Hoodoo Totem Work: Manifestations of Aspects

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

I would firstly like to say that I did not know whether or not to post this in Magical Workings or Meditations so if some of the content within this post seem like they belong in magical workings then you know why. This is my own personal form of magic which I sometimes use in Hoodoo and consider as a personal branch of Hoodoo myself.

Manifesting aspects is a term I use to describe a process of finding oneself by going through a certain state of mind that requires contemplation and thought in order to discover certain aspects of yourself and manifesting them into their own way. I know people don't want to just sit around and read a bunch of pointless words and such so let's just start it off with the first step of using manifestations of aspects of yourself.

The Division.

In order to begin you must enter a thoughtful form of meditation in a way and find a way to bring out pieces of yourself and energies in which you naturally produce or hold. Think of yourself as a tree very tall and strong and sturdy. Your roots are what connects you to the world as your leaves are what absorbs the energy of the sun. We already know the functions of a tree but as humans we are more complex as trees and what this whole procedure is to find these aspects of yourself and carve them onto the tree making your totem. I want you to begin by pulling forth as many energies and traits out of yourself to try to categorize as many as possible in nameless groups. Once you have these groups begin the second process.

The Identification.

Go through each of your groups and kind of separate the traits from the energies yet keeping them in the same group. The traits will sort of form the aspect itself and work as a body as the energies will work as a soul to really bring these aspects to life. Take the most solid pieces of yourself which are your traits and start really comparing them to certain animals and start piecing them together once you've found what animals or primal aspects they match you begin the next step.

The Carving.

This step is a form of solidification. Remember, as I said, think of yourself as a tree as you meditate. Once this tree mindset sets in, breath life into this concept to make it solid then kind of leave it and take an approach as a bystander. I think of yourself almost as a stranger with ties to this tree (which is you). You are going to pull the traits of the tree towards you thus making the animals appear as carvings upon it. Like tattoos but for the soul lol. Feel your traits pour into these primal concepts of these animal aspects as though you are actually a tree forming carvings of animals. Once you are complete with solidifying your aspects you then start breathing the ability of life into them. Take the energies associated with each and kind of push them within the shape of each animal and then force them down a bit and let them kind of get this feeling of life about them. Think of these energies as sleeping. Being produced naturally of course by you but by doing these you are assigning these energies to be poured into these sleeping aspects. Now comes the fun part.

The Calling.

You are complete once you've finished the first three steps. The calling is an additional step for how to manifest and use these aspects. You must first find your intent and which of your aspects would make the best agent for this task. Once you do get into a form of concentration then surround the energies of a certain aspect around the intent and the energy of the intent, kind of let them fuse then push the intent into the mind of the aspect. This is kind of like putting a GPS into their mind. They'll work as agents by using aspects of your traits and your energies to run on to make whatever you are intending to come true. Think of the pushing your intent into them as waking them up and letting their carving push out from the tree (you) and explore the world to retrieve what you desire. Think of it as casting a spell but instead of a spell you are casting out these aspects to do your bidding. Keep in mind though these are pieces of yourself I'm just teaching you a way to divide yourself and push spiritual aspects of yourself out of your own spiritual form and cast them out into the world to perform certain magical tasks.

This may be the end of the tutorial but I do have tips and guides to help you with some of this so just keep reading.

A Small List of Primal Aspects, What They Represent, and Their Energies.

The Serpent- The Serpent is a carving you put upon your totem to coil it around the entire thing for protection. The serpent is an aspect of fear and vicious protection. It coils around your totem to show how paranoia has a grip on your spirit. The Serpent carving is a symbol of trust issues that can either restrict you from achieving certain things (falling in love, committing to someone, etc.) or can protect you from other things. It's energies are of dark and shadowy protection. People who hold The Serpent are people who feel they don't have control and must rely on sarcasm or have trust issues in one way or another or have problems with paranoia. The Serpent's energies give off the message of "Don't tread on me" as a snake can be docile until you step near it. It can be cast into the world to attack people who are threatening you or to put a stronger coil around you to protect you from ominous entities.

