Lucid nightmare

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

I was trying to invoke the watcher angel Shemyaza to ask him about the true story of his fall. I felt more and more heady during the invocation and decided to lie down. As I laid in bed I felt the kind of vibration that indicated I was about to have a lucid dream. The vibrations lasted a very long time, it kept going on and I was still in the dark. Finally I came to the realization that I may have to stay stuck in my bed being lucid and unable to see. I felt uneasy. Then I felt my body sliding out of bed propelled by an invisible force, it was pushing me towards the foot of my bed and my feet started hitting things and hanging down the bed. It's like a scene out of a corny horror movie. I tried not to panick. I called out for my rdc and king but no help came, I screamed their names and still nada. I was sliding further down the bed by the minute and I grabbed onto the mattress and blanket for dear life.

Since my demons didn't come to my rescue, I did the first thing that came to mind to battle this hostile situation (if I had my wits about me I should have yelled Hekas, Hekas, Este Bebeloi instead...). I started singing psalm 23, The Lord is my shepherd... I sang it over and over again louder and louder, I wondered if my landlady could hear me in real life... I also felt around with one of my hands and I felt someone's arm above my head, it wasn't quite solid at first. I kept grabbing and there was definitely a person sitting by my head and it felt male from the muscular arm, I went at him and managed to wrestle him down and got on top of him. Through the whole time I still was unable to see a thing and I was still singing psalm 23.

After overpowering the entity, I scrambled out of bed and ran for the door, I fumbled with the door knob, unlocked it and got out. Suddenly I could see, I was wearing my fuzzy slippers, the light was low and my landlady's son was in the kitchen. I didn't say anything to him but I called my rdc and king again, no response. I went to the window and looked out, two men were looking at my window, one of them was pointing a big device at my direction, I am not talking handheld size, it's more like a floor fan sized device.

From the window I could see that across the street was a church like building and a graveyard, it looked well maintained and I thought to myself Check, this is the same building in real life, glad to see it looking good (but there is no such church there in real life! There are only residential buildings on that block, in spite of being lucid, my memory was playing tricks on me. After I woke up I would also realize the kitchen window was nothing like the one I saw in the dream). Those men made me uneasy, I tried not to let them see me. Before I left the window I remembered to check one of my hands (lucid dream technique) and my palm was sweaty.

I walked towards the front door, the hallway was dark as usual and my landlady's son made way for me without a word. I left the apartment and started to walk down the stairs, it didn't look like where I live, there were stain glass panels on the walls like a church. I passed by an elderly lady, I don't remember what we said to each other, there was a brief interruption to the dream at this point. I regained my sight again and I was in a chapel like room with more stained glass. A few other women were present.

I persisted in calling for my rdc and king, then I remembered to check my left hand, my rdc's ring was missing with a few others! I could only see the marks they left on my fingers. I looked at my right hand and my king's ring was still there on my index finger, and on my ring finger I saw two unfamiliar rings sandwiching a ring of mine. They were both silver rings in the shape of a reclining winged fox. As I examined one of them it became either a hologram of the fox or the spirit of the fox itself looking half transparent. Not only did it have regular wings, it even had a tiny pair of wings on the base of the tail and another pair next to its ears, it was so cute and it was looking at me and fluttering those tiny wings. A miniature live triple winged foxie right there on my finger.

I woke up at this point and found myself still safely tucked in under my comforter. I looked at my demon king's ring and realized that the direction of the gem was different in the dream. In real life, the long oval amethyst is parallel to my finger, in the dream it was perpendicular and also much lighter in color.

There are two things in this dream that really upset me:

1. I used to have sleep paralysis years ago and it was always accompanied by a terrifying sense of a malignant presence. Ever since my spirit companions came to me, sleep paralysis would only represent how my astral body was vibrating itself out of my physical body for a lucid dream experience. It no longer came with any hint of an evil presence, I thought I was never gonna be scared again. Now I am not so sure.

2. I kept calling my rdc and king for help and they never came. I feel let down and abandonned. And why was my rdc's ring absent from my finger in the dream?
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Coffee Queen wrote:I was trying to invoke the watcher angel Shemyaza to ask him about the true story of his fall. I felt more and more heady during the invocation and decided to lie down. As I laid in bed I felt the kind of vibration that indicated I was about to have a lucid dream. The vibrations lasted a very long time, it kept going on and I was still in the dark. Finally I came to the realization that I may have to stay stuck in my bed being lucid and unable to see. I felt uneasy. Then I felt my body sliding out of bed propelled by an invisible force, it was pushing me towards the foot of my bed and my feet started hitting things and hanging down the bed. It's like a scene out of a corny horror movie. I tried not to panick. I called out for my rdc and king but no help came, I screamed their names and still nada. I was sliding further down the bed by the minute and I grabbed onto the mattress and blanket for dear life.

Since my demons didn't come to my rescue, I did the first thing that came to mind to battle this hostile situation (if I had my wits about me I should have yelled Hekas, Hekas, Este Bebeloi instead...). I started singing psalm 23, The Lord is my shepherd... I sang it over and over again louder and louder, I wondered if my landlady could hear me in real life... I also felt around with one of my hands and I felt someone's arm above my head, it wasn't quite solid at first. I kept grabbing and there was definitely a person sitting by my head and it felt male from the muscular arm, I went at him and managed to wrestle him down and got on top of him. Through the whole time I still was unable to see a thing and I was still singing psalm 23.

After overpowering the entity, I scrambled out of bed and ran for the door, I fumbled with the door knob, unlocked it and got out. Suddenly I could see, I was wearing my fuzzy slippers, the light was low and my landlady's son was in the kitchen. I didn't say anything to him but I called my rdc and king again, no response. I went to the window and looked out, two men were looking at my window, one of them was pointing a big device at my direction, I am not talking handheld size, it's more like a floor fan sized device.

