the new Sabrina show

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

*Old Eldritch Noc*.. The only programs I make time to consecutively view these days are The Alfred Hitchcock Hour & American Horror Story.
Yes that's Alfred Hitchcock, 1960s. Still amusing and titillating to this day. And it airs at around 1 o'clock in the morning which suits my nocturnal crazies pretty nicely. If I am not up that late I can just have it recorded and enjoy my murder with breakfast.

I remember watching the old Sabrina now and again as a kid, though. I could have guessed they'd 'new' it up at some point. Based on what you all have noted, it does sound like an interesting turn whether for better or worse.

AHS meanwhile features Witchcraft 'vs.' Satanism in a pretty exaggerated, humorous and enlightening manner this season.. so I'd recommend it to this crowd if you're intrigued by witchy-wtf-you learn-something-new-every-day apocalyptic business. And you don't mind violence and sexuality.
I'm not with the PC police so I don't remove points from the show for merging atheistic and theistic Satanism into some weird alternate reality conglomeration for the sake of entertainment. That's not a spoiler, just preparing anyone who ultimately chooses to watch. You can overlook it easily if you focus on how charming they have made the Antichrist.

"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Calin

Noctua wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:37 pm
*Old Eldritch Noc*.. The only programs I make time to consecutively view these days are The Alfred Hitchcock Hour & American Horror Story.
Yes that's Alfred Hitchcock, 1960s. Still amusing and titillating to this day. And it airs at around 1 o'clock in the morning which suits my nocturnal crazies pretty nicely. If I am not up that late I can just have it recorded and enjoy my murder with breakfast.

I remember watching the old Sabrina now and again as a kid, though. I could have guessed they'd 'new' it up at some point. Based on what you all have noted, it does sound like an interesting turn whether for better or worse.

AHS meanwhile features Witchcraft 'vs.' Satanism in a pretty exaggerated, humorous and enlightening manner this season.. so I'd recommend it to this crowd if you're intrigued by witchy-wtf-you learn-something-new-every-day apocalyptic business. And you don't mind violence and sexuality.
I'm not with the PC police so I don't remove points from the show for merging atheistic and theistic Satanism into some weird alternate reality conglomeration for the sake of entertainment. That's not a spoiler, just preparing anyone who ultimately chooses to watch. You can overlook it easily if you focus on how charming they have made the Antichrist.

Loving this seasons American Horror Story!!! I don't take any TV show seriously, it is entertainment so I don't care too much if they get aspects of it wrong as I see it. If I want dedicated and 'proper' ritual, I go to my study and fire up the candles :devilthumbs:
user309

Passemoon wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 pm
Lol go watch la Wolf. Pretty girl. Cute black cat and 2 aunties. All your favourite elements in one show, especially the aunties. The types you like :whip:
.... what you mean my type :P I only want young pretty nice soft tender sweet cute girls :X I do not want aunties :X
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

wolfy wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:04 pm
Passemoon wrote:
Lol go watch la Wolf. Pretty girl. Cute black cat and 2 aunties. All your favourite elements in one show, especially the aunties. The types you like :whip:
.... what you mean my type :P I only want young pretty nice soft tender sweet cute girls :X I do not want aunties :X

Well..... then the lead Sabrina ought to fit the above description :X
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
user309

Passemoon wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 pm
wolfy wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:04 pm
Passemoon wrote:

Well..... then the lead Sabrina ought to fit the above description :X
Girls... not girl. If only one girl I still can consider but I think i will wait for a bit more. By the reviews here I am really on the fence about the show :X so... wait and see when i get around to watching it :X
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

I’ve just started watching AHS myself .. gotta ways to go since I’m at season 1. Seems pretty good though.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Cthulhus Tentacle

We've been watching more episodes, it kind of grows on you. More edgy than the original, which my kids watched. I'll check out AHS, it looks interesting.
Lilith Regina Immortalis
ImpQueen
Patron Deities: closed
Your favourite Demon?: Belial/Ipos/Seere
Number of Demon Familiars: 35

I grew up with Sabrina and I'm kinda living and loving for/this reboot of it.

Plus the spells are fun and kinda awesome.
"Be nice, for the moment you stop people will not believe the nice anymore. So be Nice until you can't be nice anymore, then destroy them."

“You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs."
No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble.
Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is fucking stupid. Are you kidding me?" - Patton Oswalt
Heidi

I actually liked the new Sabrina show. Not fell in love with it, but it's really ok. Plus, other than the obvious reverse of everything Christian, it's probably the most accurate show I've watched in a long while from an occult perspective. Lots of things could actually work in real-life magic (not mentioning specifics so there will be no spoilers in case someone hasn't watched yet).

I also ended up liking the Charmed reboot, which I didn't expect at all. I didn't like the first episode at all, felt so different to the original, the characters didn't seem very interesting etc. But by the third episode I got hooked and now I can't wait to see what happens next! I heard the original cast didn't take it so well that they are making a Charmed reboot and didn't invite them or consult with them first, but if you get over the fact that it's a Charmed reboot and you approach it as a completely different series then it looks promising.
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Heidi wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 am
I actually liked the new Sabrina show. Not fell in love with it, but it's really ok. Plus, other than the obvious reverse of everything Christian, it's probably the most accurate show I've watched in a long while from an occult perspective. Lots of things could actually work in real-life magic (not mentioning specifics so there will be no spoilers in case someone hasn't watched yet).

I also ended up liking the Charmed reboot, which I didn't expect at all. I didn't like the first episode at all, felt so different to the original, the characters didn't seem very interesting etc. But by the third episode I got hooked and now I can't wait to see what happens next! I heard the original cast didn't take it so well that they are making a Charmed reboot and didn't invite them or consult with them first, but if you get over the fact that it's a Charmed reboot and you approach it as a completely different series then it looks promising.

Well I do hope that the charmed reboot gets better as the episodes go on. Right now the characters are not doing much for me. I feel like a lot of the points are made for the sake of making a point. I’m looking forward to more character development and nuances.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”