The Bear- The Bear is a carving set upon the totem to give off energies of immense strength and protection. It is a very earthy aspect and has the primal energy of the maternal. This aspect can be utilized to cast into the world to give off energies of strength and bravado. People who have the Bear are people who have very intuitive and protective instincts. They can be stubborn and can attack those who try to go against them as an individual. They are very strong and can tolerate many spiritual and emotional wounds.

The Hound- The Hound is a carving of intuition and knowledge found upon research. This is a creature of hunting and primal energy. People with The Hound within them are usually people who have a sense of sensual and primal and more animalistic nature. They are also people who have keen energy reading abilities as the hound has keen sniffing skills. The Hound can work as a seeker of prey meaning hunting opportunities and finding the energies of these things and bringing them to you. Utilize this aspect by casting it into the world to bring in energies of love opportunities, business, and much more.

The Owl- The Owl carving is like the hound in a way by also being a seeker. However this is a seeker of knowledge. People with The Owl aspect within them usually are people who are wise and intellectual. most psychics or magic users have the owl as they can be intuned with a higher level. Utilize the Owl by casting it into the world to retrieve intuition, wisdom, awareness, and better memory.

The Nightingale- The Nightingale is a messenger carving and can be utilized to send out messages to certain people such as warnings and much more. People with the Nightingale usually are complete and total social butterflies who can attract but not compel. The Nightingale's song is pleasing to the ear and may provide inspiration but may never truly compel a man to do anything.

The Ram- The Ram is a standoffish carving which can be cast into the world to shove certain energies out of your life. People who hold the Ram are usually people who are bluntly honest and are not afraid to voice their opinion. Most Aries should naturally have the Ram.

The Lion- The Lion is a carving of imposing will and can be cast into the world to send off energies of bravado and territory. This carving can be used as a ward to ward off people who wish to have strife towards you. Leos should naturally hold the Lion and so should people who have a sense of "you can't walk over me" about them. Unlike the snake which holds a warning the Lion holds a ward. A solid energy of "YOU CANT" rather than "YOU SHOULDNT" prideful people and confident people have the Lion which usually is the polar opposite of the Serpent in almost every way.

The Rooster- The Rooster is like the lion but not as much. Rather than a ward the Rooster is like a silent ownership. They will not warn nor impose their will upon another but they are cocky and have an ego. They have territory to protect and those who have this sense of high ego and attacking of those who tread upon your pride (your territory) then you hold the Rooster with you. Cast the Rooster into the world to attack those who have harmed your reputation or pride. The Rooster is the ultimate protectors of a persons name.

The Cat- The Cat is a carving of versatility, mental agility, mental flexibility, and curious nature. People who hold the Cat are not mischievous but rather curious. They can be apathetic at times and are usually curious to the reaction of others through certain conditions they provide whether it be annoying someone or giving them affection. The Cat is also a form of investigation through seductive manipulation. The Cat comes naturally to sociopaths and people who are interested in Psychological studies. Utilize the Cat by casting it into the world to initiate or invoke certain emotions from people, or to make them more malleable to manipulation.

There are many more than this not saying that there is actually an official list.. It all depends on how you identify your category of traits into which traits of the primal aspects.

An Example: My Totem.

My Totem begins with the Hound, upon that is the Ram, then there is the Cat, perching upon the cat is the Owl, and coiling around the entire tree is the Serpent.

Each of this things are connected to me in their own way. I naturally hold the Snake, Cat, and Ram. My Arian nature, my interest in psychological and my apathetic tendencies, plus my paranoia and issues with trusting others. Of course each one comes naturally in their own right but these are the main ones that stick out. The owl comes with wisdom and intunement with the higher level as a magic user usually people described as "old souls" hold this aspect and the hound was because of my intuitive and strange reading abilities...

I truly did hope you enjoyed reading, I must add that this is actually my own certain of trademarked form of magic and I would appreciate you giving me credit if you were to tell others though I won't go out of my way to actually go against you for not. I also would like to ask if you'd like more posts on my Hoodoo Totem Work which will include spells and such and how I utilize it and all that good junk. Please feel free to pm me with any questions I hope this was helpful! ^^
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

Catamite wrote:I would firstly like to say that I did not know whether or not to post this in Magical Workings or Meditations so if some of the content within this post seem like they belong in magical workings then you know why. This is my own personal form of magic which I sometimes use in Hoodoo and consider as a personal branch of Hoodoo myself.