From the window I could see that across the street was a church like building and a graveyard, it looked well maintained and I thought to myself Check, this is the same building in real life, glad to see it looking good (but there is no such church there in real life! There are only residential buildings on that block, in spite of being lucid, my memory was playing tricks on me. After I woke up I would also realize the kitchen window was nothing like the one I saw in the dream). Those men made me uneasy, I tried not to let them see me. Before I left the window I remembered to check one of my hands (lucid dream technique) and my palm was sweaty.

I walked towards the front door, the hallway was dark as usual and my landlady's son made way for me without a word. I left the apartment and started to walk down the stairs, it didn't look like where I live, there were stain glass panels on the walls like a church. I passed by an elderly lady, I don't remember what we said to each other, there was a brief interruption to the dream at this point. I regained my sight again and I was in a chapel like room with more stained glass. A few other women were present.

I persisted in calling for my rdc and king, then I remembered to check my left hand, my rdc's ring was missing with a few others! I could only see the marks they left on my fingers. I looked at my right hand and my king's ring was still there on my index finger, and on my ring finger I saw two unfamiliar rings sandwiching a ring of mine. They were both silver rings in the shape of a reclining winged fox. As I examined one of them it became either a hologram of the fox or the spirit of the fox itself looking half transparent. Not only did it have regular wings, it even had a tiny pair of wings on the base of the tail and another pair next to its ears, it was so cute and it was looking at me and fluttering those tiny wings. A miniature live triple winged foxie right there on my finger.

I woke up at this point and found myself still safely tucked in under my comforter. I looked at my demon king's ring and realized that the direction of the gem was different in the dream. In real life, the long oval amethyst is parallel to my finger, in the dream it was perpendicular and also much lighter in color.

1. I used to have sleep paralysis years ago and it was always accompanied by a terrifying sense of a malignant presence. Ever since my spirit companions came to me, sleep paralysis would only represent how my astral body was vibrating itself out of my physical body for a lucid dream experience. It no longer came with any hint of an evil presence, I thought I was never gonna be scared again. Now I am not so sure.

2. I kept calling my rdc and king for help and they never came. I feel let down and abandonned. And why was my rdc's ring absent from my finger in the dream?
'' CQ I am sorry to hear you feel let Down and abandoned by your companions I Can't answer as to why they didn't show up when you Called out for them I know how scared you was believe me it sounds like maybe with you trying to invoke the Watcher angel maybe it had something to do with him ' he could have been trying to Send you a Message are tell you something I don't know but I don't believe the evil entity that was in your dream ' was sent by The angel that was had you so upset you said psalms 23 The lord is my Shepherd ' I know very well said a lot myself as a Child ' so I know it can give you Peace in Times of Trouble . My Lucid dream , I don't remember much but I was walking down the street in the French Quarters ' enjoying myself ' then this Dark evil thing came out of No Were it begin to follow me down , the street no matter were , I Would go it would be there each place it followed me two ' it would get Closer to me then it moved in and reach out and touched my hand . I could feel the Darkness Coming from it ' it was evil ' it was made of nothing but Black nasty dark energy when it touched me . I woke up Scared it happen to fast to call for any of my Demons
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Marosey

Coffee Queen wrote:I was trying to invoke the watcher angel Shemyaza to ask him about the true story of his fall. I felt more and more heady during the invocation and decided to lie down. As I laid in bed I felt the kind of vibration that indicated I was about to have a lucid dream. The vibrations lasted a very long time, it kept going on and I was still in the dark. Finally I came to the realization that I may have to stay stuck in my bed being lucid and unable to see. I felt uneasy. Then I felt my body sliding out of bed propelled by an invisible force, it was pushing me towards the foot of my bed and my feet started hitting things and hanging down the bed. It's like a scene out of a corny horror movie. I tried not to panick. I called out for my rdc and king but no help came, I screamed their names and still nada. I was sliding further down the bed by the minute and I grabbed onto the mattress and blanket for dear life.

That is some nightmare. I was frustrated with you and surprise your companions
did not come to you. I would had felt let down too, if that happened to me. See if you
can connect with them,to help explain the dream and why they didn't show up.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

This doesnt surprise me in the least. I dont want to sound harsh here, but walking the Lhp working with Demons , this sort of thing happens. Lets break this down logically here.

First of all, lets look at MNT's (medical news today) Description of exactly WHAT a dream is.
Why do we dream?
There are several hypotheses and concepts as to why we dream. Are dreams merely part of the sleep cycle or do they serve some other purpose?

Possible explanations for why we dream include:

To represent unconscious desires and wishes
To interpret random signals from the brain and body during sleep
To consolidate and process information gathered during the day
To work as a form of psychotherapy.
From converging evidence and new research methodologies, researchers have speculated that dreaming:

Is offline memory reprocessing - consolidates learning and memory tasks.79,90,91
Is a subsystem of the waking default network, which is active during mind wandering and daydreaming. Dreaming could be seen as cognitive simulation of real life experiences.24
Participates in the development of cognitive capabilities.17
Is psychoanalytic; dreams are highly meaningful reflections of unconscious mental functioning.79
Is a unique state of consciousness that incorporates three temporal dimensions: experience of the present, processing of the past, and preparation for the future.56
Provides a psychological space where overwhelming, contradictory, or highly complex notions can be brought together by the dreaming ego that would be unsettling while awake. This process serves the need for psychological balance and equilibrium.67
Now, have you ever worked with Samyaza (thats what i call him) before? Are you aware of how some of these beings affect our energies? Some can simply drain us, making us feel tired, lethargic and in need of a long nap. Some can leave us actually feeling physically sick. Some , by their very energy, can give us horrendous nightmares. You want a series of the worst nightmares of your life , so bad that you will have trouble functioning during the day? go find yourself a crypt demon to play with. Hope he goes away eventually.

