Exhaustion

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Since I have been meditating more I feel drained. As in exhausted, can hardly lift my legs tired. I am now meditating 2 x a day and have jet lagged feeling with headache.

Is this normal when upping the mediative state?

Thank you x
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Whimsy

It's possible that you may need more grounding/centering. What type of meditations are you doing? You may need to change it up.

I'd suggest finding a physical activity or two that you'd enjoy and really get lost into it. Incorporate movement and use your body to it's fullest capacity.

There are other types of meditations as well. Short ones, long ones..

I've tried qi gong and that could work for you! There were elements from it that taught me a lot about meditation and the body! Tai chi is excellent too but I had found it difficult to follow along with so I barely touched the surface of it.

I've found that meditations are highly personal and something that you develop for yourself overtime. Like little treats! You're peppering your body with good feelings. Soothing and kneeding at it. Keeping it healthy and strong.
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

Whimsy wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:02 am
It's possible that you may need more grounding/centering. What type of meditations are you doing? You may need to change it up.

I'd suggest finding a physical activity or two that you'd enjoy and really get lost into it. Incorporate movement and use your body to it's fullest capacity.

There are other types of meditations as well. Short ones, long ones..

I've tried qi gong and that could work for you! There were elements from it that taught me a lot about meditation and the body! Tai chi is excellent too but I had found it difficult to follow along with so I barely touched the surface of it.

I've found that meditations are highly personal and something that you develop for yourself overtime. Like little treats! You're peppering your body with good feelings. Soothing and kneeding at it. Keeping it healthy and strong.
This :D

I took some trial and error to develop mine. I see meditation as taking yourself on a date!
SerenitySpells

I appreciate the thoughtful comments and suggestions x

Meditation normally never works for me, my monkey mind struggles but since repeating the Enns more, and especially now incorporating the guided meditation to Lucifer's Tower it has like a light bulb has come on.

I believe you are both right and I need to centre/ ground after so many years of not being able to switch off so to speak.

Today I am spending more time outside putting up a second hand green house with my husband and that feels like a good release x

Out of interest how often a day do people mediate for? I understand it is personal but as a generalised statement of being nosy.

Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

So I second the suggestion of grounding, especially with leg issues., I glad doing that is seeming to help you. I meditate for a few hours every day, sometimes twice a day, but usually once a day, though my “meditation” usually involves astral travel and obe so not strictly meditation as such.
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

I meditate once a day, it leaves me so focused and in-tuned. I think another will give me a headache xD
SerenitySpells

I have taken all the advice on board. For now I have gone back down to 1 x a day most days. The meditation I am working on is to balance my chakras and I place a clear quartz crystal on my third eye. I have also been outside gardening more.

I do feel better since this change and am sleeping better as well x

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”