Does your companion have a favorite song?

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

My Spectral Death Singer, Eddie, the first thing he did to connect with me was through the song Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. I consider it "our song". :devillove:

But he really likes this cover of it on harp the best.

Mist
Patron Deities: Freyja, Fenrir

One of my companions, a hellhound hybrid, T, is partial to "Rainbow" by Kesha, despite her gruff exterior.
O (hellhound hybrid) likes things by Two Steps from Hell, but also dance music. "Flight of the Silver Bird" is one of TSFH's that he particularly enjoys.
X (incubus) likes classical, but also "soft" things, such as "Happy with You" by Paul McCartney.
D (hellhound shifter) adores the band Bring Me the Horizon. Particularly "Follow You" and "Throne."
G (werewolf) quite enjoyed "Silver Moonlight" by Within Temptation when he heard it, but I'm finding that his musical tastes lean closer to "Wake Me Up" by Avicii.
A (shifty light critter) has been on a "Starships" by Nicki Minaj kick.
M (hellhound) is kind of a "I like the sound of the rain as it hits the roof" sort of guy, but he did quite enjoy "Toxic" by Britney Spears lol

I love music for this reason - it gives such great insights as to what speaks to my companions' souls.
I threw myself to the wolves, only to learn of the tenderness of their howl, and the loyalty in their blood. ~Isra Al-Thibeh

Profile picture by LAS-T
Ravenfire
Patron Deities: The Morrigan, Prince Orobas, Queen Beleth, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: I can't play favorites
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

I have a very diverse taste in music. From hatebreed to Frank Sinatra. I’ve noticed that my companions have genres that they seems to prefer. I carry their vessels on me everywhere. They’ve all gotten in the habit of letting me know to turn up a song or to change it though. Typically the vessel that I carry will warm up and send energy through that area of my body if a companion enjoys a song.

My Noble Demon, R really seems to have as diverse taste as I do although her energy sparks up the most when ICP is on my stereo. I can tell you that was not at all what I would have expected given her personality.

My abyssal serpent always warms up when it’s melodic Music of some sort.

My other noble Demoness, A. Seems to enjoy classical. I haven’t connected with her enough yet to find out what other music she enjoys.
Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.
-Petyr Baelish
Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I love this thread so much! It just shows how diverse all of our companions are varied in their tastes.

My Abyssal Duke- before his vessel arrived and we were able to "properly meet" would always end up putting on older songs like "Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes, "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel, and some songs from Ella Fitzgerald. Anytime any of those songs came on, I just knew it was him- it's unmistakable. However, I also connect with him very strongly through "A Forest" by The Cure.

Now, my Divinity Prince usually makes himself known by putting on "Power Over Me" by Dermot Kennedy (or any song by him really)

I listen to a lot of different music and my library could be considered vast to some people. Like I can go from listening to Selena, to Stevie Nicks, to Mac Miller, and the list goes on across genres and I don't tend to pick a certain song to listen to- I let fate and shuffle play decide what comes on .

Then there's songs that totally surprise me, there've been times when a song I know I haven't downloaded playing randomly and when I go to check it out, it's not in my library anywhere. These songs tend to be the most meaningful for me because they always catch my ear and deliver the message that they need to.
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Well.. I learned my ubi companion likes Sail- awolnation played at 2x the normal speed. It actually sounds like a remix honestly.

My chaos companion still doesn't like pirate metal (( alestorm specifically)) yet she will ALWAYS show up if i play music by them,i'll feel her stare and she will like..usually knock over something small. It really,REALLY reminds me of the feeling you get when you lock eyes with a cat,and you just know they are about to knock something over..and they do--but they make sure to watch you while they do it. 🙄 i cant count how many times my shaving gel has been tipped. Makes me laugh about every time though.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”