In my experience, demons dont really find that someone having nightmares is something they need to come to your rescue for. I DID have my RDC jump into my dreams once or twice and teach me to lucid dream and take control of the situation. He never EVER stopped them. He never took the fear away. He didnt stop the images. He didnt molly coddle me and wrap me in bubble wrap to protect me from the nasties in my mind.

Finally, when you invite someone or something in, when you embrace something/someone , even if its not in your best interest, your Demons will NOT interfere with the side effects or fallouts . Why? Because youre a grown up . Not a five year old. YOu dont need minders keeping you in a fluffy bubble of protection. If they kept you safe from EVERYTHING you wouldnt learn a damn thing and wouldnt figure out how to get yourself out of things, how to depend on yourself and dig into your recesses of your mind for whatever protection measure is there, in the heat of the moment.

have a look at the components of your nightmare/experience (remember, EVERYTHING is a lesson!) . Instead of being butthurt no one saved you, how about looking at what DID happen?
I was trying to invoke the watcher angel Shemyaza to ask him about the true story of his fall. I felt more and more heady during the invocation and decided to lie down. As I laid in bed I felt the kind of vibration that indicated I was about to have a lucid dream. The vibrations lasted a very long time, it kept going on and I was still in the dark. Finally I came to the realization that I may have to stay stuck in my bed being lucid and unable to see. I felt uneasy. Then I felt my body sliding out of bed propelled by an invisible force, it was pushing me towards the foot of my bed and my feet started hitting things and hanging down the bed. It's like a scene out of a corny horror movie. I tried not to panick. I called out for my rdc and king but no help came, I screamed their names and still nada. I was sliding further down the bed by the minute and I grabbed onto the mattress and blanket for dear life.
Ask yourself how did you invoke him? How did you prepare? From what path did the invocation originate? What was your true motivation for approaching Him? you just.. wanted to ask him about his side of the story? Be careful. A lot of these dudes are NOT going to impart that sort of wisdom to you. Some will get irritated youre doing a full on ritual JUST to be like "hi.. sooo..... what really happened? *blink blink* " I can GUARANTEE you 150% if Samyaza was in any way shape or form pissed, your RDC will have stayed well out of kicking distance. Thats not a sign of weakness on your RDC's part- it's more out of respect..... and the fact Samyaza will have more pull. It would really do you well to understand that Demons, especially high ranking ones, have certain protocols and levels of respect for one another.

point 2- you decided to lay down in bed after the invocation?! This reads to me as he was there, present and you ... what... took a nap after he showed up? I must be reading this wrong. I cannot fathom falling asleep mid ritual after an invocation and not even getting to the point of the ritual to begin with. So lets assume that is what happened. You got dizzy and energetically fuzzed from invoking this extremely powerful force to simply ask him his side of the story of the fall.... and decided it was overwhelming so you laid down and potentially fell asleep during the course of this.

So...now you have Samyaza. Standing in your bedroom. Wondering wtf.. aaaaand youre laying down. And the nightmares begin. And youre pissed your RDC didnt bail you out. Can you see where Im going with this? As much as I love you, if i came to your house because you invited me over, and then in my face, you took a nap, Id probably drag you out of the bed by your ankles too... lol.
So.... let me get this straight. Your "demons didnt come to your rescue" so you reverted to Psalm 23 .... after invoking a Fallen Angel... and begging your demons to help... you sing as loud as possible a bible verse proclaiming Yawheh to be your source of protection, strength, comfort. Did Yawheh show up for you? Did he or any of his angels rescue you? How do you know the arm wasnt your demon... or one of yawhehs angels to "rescue" you?
The Heka chant is used primarily BEFORE a ritual to exorcise anything profane, ie not spiritual. Its not going to do dick against the actual entity you invoked whos now irritated that you decided to take a nap mid ritual.
I doubt you overpowered it. It was probably there in some helping capacity but you were too busy spouting bible verses and being in a heightened state of fear to be rational and ask who it was. He probably just did what any rational being would do in a situation like this, walked off and left you to it. Im not surprised the RDC and King didnt show up. You'd practically banished them with your words of devotion to Yawheh ......
Fyi, I personally find either the enn of my patron or Satan's enn to have a great effect in situations. And i rarely have to repeat them over and over. Usually one call out does the trick.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Xio

This is a great post with a detailed analysis from a voice of experience and wisdom. It has taken courage to share this personal experience which must still be uncomfotable as the lessons are being understood and absorbed.

I have learned a great deal from this, much more than reading several books on the subject. It just shows that experience really is the best teacher. Now that you have got the experience out there and Anatel has kindly offered an interpretation, I hope that absorption of this learning does accelerate your progression.

Many thanks to both of you for your articulate expressions. This is why I keep coming back to this site where, only here, can you find such unique wisdom.
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

I did come out of this experience with a new understanding on some issues. Mainly how the mind has a different capacity during a lucid dream, and also how I would react under immediate fear.

Without quoting Anatel's detailed reply, I should expound on three things here.

Why the big deal with calling my rdc and king in this dream? Dream work is one of the things that I've been working on, obviously if I can master lucid dreaming it would make astral travel easier and I wish to visit my companion's home realms very much. I have come to realize that every time I had a question regarding lucid dreaming it would get answered. The first time I questioned how I would be able to regain my sight when my physical eyes were closed, I was able to observe the process of transitioning into astral sight as i slipped into a lucid dream. My second question was that it's distracting to feel my body breathing when I try to detach my astral body, at what point will I lose that sensation of breathing? The answer is at no point, cause right after I asked that question I slipped into a lucid dream in which I could still feel myself breathing while sauntering around in the dream world. My third question was whether I could call on my companions in a lucid dream and finally meet them and see them in every detail (I had no memory of ever meeting any of them in my regular dreams to date), in the lucid dream that followed I called on my rdc and he appeared right away, although he didn't look the way I expected (totally human). I was confused by his appearance and decided that I would continue to focus on calling on my companions in my future lucid dreams and get some conversations out of them before moving on to a new question. So I was not only upset that my rdc and king didn't come to my rescue, I was also disappointed that I didn't get to meet my rdc again or meet my king face to face for the first time. And worried that something was wrong.

