the new Sabrina show

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Sorry I didn’t elaborate more.
Well I didn’t like any of the characters.
I miss Salem’s snarkiness!
Why does one aunt have a British accent? How are they sisters??
Zelda is a bitch ... most of the witches are stuck up snobs.

The themes were really heavy-handed:
Witch bad
Satan bad
Men bad
Women good
Dark bad
Light good

Ugh.. the feminism was just shoveled in enough to make me gag.
‘Satan the dark lord’ looked like Pan on steroids.
Instead of the free will of Satanism, it’s all about not having a choice and being controlled by men and blah blah blah.
It makes the occult look bad.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Well one thing I do enjoy is the show highlighting on how teens can be really self-absorbed nowadays. I mean it is a common issue with youngsters. They have a little power and they heck the consequences and think they can do whatever and get away with it like a charm. So there’s a nice little theme there about responsibilities.

And the character nuances and complexities between the aunts is another thing I enjoy. I mean they aren’t perfect, but no one is. The show does a nice job of developing these complexities in a dark-humoured way.

I actually felt that the tone of the show is pretty humourous. And every time I see Satan the goat head portrayed, it drives me wild with laughter. I mean these are some of the things that makes the show funny and enjoyable, to me at least. And salem’s snarkiness although missed more than makes up for it by his purring and adorableness. And cousin Ambrose is eye candy.... :roll:
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Shifa

The new Salem is a badass. *nod nod* And a pretty kitty with cute noises.
Passemoon

Lol! Those kitty eyes right....

I feel like starting a new thread on Charmed reboot... now that one gets my tongue tsk tsking lol.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
user309

Hmmm... see? now i am getting a lot more information and that nudges me to watch. However, the bad points makes me rethink twice about wasting my time to watch it especially the feminism part :X But then again, as alikat pointed out, they are for entertainment purposes and to be fair the producers and the actors are not occult people so you cannot fault them for being "I do not know how to correctly portray something that is taboo to us" thingy. hmmm... to watch or not to watch, that is the question to be answered. I will sit on it and look at more comments before i decide. To be honest, I saw another occult buddy posted this same show on his timeline which piqued my interest. The only difference is he put lots of spoilers (with spoiler alert at the topic) so I did not click in to read :P wuahahahaha.... If i were to watch i do not want to know the spoilers so to speak so.. yeah... I am keeping a lookout here instead :P Thanks for all the feedbacks :P
Passemoon

Lol go watch la Wolf. Pretty girl. Cute black cat and 2 aunties. All your favourite elements in one show, especially the aunties. The types you like :whip:
ImageImage

Ludwig van Beethoven
Darth Moronius

Passemoon wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:38 pm
Well one thing I do enjoy is the show highlighting on how teens can be really self-absorbed nowadays. I mean it is a common issue with youngsters. They have a little power and they heck the consequences and think they can do whatever and get away with it like a charm. So there’s a nice little theme there about responsibilities.
not just teen :devilflame:
Shifa

Well it’s funny, they’re being sued about the Baphomet statue.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/satanic-t ... of-sabrina
Calin

Given that some of the magic in there is actually workable and some obvious appeal to the masses style satanism, I really enjoyed this. Decent hexing, using the four winds for a particular spell (no spoilers)... Netflix is embracing occult/supernatural more and more, and they are getting better. Recommended.
Calin

Lokakisa wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:19 am
Well it’s funny, they’re being sued about the Baphomet statue.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/satanic-t ... of-sabrina
Lol I didn't realise Eliphas Levi was still around to support this action... Not sure how anyone including the satanic temple can call exclusive rights to his image of baphomet.

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”