Theta Gamma Sync

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
Archdregs

Hello.

I heard that one needs to get into theta gamma sync in order to successfully perform magick. How can I do that?
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

You don't need to get into that type of trance state exactly. It can help but is not needed.

The Theta Gamma Sync or TGS is a state of mind during a point of meditation where certain brainwaves are used as opposed to normal Alpha or Beta brainwaves.

If you want to work on getting into the TGS then you need to practice meditation. Koetting does have videos about getting into it as do some others on YouTube who use his methods.
Archdregs

Wow, It doesn't needed? Great to know!

So, how exactly then I suppose to perform magick? Is there any tutorial online you can point me?

Thanks!
Red6joker

It depends on what you want to do or achieve. There are many different types of magick and many different ways to get the same results. Everyone is different on how they go about it.
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I've tried a couple of methods of getting into this kind of brain state. The most effective for me involved staring at a single spot and widening peripheral vision until everything gets fuzzy. As a pretty severely near-sighted person with astigmatism and lattice degeneration of the eye, though, I'm somewhat concerned that this method might have long term negative effects on my vision. I hesitate to use it very often for this reason. I'm still looking into techniques and alternatives that don't involve potential eye strain.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Archdregs

Red6joker wrote:It depends on what you want to do or achieve. There are many different types of magick and many different ways to get the same results. Everyone is different on how they go about it.
I wanted to do evocation. Can you teach me?
Red6joker

I'm probably not the best to teach. I can offer advice from my own personal experience but that's it.

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”