Psalm 23. I don't have a Christian background, I wasn't even raised in a religious family. The fact enables me to appreciate the Bible as a literature classic without all the RHP baggage. I learned the melody to the version of psalm 23 I was singing in the dream from a Christmas movie years ago. I didn't pay attention to the psalm (or any pslam for that matter) though until I started on the path of Hoodoo. Psalm 23 is basically the go to invocation for all the nice spells in Hoodoo. For Hoodoo practitioners who are also Christians they probably do associate it heavily with the image of Yahweh. For me I just find it to be a beautiful little poem (I also found the other psalms and the Song of songs quite beautiful), and whoever the Lord is that's mentioned in this psalm, he represents a positive protective force that brings only nice things. To be honest, in my waking life I probably see it more like a literary device that worked like chaos magick when I used to use the psalm in Hoodoo spells. Anyway, no, I didn't associate Yahweh and his angels with the psalm (really not fond of him as a story character either), neither did I expect them to show up when I was singing it in my dream. It's interesting though that my mind turned to this particular psalm in the dream when I was feeling threatened by a hostile presence, maybe that's where the lesson is, what is it in the psalm that I was drawing strength from to battle my fears?

p.s. I no longer used psalms in my Hoodoo practice ever since I started working with demons since they don't fit in with my path.

I wouldn't say that I did a full ritual on Shemyaza, I burned rose incense and started repeating his name and telling him why I was inviting him. I did feel the energy shift in the room but couldn't establish communication. By laying down I absolutely had no intention to disrespect him, I was hoping for either visions while I was still awake or a dream from him. Of course if it was a human guest I wouldn't have just asked him to come in and then left him standing there while I go take a nap. But with an otherworldy being I would think that the dream state is a much easier way to receive messages from them, at least since I am still developing my communication skills during the waking state.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Anatel

Coffee Queen wrote:I did come out of this experience with a new understanding on some issues. Mainly how the mind has a different capacity during a lucid dream, and also how I would react under immediate fear.

Why the big deal with calling my rdc and king in this dream? Dream work is one of the things that I've been working on, obviously if I can master lucid dreaming it would make astral travel easier and I wish to visit my companion's home realms very much. I have come to realize that every time I had a question regarding lucid dreaming it would get answered. The first time I questioned how I would be able to regain my sight when my physical eyes were closed, I was able to observe the process of transitioning into astral sight as i slipped into a lucid dream. My second question was that it's distracting to feel my body breathing when I try to detach my astral body, at what point will I lose that sensation of breathing? The answer is at no point, cause right after I asked that question I slipped into a lucid dream in which I could still feel myself breathing while sauntering around in the dream world. My third question was whether I could call on my companions in a lucid dream and finally meet them and see them in every detail (I had no memory of ever meeting any of them in my regular dreams to date), in the lucid dream that followed I called on my rdc and he appeared right away, although he didn't look the way I expected (totally human). I was confused by his appearance and decided that I would continue to focus on calling on my companions in my future lucid dreams and get some conversations out of them before moving on to a new question. So I was not only upset that my rdc and king didn't come to my rescue, I was also disappointed that I didn't get to meet my rdc again or meet my king face to face for the first time. And worried that something was wrong.

Psalm 23. I don't have a Christian background, I wasn't even raised in a religious family. The fact enables me to appreciate the Bible as a literature classic without all the RHP baggage. I learned the melody to the version of psalm 23 I was singing in the dream from a Christmas movie years ago. I didn't pay attention to the psalm (or any pslam for that matter) though until I started on the path of Hoodoo. Psalm 23 is basically the go to invocation for all the nice spells in Hoodoo. For Hoodoo practitioners who are also Christians they probably do associate it heavily with the image of Yahweh. For me I just find it to be a beautiful little poem (I also found the other psalms and the Song of songs quite beautiful), and whoever the Lord is that's mentioned in this psalm, he represents a positive protective force that brings only nice things. To be honest, in my waking life I probably see it more like a literary device that worked like chaos magick when I used to use the psalm in Hoodoo spells. Anyway, no, I didn't associate Yahweh and his angels with the psalm (really not fond of him as a story character either), neither did I expect them to show up when I was singing it in my dream. It's interesting though that my mind turned to this particular psalm in the dream when I was feeling threatened by a hostile presence, maybe that's where the lesson is, what is it in the psalm that I was drawing strength from to battle my fears?

p.s. I no longer used psalms in my Hoodoo practice ever since I started working with demons since they don't fit in with my path.

I wouldn't say that I did a full ritual on Shemyaza, I burned rose incense and started repeating his name and telling him why I was inviting him. I did feel the energy shift in the room but couldn't establish communication. By laying down I absolutely had no intention to disrespect him, I was hoping for either visions while I was still awake or a dream from him. Of course if it was a human guest I wouldn't have just asked him to come in and then left him standing there while I go take a nap. But with an otherworldy being I would think that the dream state is a much easier way to receive messages from them, at least since I am still developing my communication skills during the waking state.
Ok well first off there's nothing wrong with calling your RDC or your King. I never said it was wrong. What I said was that in my experience, I find that generally nightmares are no big deal to them and certainly not something that requires "rescuing" from. My point in showing you what the definition of dreams are, was to point out that many times we process through things in a dream state and I cannot see them interrupting that. If you have been practicing lucid dreaming and dream control it makes even more sense they wouldnt interfere. Its like being a toddler learning to walk . If you hold that toddler's hand while he/she tries to walk , continually, it can slow down their progress. There comes a point you just have to let go and step back. letting them do their thing, even if it means falling down.

