Painting with wool - needle and wet felting

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Sengdroma wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:41 pm
One of my favourite felt pieces I created for Samhain last year. I'm hoping to work on some more bit with the children off school now due to lockdown it is a case of finding "mummy time" to do my hobbies in!! I wet felt all my own backgrounds and then needle felt on top so I really need the children occupied!!
Oh my gosh! That is so beautiful! It constantly amazes me, although I don't why it should, that so many board members are deeply involved in creative projects across all mediums and forms!
Could it be that with self-empowerment, a well-spring of creative energy is tapped into? And the forms it manifests in are as individual as the, well, individual creating it?

I haven't yet summoned the courage to post my photography (Cemetery photography! I actually hand stitched the book to hold it, using hand-made paper and printing the photos myself. It took three months to make, worth every minute, although only a handful of people have seen it. They, for the most part, didn't "get it" Why photograph a cemetery?) or my goddess and Chakra necklaces. Or my fiction writing.

Will you post more photos of your work? It's really beautiful!
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Passchendaele

Sengdroma wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:33 am
Gee thank you so much for your kind words. It really is appreciated. I am working on an unusual one for President Buer based off of a photograph I saw. I love needle felting as it really relaxes me and is a great way to release tension and my PTSD. I prefer working 2 D but the odd 3D piece is fun to do.

This one is a dedication to the Elemental Water Dragon and it was done to represent healing. I make these things yet have no idea what to do with them and so for now they are all in my cupboard under the stairs x
What this board needs is.....an ART SHOW Include all the arts! Poetry, music, painting, photography, sculpture, and anything else any board member put together in a fit of creative mania! That would certainly include gardening and other Earth arts! Culinary, body art, The sky's the limit!

I don't know how we'll do the wine and cheese buffet that any REAL gallery showing would include. Some of the guys would have to wear turtlenecks with blazers. (paisley silk neckerchiefs? Corduroy blazers with leather elbow patches? I'm wearing my black Levi jacket with regimental cap badges, cuz that's what I wear for 2/3's of the year)

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Gosh that is a fantastic idea. I hope the admin see this. I think that something like that would be great during the lockdown, a place where we can showcase ourselves and talents. Bringing even more people together online to celebrate diversity.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Mist
Patron Deities: Freyja, Fenrir

I love it when you share these! They are gorgeous and they make my heart happy! :devillove:
I threw myself to the wolves, only to learn of the tenderness of their howl, and the loyalty in their blood. ~Isra Al-Thibeh

Profile picture by LAS-T
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Arr thank you. I am glad you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoy making them. Mind you, careful what you wish for, I am running out of storage space so you all may end up with random lockdown freebie gifts xxx
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Passchendaele

Sengdroma wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm
I hope you can make the crow heads out on this piece, it is rather more abstract. This is a devotional piece I made for The Morrigan and I hand stitched real crow feather (which are found everywhere here in the UK) on top of the green wool which represents her protection and home of Ireland.
Crows! I love them! there are many here in the part of the U.S. I live in and they are the Winter Birds for me. To walk in the woods in mid-winter and hear the crows call out. All is silent. The facade of death lies on everything, then black wings burst from low branches and bushes, they wheel overhead, then quickly settle again....and watch..... Their eyes are on me, but not like other birds do, reacting to my body movements, "Is it a threat, or not?" They simply watch. Close at hand.

I love it when they will do that, then fly ahead to a tree a little further away, then settle in to watch again. They are watching me not because I may be a threat, but because they wish to observe, ME. It is an honor to be chosen in this way and it doesn't happen every day.

I have noticed other birds may do this as well, but with crows, I feel honored that they do this.

William Butler Yeats

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”