Passive meditation

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

In the years I've been on my spiritual journey, I've developed a technique where I get into a meditative state of mind and connect to an energy, and keep an active connection to this meditative state in the back of my head while my mind is actively focused on doing other things like cooking, reading, and all around doing daily life activities. I'd be invested in my current task at hand, yet also keeping a meditative connection to the energy I want to interact with. I've been able to keep this up for hours before forgetting or losing focus.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and what your thoughts are.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

That’s really incredible kitsune, I have some experience with this but mostly when done for longer periods of time it is a more active conscious connection so it is at the forefront of my mind even though I am doing other tasks. If i focus I can do it but I’ve not gotten to a point where it is passive yet. It seems like a wonderful skill to cultivate though. Do you use it for specific purposes, like in rituals or anything?
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Only during walking or running but that would be to help with the time passing as opposed to meditating and connecting to something.

I'll have to try that out though.
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:41 am
In the years I've been on my spiritual journey, I've developed a technique where I get into a meditative state of mind and connect to an energy, and keep an active connection to this meditative state in the back of my head while my mind is actively focused on doing other things like cooking, reading, and all around doing daily life activities. I'd be invested in my current task at hand, yet also keeping a meditative connection to the energy I want to interact with. I've been able to keep this up for hours before forgetting or losing focus.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and what your thoughts are.
I used to call it partitioning. I find it particularly helpful to shield against negative/sludgy people in the vicinity. Usually I only do it for like an hour or two.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I do this in this way ... My family say I have zoned out, switched off, am away with the fairies etc. I am gone if you look at me but I can hear and see everything going on around me, they test me by asking me questions!!!
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”