Sensory Deprivation and Meditation

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

My Demon companions just made me aware of a sensory deprivation tank facility fairly close to me. It is a two hour drive, but very doable, and I want to do! Has anyone experienced a meditation in a sensory deprivation tank before? I have heard some horror stories, akin to a bad acid trip, but also mostly good things. It sounds peaceful and relaxing, and may also help with encouraging astral travel. I am making plans to do this, including an overnight stay in a nearby hotel, and a trip to a nearby zoo on the way back. If I like it, I might even try to get there once every month or so. Sounds like some thanks and prayers to Lord Leviathan are in order, since it is floating in salt water, and since my Abyssal/Incubus Hybrid suggested it. (I am not yet physically ready for Yoga, but I can do this!)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Riael
Patron Deities: None at this time.
Your favourite Demon?: Marbas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Sounds like a great idea to me. I've always wanted to try it myself and I've heard good things. Yes I've heard of the horror stories too but I don't think that those people went in with any sort of goal or purpose in mind when entering the sensory deprivation chamber. I'd love to hear your experience with it when you go.
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

I checked into it, and the cost is $60 for a ninety minute session. You can go in nude, and it is a private chamber. Yippee! I think I know why I just got the huge load of books on lucid dreaming and astral travel. guess I had better start on those. I'll certainly write up my experiences for the forum. It may not be this month, but certainly by the next one. I can do it more cheaply by leaving early AM, driving there, doing the experience, then having lunch or an early dinner on the way back. Sending the Little Prince kudos for suggesting it! :D
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This

SH I have a membership at a float spot here in Portland and go two times per month, been going for almost 3 years now. It's incredible. One thing to always remember is that sometimes you just float and bounce around, unable to shut off the mind, other times it is perfect. Just relax, don't set expectations and use it for some great self care. Your companions will join you, mine sure do.

Let me know what you think about it,
Riael

http://www.mandalabooks.com/WebRoot/Sto ... actice.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would try this one. Very occult oriented and I'd say I had the best progress in using this book before mixing in all the other stuff.

Oh oh oh! If you see it in time... here's a cheap one in paperback...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/the-art ... kid=3x1755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Riael

Alternately you can check out a PDF copy I have on DropBox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hljcotgc5dxhh ... t.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User3246

DoubleD wrote:SH I have a membership at a float spot here in Portland and go two times per month, been going for almost 3 years now. It's incredible. One thing to always remember is that sometimes you just float and bounce around, unable to shut off the mind, other times it is perfect. Just relax, don't set expectations and use it for some great self care. Your companions will join you, mine sure do.

Let me know what you think about it,
:) I just KNEW someone here was floating! My companions are getting ideas from other forum members' Demon companions, I think! It just flashed into my mind and I looked it up. It sounds like a great treat for my aching body, though. Also for my overloaded mind! XD Good excuse to get naked with my Big Purple Guy, or any of them! *sighs*
Riael wrote:Alternately you can check out a PDF copy I have on DropBox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hljcotgc5dxhh ... t.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the links! I can always use more books! LOL! I have a list of about 100 now to work on. XD

Riael

Personally I would check out the Ophiel one first. I've read a ton on AP.. and Ophiel likes to teach from an occult standpoint vs. a science standpoint which I find very refreshing and encouraging.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This

knowing you as I do from your posts I think floating will be PERFECT for you. i can't wait to hear how ti goes for you. I have had some amazing experiences in there, see if you guys have a groupon for a place close to you.

So excited for you and your companions, they are buzzing right now.
Gilbertruilt

In it something is. I thank you for the help how I can thank?

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”