Places in my Dreams

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
SunnyWhims
Patron Deities: Loki
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Hello!
So, I thought I would post this up just to see if other people encounter the same or similar things.

Whenever I dream, my dreams always take place somewhere that is mappable, and I am capable of revisiting or revamping these spaces depending on the dream. For example, my dreams about school are always in a building that is an amalgamation of all the schools I've ever attended, which sounds normal, but the layout of this building is fixed. If I wanted to, I could draw a map of this building and how you can get from one section to another, like if you take the right corridor from the central part of the school you can cross a bridge into the high school section or if you go down the fifth grade hallway you will eventually go into the town of spirits in the afterlife after passing the white horizon.

There are some really fun (and sinister in some cases) theme parks in my dreams, and I hope to visit those more often (hopefully in situations where my life isn't in danger...) One really interesting theme park is one where everything is normal during the day but at night everyone participates in a park wide game of hide and seek in purge-style masks and everything. It is terrifying but an interesting concept nonetheless lol

There's also a museum that is underground and the premise of the game there is that the guide leaves the group alone for exactly one hour because of "technical difficulties" and you can make the decision to leave the main room and explore the labyrinth-like underground chambers. There's all types of experiments to see and robots to interact with, and there are some really bizarre but beautiful secret rooms. Everything is normal up until 15 minutes before the timer runs out, and then the robots start acting weird and then eventually actively hostile just two minutes before the timer is up. The lights in the tunnels go from a purply-blue to an anxiety activating red and you start hearing people whisper about how things are acting up and the tunnels emit whirring and rumbling sounds. You have to find your way out and back to the main room, and that can be easy or very difficult depending on how far in you've gone and how well you can remember your way out of the maze. I've been there a few times and it's been scary but exciting all the same!

Basically, many places that I dream of are almost stable in that I can revisit them and they'll be almost the exact same as the last time I visited, even if the dream is about a different subject. Interestingly enough, sometimes even people I run into in dreams will have consistent characters or time will have passed for them by the time I see them again. Some people I reencountered in my dreams actually remembered when we first met when I was like in middle school! How embarrassing! I'm wondering if anyone else has similar types of dreams or encounters? Or if maybe someone has a theory as to why my dreams are like this?
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

Sounds like you are probably interacting with the astral on some level while you dream and doing some construction. Perhaps try to return to those spaces while meditating and see if it has similar result in how they look etc?
SunnyWhims

Lycana wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:03 am
Sounds like you are probably interacting with the astral on some level while you dream and doing some construction. Perhaps try to return to those spaces while meditating and see if it has similar result in how they look etc?
I'll give that a try tonight!

When you say I'm doing construction, do you mean that I'm creating these places or that I'm moving into these spaces? Your reply also has pushed me to think about the people that populate my dreams as well, in that now I'm not sure whether or not all the people in my dreams are made up from my brain or they've found their way into these dream spaces.
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I think that the line between the dream state and the astral state can be pretty thin and so that there can be cross overs. We can have spirits and demons approach us during our dreams through that avenue.
Likewise I think that we can build/construction places in the astral through our dreams if they are places we feel some imperative to revisit. I have no idea if this is in fact what you're doing but it just sort of struck me that way and it wouldn't be a bad thing to try to investigate further :)
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I've never had it in anywhere near that level of detail, but I have had several dreams set in a neighborhood similar to the north end of the town I lived in for twenty years.
I agree on the astral angle. It sounds like you have found and/or created a pocket realm in the astral.
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
SunnyWhims

Uh so update on that: I’m not the greatest at meditations but I did remember to check things out in my dreams last night! I was in my maze Walmart so it wasn’t too hard to wander around until I got to like a neutral area? Apparently, a set of caverns and tunnels connect areas together and I can wander from one area to the next with those tunnels.

I also found out that making eye contact with people in the tunnels (and there are A LOT of them) is not fun. Making eye contact with them is like zooming into their faces, and they get so close to you and start pestering you.

Since this is the first time I’ve encountered this area, I’m going to keep trying to go back there when I can to keep observing it. It kinda looks like a zoo? There’s multiple Large windows that show you different areas; I was on the move so I didn’t get to peek in at them, but maybe next time I will?

I currently don’t have full control of my dreams; I need to get familiar with an area or dream before I can start manipulating it generally, so this might take a while…. I’ll keep anyone interested updated!
SunnyWhims

Dragonoake wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:58 pm
I've never had it in anywhere near that level of detail, but I have had several dreams set in a neighborhood similar to the north end of the town I lived in for twenty years.
I think the main reason for more detail is because I have many repeating dreams. I have multiple dreams in one night, and while some are novel, there’s usually at least one dream that I’ve either had before or takes place in an area I have visited in a different dream. The repeating nature of my dreams help me identify that I’m in a dream, and then I can actually exercise some control on my surroundings and my choices. I also sometimes see glimpses of the future in my dreams which is fun ^^
user0322

OP what you described of your dreams is quite incredibly amazing.
In your position I would work on improving meditation skills with the goal to astral project. Also work on learning to lucid dream. Eventually you will master these skills to the point where you are able to do them on command.
Do you have any spirit companions? They can help you develop your ability skillsets, such as; focus, meditation, astral projection, and lucid dreaming. Your companions can also accompany you to help you make sense of your dreams and protect you from sinister elements.
On another note you might have went to a layer of astral in the creation section of the dream realms and created your own pocket realms within that realm, or a set of pocket realms within a pocket realm you made, or a more elaborate tree of realms and so on.
Thank you for sharing your awesome dreams!
SunnyWhims

Vixiery wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:47 pm
In your position I would work on improving meditation skills with the goal to astral project. Also work on learning to lucid dream. Eventually you will master these skills to the point where you are able to do them on command.
Do you have any spirit companions? They can help you develop your ability skillsets, such as; focus, meditation, astral projection, and lucid dreaming. Your companions can also accompany you to help you make sense of your dreams and protect you from sinister elements.
On another note you might have went to a layer of astral in the creation section of the dream realms and created your own pocket realms within that realm, or a set of pocket realms within a pocket realm you made, or a more elaborate tree of realms and so on.
I’m more inclined to focus on improving my sense when I’m awake than doing dream stuff right now. I dunno, I just enjoy my dream world as it is and I currently don’t plan on taking it in that direction :/
I don’t have any spirit companions yet, but I’ll keep that in mind for the future.
user0322

SunnyWhims wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:00 pm
Vixiery wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:47 pm
I’m more inclined to focus on improving my sense when I’m awake than doing dream stuff right now. I dunno, I just enjoy my dream world as it is and I currently don’t plan on taking it in that direction :/
I don’t have any spirit companions yet, but I’ll keep that in mind for the future.
To answer your original question; I don't have recurring dreams in the way you describe them. The recurring setting part is fascinating and possibly unique. Maybe you're a different type of dreamer than I am.

That's totally okay. We all have a different way of doing things. What works for me might not work for you. Likewise what I'd do or what I'd focus on may not be the same as what you'd do or focus on.

It sounds like you want to focus on the spirit world when you're awake, is this correct? Are you saying you want to learn astral projection?

What do you want to focus on?

Also what do you want to focus on regarding your dreams?

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”