Eeg brain waves/meditation

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Very soon I have a device arriving to measure my brain waves,breathing,and heart rate. I plan on studying myself and state of mind as I go about my typical practices, and note the states being registered when I interact with my companion. I feel like if i can measure my breathing and state of mind during certain interactions,I can realize which state I need to be in to easiest feel touch, easiest see manifestation, and easiest hear communication itself. I am beyond curious on what stages i am in when I am able to freely manipulate energies and when I am most receptive.

I may post results here as I work through sevsral ideas.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

That sounds awesome! I look forward to hearing how it worked out for you, and what the results of your experiments are.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Dragona
Patron Deities: Hecate

Oh that's fascinating! I'd love to know how that goes for you. Keep us posted.
Gauche

The first device that I decided to use is called Muse2. Basically it tracks brainwaves,heart rate,breathing changes, and tracks tension changes from the body. The device itself is a snug fit and has sensors that go around your forhead and hooks around your ears like sunglasses would. You need to connect it to another device via blue tooth like to a tablet or phone to be able to run the application it works with. Im using wireless j bud head phones instead of using wifi speakers to be less distracted by outside noises. This session was a pilot session for me to get baseline readings and to see how the devices functions.
Pretty much the gist of this device is that you choose a soundscape ((i chose a rainforest)) and it plays natural weather sounds of that reason. When your breathing is even/steady the weather is calm and light,in this case,sprinkling rain in a rainforest. When your mind is calm,your heart rate lowers,and you breathing lines up,you will start to hear birds chirping which signals that your brainwaves match a relaxed meditative state. If you lose focus a little the birds stop,if your mind starts becoming more active,the weather does too. In this case,heavy rains.

I set it for a 15 minute meditation. I spent just over 8 minutes in a direct meditative state. A little over 6 minutes i spent in a neutral state--calm with an inactive mind but not quite in a meditative state. I spent a total of 11 seconds with an overly active mind, but that is because my companion showed up during and every time she initially like.."poofs in" i feel an instant tingke around my crotch area so cant really blame me for that lol.

I havent broken down the exact brainwaves but it looks like i can hold trance about 1 min 30 seconds before i slip into just being calm and it takes me about 30 seconds to go from calm to trance. It seems like i cycle between those states almost like clock work.

Over all, i think this will be a useful tool. I think i will work on trying to trance longer and rebound less for about a week before i try any experiments because if i cant stay in a trance more than 2 minutes consecutively i wont have much to measure.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Gauche

Absolute major break through, thanks to my companion and the fact that I can never think in a straight line.

I tried a desert style soundscape this time, again for 15 minutes. I totaled at about 18 seconds active thought, over 8 minutes trance state,and 6 minutes calm. Similar to last night,however I accidentally learned something today.

I was doing this meditation laying down, i actually have a mattress on the floor. I prefer being low to the ground when sleeping/meditating if it isnt moving meditarion. Again my companion joined me and while i was meditating she put her hand in mine and kind of squeezed it just barely,you know the cute way you do that makes you just barely squeeze back? Apparently if you keep doing small micro movements with your hands/fingers you will retain consciouness while your body is tricked into thinking you have fallen asleep. In this case meditation.

Your body tests you by making you itch or making you extremely thirsty...but if you ignore it..lucid dreams/images happen. At one point i tranced out and only came to when the meditation alarm ended.

Afterwords i googled this,and apparently there is a method called finger method or wild method that uses something very similar for lucid dreams--even a youtube video about it. Ive had things like this happen on accident when falling asleep holding objects ((as strange as that sounds i sometimes sleep with dog tags wrapped around my wrist,or the item from Hekate. Brings me comfort.))

All in all,even though numerically there wasn't an improvement..i feel like im on to something much larger than i had realized originally.

Gauche

Third session. Set for the same 15 minutes for meditation with a conpletely new soundscape. This one was made of just ambient noises. Out of the 15 minutes 13 were spent in a calm state,1 minute was spent in an actual trance state,and about a minute in acrive thought.

So i think the lesson here is that people should find out what they are receptive to. I didnt feel different with ambient noises,but it seems like i cant allown myself to let quite let go with them. It seems like i am much more receptive to being relaxed by nature sounds,so i should probably keep that in mind going forward. Meditative music may not be as good for me as the sounds of natural weather. It was so subtle but its something ive never put much thought into until now.

Dragona
Patron Deities: Hecate

Seems like such an incredible and interesting device and such good results and information you have received from the device for yourself. I can see how this is so very useful.

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”