Manifesting aspects is a term I use to describe a process of finding oneself by going through a certain state of mind that requires contemplation and thought in order to discover certain aspects of yourself and manifesting them into their own way. I know people don't want to just sit around and read a bunch of pointless words and such so let's just start it off with the first step of using manifestations of aspects of yourself.

The Division.

In order to begin you must enter a thoughtful form of meditation in a way and find a way to bring out pieces of yourself and energies in which you naturally produce or hold. Think of yourself as a tree very tall and strong and sturdy. Your roots are what connects you to the world as your leaves are what absorbs the energy of the sun. We already know the functions of a tree but as humans we are more complex as trees and what this whole procedure is to find these aspects of yourself and carve them onto the tree making your totem. I want you to begin by pulling forth as many energies and traits out of yourself to try to categorize as many as possible in nameless groups. Once you have these groups begin the second process.

The Identification.

Go through each of your groups and kind of separate the traits from the energies yet keeping them in the same group. The traits will sort of form the aspect itself and work as a body as the energies will work as a soul to really bring these aspects to life. Take the most solid pieces of yourself which are your traits and start really comparing them to certain animals and start piecing them together once you've found what animals or primal aspects they match you begin the next step.

The Carving.

This step is a form of solidification. Remember, as I said, think of yourself as a tree as you meditate. Once this tree mindset sets in, breath life into this concept to make it solid then kind of leave it and take an approach as a bystander. I think of yourself almost as a stranger with ties to this tree (which is you). You are going to pull the traits of the tree towards you thus making the animals appear as carvings upon it. Like tattoos but for the soul lol. Feel your traits pour into these primal concepts of these animal aspects as though you are actually a tree forming carvings of animals. Once you are complete with solidifying your aspects you then start breathing the ability of life into them. Take the energies associated with each and kind of push them within the shape of each animal and then force them down a bit and let them kind of get this feeling of life about them. Think of these energies as sleeping. Being produced naturally of course by you but by doing these you are assigning these energies to be poured into these sleeping aspects. Now comes the fun part.

The Calling.

You are complete once you've finished the first three steps. The calling is an additional step for how to manifest and use these aspects. You must first find your intent and which of your aspects would make the best agent for this task. Once you do get into a form of concentration then surround the energies of a certain aspect around the intent and the energy of the intent, kind of let them fuse then push the intent into the mind of the aspect. This is kind of like putting a GPS into their mind. They'll work as agents by using aspects of your traits and your energies to run on to make whatever you are intending to come true. Think of the pushing your intent into them as waking them up and letting their carving push out from the tree (you) and explore the world to retrieve what you desire. Think of it as casting a spell but instead of a spell you are casting out these aspects to do your bidding. Keep in mind though these are pieces of yourself I'm just teaching you a way to divide yourself and push spiritual aspects of yourself out of your own spiritual form and cast them out into the world to perform certain magical tasks.

This may be the end of the tutorial but I do have tips and guides to help you with some of this so just keep reading.

A Small List of Primal Aspects, What They Represent, and Their Energies.

The Serpent- The Serpent is a carving you put upon your totem to coil it around the entire thing for protection. The serpent is an aspect of fear and vicious protection. It coils around your totem to show how paranoia has a grip on your spirit. The Serpent carving is a symbol of trust issues that can either restrict you from achieving certain things (falling in love, committing to someone, etc.) or can protect you from other things. It's energies are of dark and shadowy protection. People who hold The Serpent are people who feel they don't have control and must rely on sarcasm or have trust issues in one way or another or have problems with paranoia. The Serpent's energies give off the message of "Don't tread on me" as a snake can be docile until you step near it. It can be cast into the world to attack people who are threatening you or to put a stronger coil around you to protect you from ominous entities.