To be fair, the scenario you're describing in this post is not the same as what you were saying in your original post. You were talking about feeling abandoned and betrayed because they didnt show up to bail you out of a nightmare. what youre talking about in this paragraph about dream work is an entirely different thing. Point is, they are not always going to "come to the rescue" when the shit hits the fan for you. They wont for you, they wont for me, they wont for anyone. Not ALL the time. Its ridiculous folly to expect that of them. You will be left feeling sorely disappointed if you expect that.
quote:
Psalm 23. I don't have a Christian background, I wasn't even raised in a religious family. The fact enables me to appreciate the Bible as a literature classic without all the RHP baggage. I learned the melody to the version of psalm 23 I was singing in the dream from a Christmas movie years ago. I didn't pay attention to the psalm (or any pslam for that matter) though until I started on the path of Hoodoo. Psalm 23 is basically the go to invocation for all the nice spells in Hoodoo. For Hoodoo practitioners who are also Christians they probably do associate it heavily with the image of Yahweh. For me I just find it to be a beautiful little poem (I also found the other psalms and the Song of songs quite beautiful), and whoever the Lord is that's mentioned in this psalm, he represents a positive protective force that brings only nice things. To be honest, in my waking life I probably see it more like a literary device that worked like chaos magick when I used to use the psalm in Hoodoo spells. Anyway, no, I didn't associate Yahweh and his angels with the psalm (really not fond of him as a story character either), neither did I expect them to show up when I was singing it in my dream. It's interesting though that my mind turned to this particular psalm in the dream when I was feeling threatened by a hostile presence, maybe that's where the lesson is, what is it in the psalm that I was drawing strength from to battle my fears? quote
It matters little that you never have been a christian. You can think all day long its a pretty fluffy little poem that has a nice lyrical flow or whatever... But we are talking about Demons and Fallen Angels here. And with respect, Hoodoo practitioners dont generally, as a rule, work with either. So ... you are going to recite , whether you believe in the words or not, something that praises a god that will have brutally orchestrated the murder of Samyaza's wife/wives and children in front of his very eyes in his presence... nice. Can you not see the utter disrespect in this? Lets break down the reality of this pretty little psalm here and remember that you are trying to work with DL's , FA's and your own companions, one of which is a Royal, which will be a descendent of a DL....I feel i can comment on this particular Psalm in depth as I was a Christian for the first half of my life. Whether you believe it or not, like it or not, when you are reciting this , what ive put in parenthesis is what YOU are personally proclaiming.
(A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (roughly saying that Yawheh and yawheh ONLY provides you with what you need. NO one else.)
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (yawheh is your sole source of comfort emotionally . Still waters, do you see that? calming, healing, soothing. Oh that Yawheh. )
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (He heals my soul and leads me to be a good little girl - pretty sure it doesnt mean playing with demons and invoking FA Watchers that he personally hates and whos families he brutally murdered while they watched in horror...)
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Oh Yawheh, I can walk through any darkness and You will protect me. I will fear no evil... You DO realize that he means demons here, right? Demons cause EVERYTHING bad in xtianity. But ya know..maybe his rod and staff can bring you some relaxation.. )
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (YOU are the enemy this psalm is talking about. WE are the enemies. ANYONE delving into witchcraft , divination, demonic magick, summoning, invoking, general cavorting and fuckery are ALL the enemies. Sorry here, but not a damn one of us is sitting at THAT table. But thats ok, you can come to mine which is open to all and much less judgy)
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Here you are proclaiming your undying LIFELONG DEVOTION to Yawheh and promising a place in his *house* or heaven FOREVER. that means no magick, no demons, no DLS , certainly not your RDC and king (they can be kicking it at my table) )
Point being, whether you believe in it or not, words do have power. By reciting that, you are proclaiming yourself to be one of Yawheh's little sheeple and that he is the Big Daddy who will take care of you and keep you from the "evil demons". Doesnt matter your intent or belief. I assure you, your demon family and the DLs dont like that shit. This is why it is VITAL for people to understand what they are saying before they go saying it.
Ok, Are you aware of just exactly WHO Samyaza is? I really dont understand a couple of things here. 1) the NEED to invoke such a powerful being JUST to find out his side of the story. How do you even ask that? hey so... what was it like having your family killed? 2) why you would halfass the ritual by just name repetition and incense and a request and actually expect to get results, bail, then get scared when things go pear shaped? There are methods for dream working with Them that are perfectly acceptable, but without being a super douche, half a ritual and then laying down is not the right way. I think all too often we assume that because something is considered ok by our standards that it is ok by THEIR standards and that simply is not true. You called a being you couldnt connect with .... then laid down. Regardless of your motives, you didnt close your half ritual properly, you literally left him standing there (its not HIS fault you couldnt see him) and you laid down. An easier and more respectful way would have been to find his sigil/symbol and write your request to him to dream walk with you and place it under a pillow or mattress. You could have then burned your incense before bed, and meditated on his sigil so your intent is clearly known.
You do you and thats cool, but all I'm saying is dont be surprised you didnt get assistance in this particular case. Its a learning curve. We've all been there.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
user309

Anatel wrote:
Coffee Queen wrote:I did come out of this experience with a new understanding on some issues. Mainly how the mind has a different capacity during a lucid dream, and also how I would react under immediate fear.

