Rubber Band Sensation During Meditation

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
windyjune
Patron Deities: Satan, Andras, Belial, Lilith, Rashoon, Lucifer, Paimon, Leviathan

Hopefully this is a good place to post but I’ve had an experience the last year that kinda baffles me. I was curious to see if anyone has experienced something like it before.

When I’m in the process of going to sleep I usually meditate or connect with one of my companions and after some time in that process this sensation suddenly comes over me. There’s a deep silence that takes over then its almost as if my entire body gets hit by a large rubber band it doesn’t hurt but it’s almost like a shock that goes through my body. I hear it simultaneously in my mind a sudden loud pop/crack sound and I suddenly become very conscious of my physical body and whatever trance I was in is over.

It scared me at first but now it’s happened enough times I’m more curious. It started last year when I began actively working with the metaphysical and meditation it only happens at night when I get into an in between state. I’ve felt myself fall into my body before but this feels a bit different so I’m curious if this is like an OBE? I’ve heard similar descriptions of the sensations however.. I’m not trying to leave my body and I don’t see anything. I’ve been trying to learn more about it but haven’t found what I’m looking for online yet and as quickly as it happens it’s over.

Its become quite a fascination for me so I would be interested in any input or thoughts :crazy:
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

I do not think it's related to OBE. Could be an awaking of senses of some kind. I've heard of the popping sounds before in regards to hearing.
windyjune
Patron Deities: Satan, Andras, Belial, Lilith, Rashoon, Lucifer, Paimon, Leviathan

Red6joker wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:37 pm
I do not think it's related to OBE. Could be an awaking of senses of some kind. I've heard of the popping sounds before in regards to hearing.
Oh thank you for the response! Mm I was hesitant about that it didn't feel quite right to be OBE, but wasn't sure.

That was also at the back of my mind as a possible awakening of senses I've been trying to take note when it occurs most frequent. Glad to hear the popping sounds aren't unheard of though. I've experienced ear ringing but this has been throwing me off haha.
Red6joker

windyjune wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pm
Red6joker wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:37 pm
Oh thank you for the response! Mm I was hesitant about that it didn't feel quite right to be OBE, but wasn't sure.

That was also at the back of my mind as a possible awakening of senses I've been trying to take note when it occurs most frequent. Glad to hear the popping sounds aren't unheard of though. I've experienced ear ringing but this has been throwing me off haha.
Ah yeah the ringing ears can be a sign of astal hearing opening up but that is not always the case. Everyone is different.

If what you are experiencing does not hurt or causing you to be in fear, I would not worry. Try and go with the flow if that makes sense :)

But thats just my opinion.
windyjune

Red6joker wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Ah yeah the ringing ears can be a sign of astal hearing opening up but that is not always the case. Everyone is different.

If what you are experiencing does not hurt or causing you to be in fear, I would not worry. Try and go with the flow if that makes sense :)

Hmm that's a good point. I read about that a bit before to see if I could find parallels with the popping sound, but unsure as it occurs always in such a specific circumstance. I suppose time will tell.

I think that's the best course of action for now and appreciate hearing it. Thank you for helping me think through it :devilgrin:
Red6joker

windyjune wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:18 am
Red6joker wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Hmm that's a good point. I read about that a bit before to see if I could find parallels with the popping sound, but unsure as it occurs always in such a specific circumstance. I suppose time will tell.

I think that's the best course of action for now and appreciate hearing it. Thank you for helping me think through it :devilgrin:
No worries, and good luck.

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”