The Bear- The Bear is a carving set upon the totem to give off energies of immense strength and protection. It is a very earthy aspect and has the primal energy of the maternal. This aspect can be utilized to cast into the world to give off energies of strength and bravado. People who have the Bear are people who have very intuitive and protective instincts. They can be stubborn and can attack those who try to go against them as an individual. They are very strong and can tolerate many spiritual and emotional wounds.

The Hound- The Hound is a carving of intuition and knowledge found upon research. This is a creature of hunting and primal energy. People with The Hound within them are usually people who have a sense of sensual and primal and more animalistic nature. They are also people who have keen energy reading abilities as the hound has keen sniffing skills. The Hound can work as a seeker of prey meaning hunting opportunities and finding the energies of these things and bringing them to you. Utilize this aspect by casting it into the world to bring in energies of love opportunities, business, and much more.

The Owl- The Owl carving is like the hound in a way by also being a seeker. However this is a seeker of knowledge. People with The Owl aspect within them usually are people who are wise and intellectual. most psychics or magic users have the owl as they can be intuned with a higher level. Utilize the Owl by casting it into the world to retrieve intuition, wisdom, awareness, and better memory.

The Nightingale- The Nightingale is a messenger carving and can be utilized to send out messages to certain people such as warnings and much more. People with the Nightingale usually are complete and total social butterflies who can attract but not compel. The Nightingale's song is pleasing to the ear and may provide inspiration but may never truly compel a man to do anything.

The Ram- The Ram is a standoffish carving which can be cast into the world to shove certain energies out of your life. People who hold the Ram are usually people who are bluntly honest and are not afraid to voice their opinion. Most Aries should naturally have the Ram.

The Lion- The Lion is a carving of imposing will and can be cast into the world to send off energies of bravado and territory. This carving can be used as a ward to ward off people who wish to have strife towards you. Leos should naturally hold the Lion and so should people who have a sense of "you can't walk over me" about them. Unlike the snake which holds a warning the Lion holds a ward. A solid energy of "YOU CANT" rather than "YOU SHOULDNT" prideful people and confident people have the Lion which usually is the polar opposite of the Serpent in almost every way.

The Rooster- The Rooster is like the lion but not as much. Rather than a ward the Rooster is like a silent ownership. They will not warn nor impose their will upon another but they are cocky and have an ego. They have territory to protect and those who have this sense of high ego and attacking of those who tread upon your pride (your territory) then you hold the Rooster with you. Cast the Rooster into the world to attack those who have harmed your reputation or pride. The Rooster is the ultimate protectors of a persons name.

The Cat- The Cat is a carving of versatility, mental agility, mental flexibility, and curious nature. People who hold the Cat are not mischievous but rather curious. They can be apathetic at times and are usually curious to the reaction of others through certain conditions they provide whether it be annoying someone or giving them affection. The Cat is also a form of investigation through seductive manipulation. The Cat comes naturally to sociopaths and people who are interested in Psychological studies. Utilize the Cat by casting it into the world to initiate or invoke certain emotions from people, or to make them more malleable to manipulation.

There are many more than this not saying that there is actually an official list.. It all depends on how you identify your category of traits into which traits of the primal aspects.

An Example: My Totem.

My Totem begins with the Hound, upon that is the Ram, then there is the Cat, perching upon the cat is the Owl, and coiling around the entire tree is the Serpent.

Each of this things are connected to me in their own way. I naturally hold the Snake, Cat, and Ram. My Arian nature, my interest in psychological and my apathetic tendencies, plus my paranoia and issues with trusting others. Of course each one comes naturally in their own right but these are the main ones that stick out. The owl comes with wisdom and intunement with the higher level as a magic user usually people described as "old souls" hold this aspect and the hound was because of my intuitive and strange reading abilities...

I truly did hope you enjoyed reading, I must add that this is actually my own certain of trademarked form of magic and I would appreciate you giving me credit if you were to tell others though I won't go out of my way to actually go against you for not. I also would like to ask if you'd like more posts on my Hoodoo Totem Work which will include spells and such and how I utilize it and all that good junk. Please feel free to pm me with any questions I hope this was helpful! ^^
This post has me worn out oml lol.
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”