Ok well first off there's nothing wrong with calling your RDC or your King. I never said it was wrong. What I said was that in my experience, I find that generally nightmares are no big deal to them and certainly not something that requires "rescuing" from. My point in showing you what the definition of dreams are, was to point out that many times we process through things in a dream state and I cannot see them interrupting that. If you have been practicing lucid dreaming and dream control it makes even more sense they wouldnt interfere. Its like being a toddler learning to walk . If you hold that toddler's hand while he/she tries to walk , continually, it can slow down their progress. There comes a point you just have to let go and step back. letting them do their thing, even if it means falling down.

To be fair, the scenario you're describing in this post is not the same as what you were saying in your original post. You were talking about feeling abandoned and betrayed because they didnt show up to bail you out of a nightmare. what youre talking about in this paragraph about dream work is an entirely different thing. Point is, they are not always going to "come to the rescue" when the shit hits the fan for you. They wont for you, they wont for me, they wont for anyone. Not ALL the time. Its ridiculous folly to expect that of them. You will be left feeling sorely disappointed if you expect that.
quote:
Psalm 23. I don't have a Christian background, I wasn't even raised in a religious family. The fact enables me to appreciate the Bible as a literature classic without all the RHP baggage. I learned the melody to the version of psalm 23 I was singing in the dream from a Christmas movie years ago. I didn't pay attention to the psalm (or any pslam for that matter) though until I started on the path of Hoodoo. Psalm 23 is basically the go to invocation for all the nice spells in Hoodoo. For Hoodoo practitioners who are also Christians they probably do associate it heavily with the image of Yahweh. For me I just find it to be a beautiful little poem (I also found the other psalms and the Song of songs quite beautiful), and whoever the Lord is that's mentioned in this psalm, he represents a positive protective force that brings only nice things. To be honest, in my waking life I probably see it more like a literary device that worked like chaos magick when I used to use the psalm in Hoodoo spells. Anyway, no, I didn't associate Yahweh and his angels with the psalm (really not fond of him as a story character either), neither did I expect them to show up when I was singing it in my dream. It's interesting though that my mind turned to this particular psalm in the dream when I was feeling threatened by a hostile presence, maybe that's where the lesson is, what is it in the psalm that I was drawing strength from to battle my fears? quote
It matters little that you never have been a christian. You can think all day long its a pretty fluffy little poem that has a nice lyrical flow or whatever... But we are talking about Demons and Fallen Angels here. And with respect, Hoodoo practitioners dont generally, as a rule, work with either. So ... you are going to recite , whether you believe in the words or not, something that praises a god that will have brutally orchestrated the murder of Samyaza's wife/wives and children in front of his very eyes in his presence... nice. Can you not see the utter disrespect in this? Lets break down the reality of this pretty little psalm here and remember that you are trying to work with DL's , FA's and your own companions, one of which is a Royal, which will be a descendent of a DL....I feel i can comment on this particular Psalm in depth as I was a Christian for the first half of my life. Whether you believe it or not, like it or not, when you are reciting this , what ive put in parenthesis is what YOU are personally proclaiming.
(A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (roughly saying that Yawheh and yawheh ONLY provides you with what you need. NO one else.)
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (yawheh is your sole source of comfort emotionally . Still waters, do you see that? calming, healing, soothing. Oh that Yawheh. )
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (He heals my soul and leads me to be a good little girl - pretty sure it doesnt mean playing with demons and invoking FA Watchers that he personally hates and whos families he brutally murdered while they watched in horror...)
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Oh Yawheh, I can walk through any darkness and You will protect me. I will fear no evil... You DO realize that he means demons here, right? Demons cause EVERYTHING bad in xtianity. But ya know..maybe his rod and staff can bring you some relaxation.. )
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (YOU are the enemy this psalm is talking about. WE are the enemies. ANYONE delving into witchcraft , divination, demonic magick, summoning, invoking, general cavorting and fuckery are ALL the enemies. Sorry here, but not a damn one of us is sitting at THAT table. But thats ok, you can come to mine which is open to all and much less judgy)
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Here you are proclaiming your undying LIFELONG DEVOTION to Yawheh and promising a place in his *house* or heaven FOREVER. that means no magick, no demons, no DLS , certainly not your RDC and king (they can be kicking it at my table) )
Point being, whether you believe in it or not, words do have power. By reciting that, you are proclaiming yourself to be one of Yawheh's little sheeple and that he is the Big Daddy who will take care of you and keep you from the "evil demons". Doesnt matter your intent or belief. I assure you, your demon family and the DLs dont like that shit. This is why it is VITAL for people to understand what they are saying before they go saying it.
Ok, Are you aware of just exactly WHO Samyaza is? I really dont understand a couple of things here. 1) the NEED to invoke such a powerful being JUST to find out his side of the story. How do you even ask that? hey so... what was it like having your family killed? 2) why you would halfass the ritual by just name repetition and incense and a request and actually expect to get results, bail, then get scared when things go pear shaped? There are methods for dream working with Them that are perfectly acceptable, but without being a super douche, half a ritual and then laying down is not the right way. I think all too often we assume that because something is considered ok by our standards that it is ok by THEIR standards and that simply is not true. You called a being you couldnt connect with .... then laid down. Regardless of your motives, you didnt close your half ritual properly, you literally left him standing there (its not HIS fault you couldnt see him) and you laid down. An easier and more respectful way would have been to find his sigil/symbol and write your request to him to dream walk with you and place it under a pillow or mattress. You could have then burned your incense before bed, and meditated on his sigil so your intent is clearly known.
You do you and thats cool, but all I'm saying is dont be surprised you didnt get assistance in this particular case. Its a learning curve. We've all been there.
hmm.. this is indeed interesting (a guilty trip for someone and scaring the rest of the black sheeps... intentionally or not.. I am definitely putting on hold any intention or even slight thought of "trying" at this point until "further notice") topic and post up to this point. But it does makes sense and the warnings are fair (i think..).. but if we go to the root of the problem.. we will realize.. on one hand.. we are told to be bold and just "trial and error" (Lady Akelta's story and other ppl's encouragement) and just to do it. Approach it the way we feel is right. "Respectfully" (our own definition of respect) approach them. "Ask" and "read" about it (well.. most of these stuff has no references and the only few references are RHP to begin with) and tweak the ritual (or whatever you call them) and proceed. We were told they wont be easily offended and they are kind and gentle and wont go spanking our ass if we "tripped" a little. They are of higher beings and intellect... they will know our shortcomings and our fault and lack of abilities and so on... all is "good"...

