Lucid dream in which I was still breathing

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

The question came to me when I was idly trying to send out my astral body as I laid in bed this morning. The sensation of breathing kept my perspective inside my physical body, what happens when I am dreaming or astral projecting? Do I lose my sensation of breathing? I couldn't remember at all. It has never occurred to me to check when I was having lucid dreams in the past.

I felt myself being churned clockwise like a bottle of milk, then it changed to being shaken vertically. The vibration got faster and faster and I recovered my vision. I found myself flying in the air over some kind of fairy tale town, it's all old fashioned brick houses with natural dirt roads, I even saw a castle. I was moving in the air involuntarily but I was able to change directions. I was mainly interested in the castle and wanted to go inside, I swerved down towards the castle but missed by a wide margin. I was still flying in a curve, so I veered towards it but missed again and landed somewhere else.

I saw small plants on the ground and examined the leaves and was very pleased to observe the details, I didn't recognize the plants though. My vision was sharp and clear. Mostly importantly, I could still feel myself breathing even though I was no longer seeing things from the perspective of my physical body (otherwise I would have been in the dark behind closed eyelids). I double checked that actually, the physical sensation was not as vivid as when I was awake, but I was definitely breathing so my question was answered.

The town itself looked kind of dead and was really not of interest to me. I started walking along the dirt path while thinking triumphantly that I finally got to explore an open area in a lucid dream. I remained lucid through the whole dream in spite of the strange people I encountered.

I found the castle where somehow I knew the princess was laying sick and waiting to be cured. My real objective was to see the pretty boudoir of a princess but I was planning to get in by telling them I could cure her... I tried one of the doors and found that it wasn't locked. I would really like to have just broken in but I knew I might get into trouble with the guards (common sense is ever present even in a dream...). I decided to knock, and a guard answered. I don't remember why I didn't get to enter the castle but more guards came out and they were all young men, one of them was kind of manly in fact.

For some reason I had the idea that the timeline was in the future and I saw that they had gadgets. I asked one guard which version of Microsoft Windows he's using, he said vaguely whatever number is bigger. I asked him about Apple and iPhone, he seemed unfamiliar with the names. I borrowed smartphones from several of the guards and examined them. They were not shaped like the smartphones of our days at all, they were shaped more like a.... water gun or handheld medical device? I tried to memorize the brand names but they were all abbreviations. I gave them back and asked another guard about Microsoft, he confirmed that it's still a current brand, he did hear of Apple but it's long gone (RIP, Apple).

I wandered into the playground and saw a woman who dressed like Merida from Brave, she had the same frizzly red hair but so long that it reached down to her calves and was disheveled. She also looked quite distraught and crazy, I had the impression that she lost her little girl. I thought about climbing onto the top of one of the playground things and jumping into the air, maybe I could start flying again and break into the castle without going through the guards. Unfortunately I moved my physical body at this point and woke up.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”