An interesting dream I thought I'd share

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This dream I had last night while doing a sleep study at a local hospital. They had me wired up five ways to next Tuesday, most on my head, but also on my legs, chest, back and arms. I then wore a mask feeding me pure oxygen for the entire time. I slept for 12 hours.

The dreams were amazing in their detail, full color, with story-lines, for the most part. I could not hope to relate them all. The first was the most interesting.

I was part of an expedition to a distant planet where there was, apparently, no life. We landed outside the ruins of a major city, all was broken and crumbling, devastated by an unknown cataclysm. But there was life, humanoid, people living in the ruins. Some of them approached us and told us what had happened.

There had been a battle between two shamans one good, the other, way not good. The bad shaman had won, placing every aspect of their lives under his control. His every utterance was sacred writ, he was never wrong about anything and they had to obey himself and his human servants without question, upon pain of death. Many people had died already.

After some time there we began to hear stories that the “good” shaman had survived, and had taken himself to some place far, far away in the wilderness. They assumed he was hiding, if, indeed, he was alive at all.

We returned to our ship in orbit around the planet, and at one point I am standing in a room, oblong, 35 or 45 feet long, maybe 9 feet wide with a nine foot ceiling. The room was empty and had no light source, but was brightly lit. At the far end of room, there was no wall, it opened onto the vacuum of space. Beyond was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in a dream. There among the stars and nebula was a black Sun. Even though it was black, I could see it was spherical, and it was surrounded by a most beautiful electric blue corona. Behind it was a nebula of the most fantastic colors. Individual stars and star clusters fill the black void.

I wondered how we could be standing here seeing this with no equipment to protect us. I walked to the edge, reached forward, touching an invisible force field.
The young woman I was with asked me if I could hear whispering. I couldn't. She insisted that many someones were whispering. She place her ear against the wall and told me come listen. I did, and at first heard people speaking in a language I could not understand. Then, quite suddenly, I could understand them.

They were telling us how to find the “good shaman” We returned planet-side and began our search. Much of the dream was taken up with the adventures we had while looking for him. And the dangers we faced at the hands of the bad shaman's followers. We met many different people, some helpful, others decidedly not. We also began to find evidence that the “devastation” from the war was an illusion, maintained by the evil shaman to cement his control over the people

We finally found the good shaman atop a huge mesa in a desert much like the one in New Mexico or Arizona. He knew all that was going on. It behooved the “authorities” to pretend he had been destroyed, that is what they told people. He could keep to his mesa and do as he pleased, provided he never challenged the “bad” Shaman again..

He was pretty happy with that arrangement. He really did not want to fight old battles. As we talked it dawned on us that this fellow really was more powerful than the Bad Shaman, a lot more powerful. But his position was that if “the people” couldn't muster up the spit to see beyond Bad Shaman's illusions, and it wasn't that hard, why the hell should he fight their battles for them? If they wanted a “Messiah” well, good luck with that. “Messiah” wasn't in his resume.

There was a long conversation of which I do not remember any details, he finally agreed to fight with us, but if it turned out that “the people” were holding back to save their own asses, he was gone, for good. There was a long period in which we were all actually fighting. Nothing was really changing, though. Neither our side nor his were winning any decisive battles.

Then a woman, a noblewoman, approached me and said she had something she was sure would “defeat” the bad shaman. It was a silver jewel casket of a type common to noble ladies in the middle ages. She never opened it that I remember, but the good shaman took it from her and did something with it I do not remember.

The result was rapid. All of the bad shamans illusions dissolved away, the ruins became whole buildings, which were stunningly beautiful. All was made right and the bad shaman found himself very much alive, but powerless. Many people wanted to kill him on the spot, but the good shaman forbade that. Yes, he had done many bad things, but taking his life would accomplish nothing while dragging us down to his level. If we really wanted a new beginning, then ALL of the old ways of doing things had to change.

It was at that point that dream shifted to a new story line.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Oh my! What a fascinating dream. You could make a book from that! How did the noble lady get that jewel? She just had it on her? Mr. Good Shaman reminds me of Luke Skywalker, when he goes to hide on an island.