on the other hand.. just like our dear "mother" Anatel (with her spanking hand raised in the air and knee ready to bend us over and spank the hell out of our ass) has just pointed out.. for our benefits and good.. pointed out the "grave" mistakes and "should not do" things and as i say.. they are fair and the warnings makes sense.. and we are now back to feeling sad and grieve and goes to "crap.. i shouldnt have done it...." (guilt trip) and then beating ourselves up.. and for those strong willed black sheeps... "oh.. lets do it again.. this time i use some other stuff instead".. which could ended back in consequences A) get our ass kicked again and another spanking session from "Mother"... or B) did it nicely and correctly.. or C) nothing happened and we have to bang our sheepish head against the wall again.

So.. I know some of you heard me asking this before.. but.. i think its important... can we have some rough "standard" ritual routines? Like what we should be doing and step by steps for it for those of us who are new to this path so we could at least try to start our first baby step into connecting with the Dark lords (and Fallen angels)? I mean something more than draw their sigil.. light a candle.. chant their enn.. put the sigil in your pillow if you want (i think now i think that is not appropriate as outlined above by Anatel.. we shall not do half ass ritual and go to sleep! *spank spank spank!*.. but i remember someone said its ok to do so.. maybe its a different thing.. i dunno... i am just a baby wolf who knows nothing.. sees nothing.. hears nothing.. feels nothing). Or maybe we should start by telling what are the different rituals and stuff available for us like those who put into the pillow and sleep and those who need to be awake throughout the ritual and those of us who needs to find a cat and sacrifice (this is obviously a joke and no... Lord satan do not require a cat sacrifice or a baby sacrifice!) or maybe some "sacrificial" connecting ritual? (I totally have no idea if there is such thing). Then for the beginners who never done it before.. maybe some step to step with some do and don't in place.. and then what kinda "accidents" or stuff we might encounter and what to do if such things happened? like got attacked or astral spanking from "mother".. what can we do in such cases? what stuff to recite (lord satan's enn... with the enn please..) and how long the interaction should be.. what kinda "motivation" or request or whatever you wanna call it must we have? how to get that message through effectively and not be misunderstood by the Dark Lords? I dont wanna call with intention to connect and learn from them and they think i wanna get my ass spanked and served on a hot plate... and there were mentioning of closing ritual... so i assume there is an opening and pre-opening and post-closing ritual as well? and..... hur? there are such things? (see?.. thats why i tell ppl i dont wanna do it yet even if i wanna do it... i can tell you my ass has not enuf space for all these spanking even if i have a large butt.. there is just too little info and most info are very misleading...)..

Maybe there can be some session we can make to discuss this? coz from what i see.. most post about it dont really discuss the ritual.. and most ritual post do not really discuss the steps... and most of the time we only get thrown arrows and darts and swords and being a pin cushion with all the negative but not constructive comments (not this post.. this post is very enlightening and at least explanation were offered). I mean, some ppl either stay quiet with their eyes rolled (we cant see that eye rolling motion from here) and then close. Some point out the stuff we are doing wrong but without references (even if no references at least tell us where he/she is coming from and we can be the judge to that info) and mostly do not offer any "remedial" steps or what we could have done. I do understand that each of the DLs and each of us is different and there is no "one ritual (size) fit all" but at least with a proper step by step... we can tweak accordingly? and we are far less to bump into mistakes and as we progress, we will start to know better? What do you think? I, bad wolfy for one do not like open ended suggestion like "go with the ones you feel connected to" or "do what you feel is right". I prefer step by step guidance and a suggestion to a general "target" first to get a feel of it and then ONLY will i attempt more "individual/customized" stuff..

Btw, another issue i am facing and havent found an answer to is the triangles and circles and protection stuff. The books out there, I do understand mostly are RHP and does not like demons so to speak. But I do read some ppl mentioned draw circles and triangles here too (or some other weird shapes and stuff). Also invoking protective "spirits"? I believe this belongs to the step to step ritual guides but I would definitely like some info on all these "drawings" too. I hope I dint post too long and i did not offend anybody... please dont spank me or throw daggers, arrows, pins, or any sharp or blunt objects at me.. i scare pain :X
Anatel

LOL guilt trip my ass, wolfy. You could have connected with a dark lord long ago if you were to read or study ANYTHING instead of waiting on someone to spoon feed it to you. There are MULTIPLE threads on here about connecting. Satyra wrote one a long time ago as well. Its not difficult. Connolly's books also have detailed descriptions on how to do it for beginners. This has been stated over and over ad nauseum. If you havent read, seen or heard anything about these, then thats on you, not us for failing to give you the information. This path requires almost constant study and DESIRE to find out facts via reading not just waiting on someone to give you the info.

