Cabin In The Woods

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Cabin In The Woods: So a few weeks back I shared a story about the cabin I spent time in as a kid in Lake Tahoe, and while I have many stories to share I thought this dream I had about a week after posting that was interesting. And with dreams I don’t normally assume everything is a message and try to find Waldo non-stop, but this one was one of those lucid ones that sticks with you and feels so 4D. I also haven’t had a dream about the Cabin that I can remember, this is my first. 

Back Story
I have shared some experiences about my time at the Cabin in previous posts but I wanted to give some additional context. The cabin is where I have the most vivid memories of the paranormal and supernatural and where I learned about the forms of divination.  I have many stories of this cabin but that is for as series of posts.  recently I have been talking about my lack of third eye clarity, and wile I have some current blockages I can fondly remember that the Cabin is where I was most aware.  Yes there were other times but, this is where I remember with the most clarity. 

The Dream

I dreamt that Joanne and I went to stay at the cabin, in Tahoe.  We got there at night and while there were lots of homes closer than I remember, no one was around. There was ice all over the place and I had to go to the outside of the house and flip the power on then use the key to get in, with ice everywhere.  We opened the door, knowing no one had been there in forever, and went in.  There was ice everywhere, on all the furniture and walls etc, but to me this was normal and knew it would all thaw out.  Jay and I put our bags down then found a dog, but for some reason we expected to find the dog inside so this wasn’t anything unusual. It is mostly unusual because it is an odd thing to expect. 

We started walking around the house and then discovered that most of the house was cordoned off because of the poor structure, it was falling apart, literally.  I went to step on a tile that was on a floor over the basement and once I set foot on it, it caved.  I was able to get away from it and move to other areas.   At that time the neighbor came to let us know that my family had let the house go, hadn't taken care of it and it was dilapidated.   We left the house to look at it from the outside and got across a canal type thing when the main left side of the house fell off, then the whole thing fell forward and on another house.   Joanne and I were stunned but went up to try to find our bags and clothes since we had nothing.  

I am honestly not sure what this dream means other than signifying walls coming down, but what walls. I will be digesting this more in the coming weeks and doing some writing to see if I garner any “aha” moments.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

DoubleD wrote:Cabin In The Woods: So a few weeks back I shared a story about the cabin I spent time in as a kid in Lake Tahoe, and while I have many stories to share I thought this dream I had about a week after posting that was interesting. And with dreams I don’t normally assume everything is a message and try to find Waldo non-stop, but this one was one of those lucid ones that sticks with you and feels so 4D. I also haven’t had a dream about the Cabin that I can remember, this is my first. 

Back Story
I have shared some experiences about my time at the Cabin in previous posts but I wanted to give some additional context. The cabin is where I have the most vivid memories of the paranormal and supernatural and where I learned about the forms of divination.  I have many stories of this cabin but that is for as series of posts.  recently I have been talking about my lack of third eye clarity, and wile I have some current blockages I can fondly remember that the Cabin is where I was most aware.  Yes there were other times but, this is where I remember with the most clarity. 

The Dream

I dreamt that Joanne and I went to stay at the cabin, in Tahoe.  We got there at night and while there were lots of homes closer than I remember, no one was around. There was ice all over the place and I had to go to the outside of the house and flip the power on then use the key to get in, with ice everywhere.  We opened the door, knowing no one had been there in forever, and went in.  There was ice everywhere, on all the furniture and walls etc, but to me this was normal and knew it would all thaw out.  Jay and I put our bags down then found a dog, but for some reason we expected to find the dog inside so this wasn’t anything unusual. It is mostly unusual because it is an odd thing to expect. 

We started walking around the house and then discovered that most of the house was cordoned off because of the poor structure, it was falling apart, literally.  I went to step on a tile that was on a floor over the basement and once I set foot on it, it caved.  I was able to get away from it and move to other areas.   At that time the neighbor came to let us know that my family had let the house go, hadn't taken care of it and it was dilapidated.   We left the house to look at it from the outside and got across a canal type thing when the main left side of the house fell off, then the whole thing fell forward and on another house.   Joanne and I were stunned but went up to try to find our bags and clothes since we had nothing.  

I am honestly not sure what this dream means other than signifying walls coming down, but what walls. I will be digesting this more in the coming weeks and doing some writing to see if I garner any “aha” moments.
OK let's see if i can help pick this apart. I may be wrong but here goes.... you connect this house to your most active third eye times correct? and currently feel your third eye needs more work. that is why ice is every where, your third eye is stuck in a frozen state. Not sure about the dog, let me grab my dream book :) did he lick your hand? A friendly dog that licks your hand indicates you will have gains and sincere friends.( I am not sure if that just goes for friendly dogs in general or they have to lick your hand) but then walls start falling down. sooo maybe your gains are third eye awakenings and the walls falling down are your going to break through your blockages. I hope I helped :devilgrin:
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
DoubleD

ha Nefer, huge kudos to you. I actually totally agree with this dissection as it is how I looked at it too. I think the dog is friendly but he didn't lick my hand that I remember.

Another part I found interesting was my family letting it to go waste, letting it fall apart. This is the exact opposite of how this house has been cared for so it must be my own house, basically I am not maintaining my own spiritual house.

Thanks for the reply Nefer, you are spot on.
Nefer

You are quite welcome DD :) I also found this online http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/dog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A dog in a dream is the symbol of protection, this dream is a simple warning. You should try to protect something in life. If the dog is friendly, then this suggests that someone or that someone is actually protecting you. A dog can also mean faith and companionship."
so then this would make the dream's meaning a little bit different. I don't know everything in your life that is going on so it'll be harder to depict. Again the cabin equals your third eye ability. Ice is your third eye is frozen. Dog is you have a companion protecting you during this breaking through your barriers ( walls falling down) still same concept though :)
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Nefer

DoubleD wrote:ha Nefer, huge kudos to you. I actually totally agree with this dissection as it is how I looked at it too. I think the dog is friendly but he didn't lick my hand that I remember.

Another part I found interesting was my family letting it to go waste, letting it fall apart. This is the exact opposite of how this house has been cared for so it must be my own house, basically I am not maintaining my own spiritual house.

Thanks for the reply Nefer, you are spot on.
Or everything mentioned before but this time the dog is saying you need to protect your spiritual house. I forgot about the part where your feet fall through the floor. This is where you come in. You know yourself better than I do and you know what is going on in your life. I gave you as much possibilities that your dream could man. The rest is up to you to decipher :hug: :)
DoubleD

yep and all part of the journey. I have a werewolf companion named Cassa so it could be him, he has been in other dreams as well. But then again i am drawing a blank on the dog now but I dont' think it looked the same as the wolf.

Since I will be sharing more about my experiences in the cabin that should help.
Nefer

Indeed. The more information one has the easier to decipher. I am sorry I did not mean to confuse you. I am thinking it means everything I said in the first message with the addition of you needing to better maintain your spiritual house.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”