak Spanish actually and everyone assumes I just know it automatically because of my skin color and well I am Mexican but I don't know Spanish :unsuredevil: . I live right by Mexico so the majority of people here speak Spanish but not everyone speaks English so it's hard to communicate with some people especially at my job because most clients only know Spanish.

I'm learning how to speak Spanish though and I'm getting the hang of it little by little. The only words I was ever taught as a child were the curse words so I would know if anyone was talking smack about me :lol:

I hope you get to go back to Mexico Utu I've been to Mexico a few times, I remember laying beside the ocean I forgot where I was I think I was in Cancun but I also went to a little town when I was younger to buy some clothes or Mexican candy lol (tbh it's way too spicy for me lol I can't handle that many spicy foods). I never been to jungle before I hope one day I'll be able to.
That happens a lot with hispanics here. I'm so sorry that happens where you are. Discrimination is really sad. Its like not Mexican enough here if you don't speak Spanish and 'wrong' if you do. We just can't win lol. If you ever need someone to practice Spanish with let me know, we can be study buddies. Mines getting really rusty since I never use it anymore. I will occassionaly with some of my far away family but no one will speak it in the house anymore since we are all so used to English.

Thank you!! I hope so too! I'm using my brain power. It will happen! I see myself in the jungles.

P.s sorry for all the typos))
Darth Moronius

Make me remember thisvideo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFDquiBU3A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

Oh id like to chime in!... I am ethnically Chinese. Born in Hong Kong. There is Taiwanese and allegedly some European (I don't trust anything my mom says lmao) on my mother's side. Perhaps it was the reason why my natural hair isn't fully black, but darkish brown. My dad is pure Chinese. For some reason, other asian people say I look Korean. It's quite a boring heritage compared to you guys lmao. No one in my family tree was involved with magick, or paganism. Mom's a devout Christian, my dad is an atheist I believe. Since my mom studied in a Catholic school (my grandmother being the principal of said school), I was sent to a Catholic primary and secondary school that trashes on demons, Satan and hell etc (oh the irony). I am pretty much the first in my family to get involved with magick, spirituality and demons!

Fun fact: I am an identical twin! I am right handed , while my sister is left handed. Our hair also parts in the opposite directions. She was interested in demonolatry, but she said she is "too grounded" to fully commit. If she had gone through with it, she would pick a Hellborn demoness for a companion. Pazuzu once appeared in her dream too, which made me envious...
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

What a fascinating read!!!!!

For me;

Mum's side = Her mum was Irish / Spanish and her dad French/ Madagascar / cockney (my nan and grandad)
Dad's side = His mum was Irish / cockney and his dad was Irish / Northumberland (my nan and grandad)

My husband and I lived in Canada for 7 years and had 3 more children out there so although our eldest emigrated with us he classes his soul as Canadian as he lived his first 9 years out there, and our youngest 3 have dual citizenship as they were born in NS and ON. The youngest 3 class themselves as purely Canadian and keep saying they are still here on a mega holiday and will be going home when the are 18!!!!
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Denerah Erzebet
Patron Deities: Astaroth, Freya, Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Lucifer, Paimon, Bael, Balam
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I'm Italian and German for the most part, and with a bit of French from the francophone/canadian side of my family.

Funny thing is that I didn't realize my french-canadian side were settlers from Bavaria (Germany), traced as far back as 1705. Then the Northern Italian part probably has some Germanic blood if I bothered looking past the 5 generations I currently know of haha.
Explains why I could never do "solomonic" stuff, and gravitate towards the more intense and direct experience of Pagan-Shamanic style conjuration of "dark entities"
Sansah
Patron Deities: Lord Azazel, Lord Lucifuge Rofocale, Lord Belial, King Sael

That is a very interesting background you have and plethora of cultures you had experienced.

With me, I am Black American, Indigenous American (Muscogee, Catawba Indian, and Rappahannock), Latina (Cuban), Caucasian (Irish, German, English, Basque, and Western Russian (Sami people and Nenets people), Caribbean (Haitian and Jamaican from my maternal grandfather), and some Asian Descent (One of my maternal Great Grandparents came from Indonesia). I was born and raised in the South. I realized that with all these different ethnic backgrounds, I have within myself; I have found a connection to them in some way. My mother didn't realize that some of the food she made was a mix of Black/Carib, Spanish, and Asian Cuisine.(the Cuban is not from my Maternal side, but the Indonesian Blood runs through her.) She only knows it as food she was raised on. She was part of the "1 drop rule" generation and labeled only as Black woman, despite having a white passing mother (she was largely Caucasian by blood but had Indigenous and Asian in her) and despite my mom having blue-brown eyes. It didn't bother her as she wholly identifies as that and of course that is her choice to make. We all respect that.

Anywho.....

I grew up watching Irish dancers do performances. I had to observe alot of Carib superstitions around the house b/c my mom would have a fit if I didn't. I was around the Asian diaspora very early in life. I even have Japanese family members who come to the family reunion every year. All we know is that waaay back then, A Japanese man fell in love with a family member and here come the cousins. One of my mom's 1st cousin's is 1/2 Japanese. She is built like an Amazon woman but she is extremely beautiful !!!
All of my ancestors on my mother's side of the family was born and most of them reared, on Indigenous deed-ed land. So when my maternal grandmother towards the end of her elderly life caught Alzheimer's, she would sometimes sing in either a dialect of Siouan language or in Creek. I would sit by her feet and listen.

Now Im hoping to keep the tradition alive by making sure my son and any future children would NEVER forget where they came from and who are their ancestors.
"To bear trials with a calm mind robs misfortune of its strength and burden." -Seneca :devilread:

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”