Im not spanking anyone , and I dont feel CQ, who has her head on her shoulders, would feel Im spanking her either. She's a friend and fellow magus and had an issue (ie started a ritual, was overcome with energy, laid down, drifted off, complained of being dragged off the bed and plunged into nightmares where she felt abandoned). She came in , asked what could have happened. I offered, BECAUSE OF MY OWN EXPERIENCES, an explanation. She doesnt need you to come in and rescue her by trying to be chivalrous and pointing out what you see as "differences" between mine and akeltas approach. My words here dont need to be followed or heeded, in all honesty it makes no odds whatsoever to me. I dont really care if anyone listens or not. But i would feel bad if i knew something and DIDNT put in my two cents. My daily life consists of daily ritual, meditation, prayer, magick and almost constant contact with my Demon Family (whether im happy or pissed off with the way things are going) and studying. Its been this way for me for a few years now. Listen or don't. *shrug*

You make references, several, to me being "mother" and spanking asses... Listen, snowflake, if thats the route you want to take, then lets look at this from a mom perspective. Someone comes in, scared, worried, and hurt with a problem. I can either say " oh thats ok honey, do it again!" and sit back as that person gets further upset and this time, instead of being dragged across the bed, they get thrown up against the wall or worse- they invoke something that wont EVER leave. OR i can do the "mother" thing as you so repetitively stated and say hang on , if that happened lets break down the components of what you did. A) started an incantation - ok nothing wrong there B) invoked a deity- again nothing wrong there C) decided the energy was too much E) laid down. Totally skipping D) which would be Close the ritual. Thank you Samyaza for attending my right, I bid you peace and goodbye. THIS is what makes that ritual a bit off and probably why she got dragged down the bed and overcome with energy . Its not scare tactics here. I care about her well being and safety. Someone asked a question, i answered it. Its up to her, you or anyone else who reads it to take the advice or leave it. Akelta, whos been doing this longer than anyone has gotten HER ass kicked a few times too. Just putting that out there. do a search on here. The threads are there.

Akeltas be bold and trial and error is the step AFTER what i consistently say. RESPECT. How do you respect? Generally not YOUR idea of what respect is. Lets face it, This world generally has no clue what respect is anymore. So... since you feel you need to be hand held through this, here we go: Respect- respect the DLS by researching ALL you can about them, who they are, what they do, their history if you can find it, what they like, dont like, ask questions about them, BEFORE you contact them. This has also been said, ad nauseum here. And WHY do we say this? Not to be kiss asses, but so we dont get injured and can forge positive relationships. As for step by step instructions, Complete Book, wolfy. Read it. It gives basic ritual constructs. Im not giving my rituals out because i do them differently than the book. Akelta isnt going to give you hers, because she does them differently to me and the books. Another reason is this : rituals are private, sacred and personal. They take YEARS to develop and I'm sorry, Im not giving years of work away. The books we recommend have basic ritual construct, its up to you to put in the work to flesh them out. Thats part of walking the path.
We were told they wont be easily offended and they are kind and gentle and wont go spanking our ass if we "tripped" a little. They are of higher beings and intellect... they will know our shortcomings and our fault and lack of abilities and so on... all is "good"...
lol..... this CAN be true..I wouldnt call them necessarily "kind and gentle" but if we can be assed enough to do the before hand research they do overlook rookie mistakes. I am currently working on working with a Deity there is very llittle information about. Ive been studying what i can for MONTHS before even approaching him. So i dont get my ass kicked. Hes not a fluffy bunny and damn sure demanded a few things before i even spoke my first word to him. Why? Because I dont want to get my ass kicked. I dont want MY version of respect to be wrong. I dont sit there and say dont do that! for fun and shits and giggles. I say it because myself or someone i know got their asses kicked for similar. Im a higher being than my dog but if she shits on the floor im going to scold her for it. Im not going to say oh silly thing! tra lalalalala . Does that mean im being harsh? No, it means I'm teaching her not to shit on my floor. Im going to clap my hands loudly, shout NO! and get her to the back door so she can go out asap. She doesnt like hearing me shout no or clapping my hands so she eventually learns NOT to do that.
Some point out the stuff we are doing wrong but without references (even if no references at least tell us where he/she is coming from and we can be the judge to that info) and mostly do not offer any "remedial" steps or what we could have done.
im going to put this ^^ with this below:
Btw, another issue i am facing and havent found an answer to is the triangles and circles and protection stuff. The books out there, I do understand mostly are RHP and does not like demons so to speak. But I do read some ppl mentioned draw circles and triangles here too (or some other weird shapes and stuff). Also invoking protective "spirits"? I believe this belongs to the step to step ritual guides but I would definitely like some info on all these "drawings" too
And tell you for the five millionth time to read the Complete Book of Demonolatry. I could explain , in depth, the circle and the triangle to you here however, I feel you are absolutely right that you SHOULD be the judge of the information, whether it is relevant or not. Read that, itll tell you all you need to know, from a non rhp perspective on circles and triangles. :)
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Feels like most of this stuff has been said more than once and with great frequency. Anatel said it well. I'll say it simply: you're never going to progress on any path unless you understand and stick to that path. There are books - good books - that can serve as your road map. If you're too lazy to read them or do the work, that's on you. And without an actual foundation - without using a roadmap - you should expect to wander around without direction. In other words... instead of trying on 100 magickal traditions and only getting a piece of this or that... maybe try following one and becoming an expert. A martial artist doesn't switch disciplines every other week and expect to be a great fighter. Instead, he masters his craft and then considers learning from one or two other traditions. Spiritual pursuits are the same... if you try 100 and become the expert of none, expect you will get your ass kicked routinely as you have no real foundation.

Once you've got a tradition down, you may start to see where you're going. 40 years wandering aimlessly in the desert? No thanks. I think I'll figure out where I'm trying to go first, then find the guide that gets me there. Oh, and I will probably have a good reason on setting out in the first place. Not just cause it's something cool to do.

I don't post much these days. In part due to travel and work circumstances. In part also because it just doesn't do any good. We keep going around in the same circles. For anyone who wants success, they will need to work for it. It's not going to be handed to you. True enlightenment comes from self study, trial and error, and the knowledge imparted in the pursuit. So much of this has been said time and time again. Honestly it's ehxhausting.
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”