What was the sleep study like? Did you have to take something then go to sleep? XD very interesting
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Hahaha or make a movie! Reminds me of th one with matthew mcconaughey and idris elba... definitely interesting and fascinating, perhaps an underlying message from the subconscious through the dream about the daily battles u face? :devilooo:
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Passchendaele

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:Oh my! What a fascinating dream. You could make a book from that! How did the noble lady get that jewel? She just had it on her? Mr. Good Shaman reminds me of Luke Skywalker, when he goes to hide on an island.

What was the sleep study like? Did you have to take something then go to sleep? XD very interesting
I didn't go in until midnight, and I didn't do anything special to prepare, beyond taking a shower. I brought my dream journal with me, just in case, and I thought writing in it would help me doze off. Things like that do. Writing, reading, laying out new necklace designs, one minute I'l be wide awake, then...I can't keep my eyes open. I was very surprised that I slept as well as I did. I'm not someone who does well in motels and things, unless I am there for more than one night. Sleeping in a new space is something that I have to "adjust" to.

The noble lady....She had not appeared earlier in the dream, everything about her was..medieval..which, in the context of the dream, should have been very out of place. She is something ancient. It was no accident that she appeared as she did, with her silver jewel casket....Something just occurred to me, there is something very, very Tarot-ish about her. And her intervention did not just end the war, but it shattered the "bad" Shaman's power to cast illusions. With her silver jewel casket, the truth was revealed, and all was put right, the people were free. Her appearance in my dream is the major turning point in the story......which makes me wonder if she was entirely a symbol of my own making.

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

Passchendaele

Passemoon wrote:Hahaha or make a movie! Reminds me of th one with matthew mcconaughey and idris elba... definitely interesting and fascinating, perhaps an underlying message from the subconscious through the dream about the daily battles u face? :devilooo:
That waaaaaay occurred to me. I had three major dreams that night, but the one I posted was the only one to have narrative cohesion. It unfolded as a story, or movie, or TV show would unfold. It had a beginning, middle and end, complete with the "good guys" winning, justice prevails over tyranny. And they lived happily ever after.

William Butler Yeats

Passchendaele

So...I just went to Google to type in “Black Sun” to see what there might be on-line about such a thing appearing in dreams. Oh...f***! It is an ancient symbol from many cultures world-wide that has been “adopted” by Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. DISCLAIMER: No Neo-Nazis, klansmen or white supremacist psychos had ANYTHING to do with the Black Sun symbol in my dream.

Just Say'n.

William Butler Yeats

Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Some of the demons and dark lords are familiar with the black sun.. maybe u are called to work with this specific energy?
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Passchendaele

Passemoon wrote:Some of the demons and dark lords are familiar with the black sun.. maybe u are called to work with this specific energy?
That is a real possibility. It, actually, is highly probable. Much of this dream was clearly "messages to myself." It was my Higher Self, and also Beings that I am interacting with on the Astral, and other levels. That I see this Black Sun while on a voyage of discovery is most telling, and after seeing it, recive messages from many whispered voices, instructing me on how to find the "Good Shaman" That it is not a strait-forward path, "Go from Point A, to Point B." but a path that sets me on any number of "adventures" along the way, tells me that I am receiving "outside" help, but nothing is going to be handed to me.

My life is the "adventure", and every "fork in the road" is my opportunity to choose my path. If I choose to help the "bad shaman", then I lose my ability to choose altogether. "Do as I say, not as I do" Surrender my ability to choose, and become the slave of a despot.

That the "despot" is actually a part of me is something I have not quite come to terms with. The "bad shaman" wields real power, but it is the power to confuse, to re-enforce illusions, once stripped of that power, he has no power at all to influence me. He still lives, to be sure, and will continue to live because I cannot "kill" a part of myself, but he will no longer frighten me away from empowering choices.

At least, that's how I am currently reading it.

William Butler Yeats

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”